Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:36 AM
Arachnophobia tops my list...but only for small spiders, less than an inch or so...and never jumpers-the little furry ogres are quite beneficial and simply do not bite humans. Some are even quite beautiful, and most behave like cats when given a mirror-posturing, bluffing, ferocity then extreme terror when they call their own bluff.

Acrophobia, but then only in specific circumstances: heights below 500 feet or in near earth orbit. Weird, huh? Especially since I was a paratrooper.

Cephalopods. I don't know if there is evena specific "phobic" classification for that, but anything that can communicate with flashes of light and shades of color, has preternaturally flexible and dextrous appendages, a five lobed brain and can figure out a screw-top jar on its first go is definitely on my list.

And that one has been around since before I even knew who/what Cthulhu is....

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:47 AM
Three phobia's I can think of:

-The dark. I am still terrified of the dark. If I ever have to walk around when it's dark, even in my own house, I have to carry my Naruto plushie with me (he calms me down a bit)
-Certain types of stairs. It's only the stairs that don't have any back's to them, so you can see right down to the ground. For some reason they terrify me.
-Needles

We'll go after the Italian's first; they can't drive and are usually drunk! ~America (Hetalia: Axis Powers)

My DeviantArt
My blog
Field Researcher
#78 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
(9) Hospitals and their minions (doctors, nurses, sick people, dentists, etc).

BOO! I'ma firefighter paramedic.

On phobias side, burried alive. That was after I was half burried alive, and it was the scariest 20 minutes of my life.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Test Subject
#79 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 2:37 AM
Kinemortophobia - the fear of zombies
Also, I haven't found the name for it, but I am terrified of people at my door. If someone knocks or rings the bell I freak out and usually hide in another room.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:34 PM
Botanophobia - fear of plants.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:07 PM
I guess I dont really have hardcore phobias, but there are specific things that make me uncomfortable.

1. Swimming in the ocean, lake, or any non man made body of water: I have become a big discovery/National Geo junkie over the years and I've watched lots of "Under the Sea" Docs. With all those freaky creatures in the ocean, there is no possible way I am ever getting back into any natural bodies of water. I will stick to a pool where I can nuke the water with chlorine and other chemicals thank you very much.

2.Crawling/running/non flying Insects on me: I dont really have too much a problem with insects nor do I have a problem with disposing them when they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. My problem is when insects SOMEHOW manage to crawl on to me. The weird thing is if a fly or mosquito flies on me, it doesn't bother me. I can just swat them away. It's when things like spiders and other bugs that dont fly find their way on to me. I will FREAK out! It must be my luck too as this never happens to anyone else
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AbbyYukiko
Certain types of stairs. It's only the stairs that don't have any back's to them, so you can see right down to the ground. For some reason they terrify me.

Same, im scared there going to snap and il fall and die, or im going to fall through and die, if anyone has stairs like that i either crawl up slowly brickinhg it or refuse pointblank not going up lols <3
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:48 PM
Welp I have nyctophobia and insectophobia, fear of insects and the dark. When I was younger and I would see bugs, I would get hysterical. Not just "oh no a bug!!", I'm talking about screaming and crying. I used to get made fun of a lot because when I was outside and if a bug even flew near me or whatever I would cry. I've been afraid of the dark for as long as I can remember. Some people think it's childish since I'm fourteen and I fear these "childish things".

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imaeatyaface
Some people think it's childish since I'm fourteen and I fear these "childish things".

Nothing wrong with being childish. There's a difference between being childish and immature, and belittling someone because of their phobia, well, that's immature. My thoughts, anyway

I have a few almost-phobias - I say almost because I don't know if they really qualify as phobias. I don't know their sassy names either :<
1. The common fear of spiders. Not the huge hairy ones (I could cuddle with those) but all the others causes me to freeze, sweat, cry and panic. I've been forced to handle this somehow since I now live alone. Can't call daddy for help anymore..
2. Deep water where you can't see the bottom. Not because of the sea life (I'd love to cuddle with some sharks :3), but because the "your back's unprotected"-feeling :/
3. Ok, this might sound crazy, but I hate hate HATE visiting the neighbourhood I grew up in. Unfortunately my mom still lives there. Sooo many times I've made excuses why I can't visit her, because merely the thought of getting of the train in that place.. Ugh, it makes me feel sick! And it's not a bad area or anything! It's quite idyllic.
4. Another common one: vomiting. You mention that your cousins dentist vomited ten years ago, I back away from you two meters and stop breathing. Probably staring accusingly at you as well.
5. A silly one - breathing in another persons fart, burp, cough or sneeze

I have skeletons in my closet and I hope they come out in time for Pride.
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 5:48 AM
Does anyone know if there is a name for being afraid of living through an apocolipic situation and not being prepared? Its like when you stockpile canned goods and bottled water "just in case" the world was about to end and you happen to be a survivor?
Theorist
#86 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:20 AM
My phobia is being retarded. Every day I wake up terrified.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 7:25 PM
Spiders.
Springtime. (Really. Yes, I know how that sounds.)
Interstellar Traveler
#88 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:05 AM
The Dark D:
Disembodied Voices/Noises
Home Invaders
Being Sick..

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:49 AM
Social phobia
Spiders
Wasps
Chewing on dry towels (it feels like the sound of fingernails scraping on a chalkboard)
Hypodermic needles
Teenage gangs
Death
The dark (like walking alone in the dark, or waking up at night and see strange shapes)
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:04 AM
The dark or anything that lurks there.. My boyfriend likes to tell me people are in the dark that are gonna eat me, so scary sometimes..
Sharks.
Death.
Being alone in a big house/building.
Flickering lights.
Those noises the windows make at night when the glass gets cold, kinda of like a crack. Any noise outside at night really.
Silence sometimes actually creeps me out.
Clowns.
Blood.
Live fish.. I love sushi and fish restaurants, but they just freak me out when they look at me..
Alchemist
#91 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:51 PM
okay, fellow arachnophobes, back me up on this one:
if someone is staring at a part of you intently, and they say, "don't move"...and start to lean in like theyre going to pick something off of you...

isnt a spider crawling on you the first thing you think of?
my mother recently gave me a heart attack over lint, because she didnt say it was lint.
Test Subject
#92 Old 11th May 2011 at 3:20 PM
I'm scared of the spiders. And... and other insects. And clowns. And bees. And butterflies. And the homework XD
Banned
#93 Old 11th May 2011 at 3:52 PM
When I was a child, I was afraid of metal grate flooring, weird noises and especially broken electronics' noise.
A couple of years back I got Silent Hill to play, and I had such a strange feeling like I've seen it before...
Alchemist
#94 Old 11th May 2011 at 6:36 PM
Flying and ticks. I hate, hate, hate, hate ticks.
Alchemist
#95 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:24 PM
I have a new phobia, Sinkholes

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#96 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:33 PM

^Hai guiz. <3

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Banned
#97 Old 13th May 2011 at 10:30 AM
Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention my peculiar (and socially unacceptable) phobia of... pregnant women. I can't go closer than ten meters. I just can't. Even if I know and like her.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:00 PM
It's a MONSTER!
Instructor
#99 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:12 PM
Thanatophobia - Fear of death and dying
Arachnephobia - Fear of spiders
Mottephobia - Fear of moths
Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns

I'm also scared of mimes, butterflies and low flying planes.
Test Subject
#100 Old 17th May 2011 at 4:48 PM
I've been around snakes, reptiles, and insects all my life, and I've even skydived, but the one thing that scares me crazy: Clowns.
Page 4 of 13