Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:40 AM
Having trouble texturing
Hi, I'm currently working on mehsing, and I've created a lovely new mesh, however, there is a problem....I'm working with the TSR workshop-because it carries this lovely feature that auto generated sunshadows-but I have no idea how to 'properly' texture the mesh in TSR worksop!!!

I've textured it using uv mapper classic and adobe photoshop, and it works beautifully in the milkshape, but when I bring it into the workshop, its looks terrible........(see the picture below)

So could anyone please tell me how to properly texture(propery editing multipliers, speculars, masks, etc... )so it would fit a new object in TSR workshop????
Screenshots
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:43 PM
That looks like an UV mapping problem, not a texturing problem. Can you view your UV map in Workshop? (I never used it, but if you don't find it maybe another Workshop user can help) To me it seems like that didn't get imported or updated properly.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:54 PM
To expand on the mapping problem as plasticbox pointed out, I think the mask is incorrect to your current mapping. Looking at the Texture Overlay image in TSRW I can see what looks like the mushroom cap mapped to the top and bottom third of the texture, while the mushroom stem is mapped to the middle third. Your Mask however (the green/red one) is mapped with the red on the top third and the green on the bottom third.

This gives you two channels. So you will want to move the mesh parts that you want on channel 1(red) to be in that area on the map and move the mesh parts that you want on channel 2(green) to that area.