Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 8:07 AM
Monique's hacked computer global/tutorial?
Since i downloaded [this] computers and [updated version] of them i just never use other computers anymore, it's kind of sad...So i tried to find global edition of Monique's computers with no luck i assume there's no such thing, and also i tried to find tutorial on how to "update" non-Monique computers, same result...
I don't have much hope but maybe someone out there can make this mod global or write tutorial for manual update?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:23 PM
Requests are not permitted here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Requests are not permitted here.

I know and that's a question, not a request, i'm not sure that what i'm looking for doesn't exist so i'm asking.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:26 AM
Do you mean you want to apply the hacked functions of Monique's computer to all computers globally rather than just have them available on Monique's computer? That would be nice to have, but I'm not sure that can be done; I tend to think it probably would have been done already, if it could be done. But, if it can be done, it's not something that I'd know how to do, that's for sure. If you want more options for different types of computers, a far easier thing to do would be to make new objects, just clones of Monique's computer with new meshes. There are all sorts of object-making tutorials out there. But then you'd have a bunch of new objects, which isn't the same as a mod to apply the programming of Monique's computer to all computers. But, it'd be something.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:08 AM
I take the view that sims view death as non final. They live in a world where you can bring your dead back with just a phone call and some money, so meh?

Lol, I replied to the wrong thread, that was for the cow plant thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Do you mean you want to apply the hacked functions of Monique's computer to all computers globally rather than just have them available on Monique's computer? That would be nice to have, but I'm not sure that can be done; I tend to think it probably would have been done already, if it could be done. But, if it can be done, it's not something that I'd know how to do, that's for sure. If you want more options for different types of computers, a far easier thing to do would be to make new objects, just clones of Monique's computer with new meshes. There are all sorts of object-making tutorials out there. But then you'd have a bunch of new objects, which isn't the same as a mod to apply the programming of Monique's computer to all computers. But, it'd be something.

Yes, apply to all computers would be awesome, but i would go for apply functions manually to each computer, one by one, if there were instructions on how to do it somewhere. I like Monique's computers, but i really want more choises. Yes, i thought about it too, someone probably would have made it by now, i just have a hope that i didn't find it, internet is big and all that That's a really good idea! I didn't think of it before you tell it, thanks, maybe it will be easier then "update" computers, but i never saw a tutorial like this and by quick search i didn't find anything close to "clone object with new mesh" don't you have a link or a direction where to search by any chance?
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:34 AM
You'd "just" need to create a new object. All new objects start as a clone of an existing one, either a Maxis object or a custom one, in order to make a copy of its existing information/programming, and then you fiddle with it from there, to make the object be and do whatever you want. I'm not an object creator, myself, but in this case I believe the basic process would be to extract the mesh of the computer you want to apply Monique's hacking to, then clone Monique's computer and replace its mesh with the extracted one. It'd be a little easier since you wouldn't have to make the new mesh yourself.

Object creation tutorials on MTS are here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ation_Tutorials But, if those don't work for you (Like, some people like more words and some people like more pictures, for instance), then I'm sure there are plenty of object creation tutorials on the web, if you search for them. Good luck.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 9:51 PM
You'd "just" need to create a new object. All new objects start as a clone of an existing one, either a Maxis object or a custom one, in order to make a copy of its existing information/programming, and then you fiddle with it from there, to make the object be and do whatever you want. I'm not an object creator, myself, but in this case I believe the basic process would be to extract the mesh of the computer you want to apply Monique's hacking to, then clone Monique's computer and replace its mesh with the extracted one. It'd be a little easier since you wouldn't have to make the new mesh yourself.

Object creation tutorials on MTS are here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ation_Tutorials But, if those don't work for you (Like, some people like more words and some people like more pictures, for instance), then I'm sure there are plenty of object creation tutorials on the web, if you search for them. Good luck.

Ooops, silly me Thank you for explanation, i'm not a creator so i forgot that all cc is cloned from something...but other than that i wouldn't know where to start if it wasn't for you :lovestruc So i saved your words and will guide by them
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 10:38 PM
Do you mean you want to apply the hacked functions of Monique's computer to all computers globally rather than just have them available on Monique's computer? That would be nice to have, but I'm not sure that can be done; I tend to think it probably would have been done already, if it could be done.

I mostly agree with this here. Globally adding functions to a class of objects has been done before. But in those cases it usually involved just one or two simple functions. All the extras that have been added to the different versions of Monique's Computers, are in quite a different class of complexity.

So, in essence, we're not saying it can't be done. It may just be extremely complicated. Some people may have already tried, and have given up, because it was too much work for too little gain.
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 10:52 PM
Yeah, I can imagine that globally adding a bunch of functions to a class of objects would be a real PITA. That's kind of why I'm figuring no one's done it, if it CAN be done.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it....What might be far easier would be an invisible recolor of Monique's computer that you could stick "under" any other computer, so that it looks like the "regular" computer is being used when it's really the invisible Monique one that's being used. Kind of like how there's an invisible recolor of the AL medicine cabinet that you place "behind" other mirrors to "add" tooth-brushing and face-washing and such to regular mirrors. You'd just have to make sure the Monique computer would be the clicked one...and I suppose there'd still be a problem with the invisible Monique computer breaking and not the regular one, but... Hmmmm, I'm out of town and away from my Simming computer until at least this coming Friday, but I might fiddle with this when I get home, see if it'll work like I want....

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 12:31 AM
Now that ^ is a great idea! I have some very cute laptops in my old game that I stopped using because everyone had Monique's lap top and I kept wishing I could use the others as they had cute patterned tops to them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 12:43 AM
Yeah, now I'm kind of wishing I was home and could fiddle with it! But I guess it's something to look forward to. Of course, not everything successfully "invisible-izes," but hopefully this will. We'll see. If I'm successful, I'll share it, either here or on my Tumblr.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 1:20 AM
If that didn't work some cute recolours of Monique's laptop would be welcome too. Not that I am requesting. >cough<

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 1:39 AM
If you happen to have a link to those old cute laptops you have (or can send me the files), it might be possible to transfer the patterns to the Monique one... You know, hypothetically, since it wasn't a request.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 1:48 AM
Somehow Google opened this page http://keoni-sims.livejournal.com/8274.html amazing what technology can do.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 1:53 AM
Wow, totally amazing! Magic internet!

(So yeah, either way, I'll do something. Won't be until next weekend at the earliest, though...)