Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add Any Lot Size (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 6:44 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:24 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

607 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 276 Feedback Posts, 330 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 25
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 7:10 AM
Thanks a bunch Velocity! This,ll be really handy for making specialty community lots like gardens, etc.
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:52 PM Last edited by mauriemom : 14th Mar 2012 at 1:24 PM. Reason: To include acknowledgement of other posters
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@mauriemom: I have to admit I never used Inge's mod, precisely because having to predefine all lot sizes didn't seem very useful for the way I play the game (i.e. I rarely use the world editor and only to add specific lots from the bin or that I downloaded, so I don't know well in advance what size I'll need). Also, it appears that you cannot give each lot size a different icon. And to clarify the difference between Inge's mod and mine: With my mod, you can open the cheat console and add new lot sizes on the fly during the game session. As far as I know this is a feature of Awesomemod, but not Inge's mod. Thank you for the complete link to Inge's mod for those who want to take a look at hers.

@TickleOnTheTum: I've updated the post with a new package and some instructions for how to add your own icons. Let me know if something is unclear.

Thanks for clearing up the differences. I agree with Inge (and all the other posters) that this is an excellent option to adding lot sizes to your game. Thanks for your contribution!

[
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 1:05 AM
Easy to install and easier to use. Thank you so much for this, you are one of my all time favorite modders for a reason. I seriously appreciate you for this, thank you!
Instructor
#104 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:44 AM
Just thought I'd bring this up in case you didn't know, though I seem to be the only who having the problem judging by the comments. :c Bleh.

As soon as I installed this, I noticed a problem with adding lots. It's not just the new lot sizes I've tried adding (small lots), but EA lot sizes too. When I try to place a new lot and load it, it gets stuck on the loading screen with the new lot sizes and takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes to load EA lot sizes (even 10x10). When I remove the mod, it works as it should. I know it's installed right and I have the right patch and all of that. It's annoying.
I know the new lot sizes would probably take a while to load normally, but I left it sitting overnight and it still hadn't loaded.

I really like the idea of this though.
If I ever manage to get it to work right, it'll probably end up being one of my favorite/most used mods.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:49 PM
Thank you SO much!! I've been needing one of these!
Test Subject
#106 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 3:22 PM
You my sir, just saved my day!!!
Can u perhaps make it possible to make bigger lots than 64*64? :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 4:06 PM
Just a note to let you know this is one of the Top Ten mods I've downloaded. BIG kiss on the cheek!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 4:25 PM
Excellent, Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#109 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
Just thought I'd bring this up in case you didn't know, though I seem to be the only who having the problem judging by the comments. :c Bleh.

As soon as I installed this, I noticed a problem with adding lots. It's not just the new lot sizes I've tried adding (small lots), but EA lot sizes too. When I try to place a new lot and load it, it gets stuck on the loading screen with the new lot sizes and takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes to load EA lot sizes (even 10x10). When I remove the mod, it works as it should. I know it's installed right and I have the right patch and all of that. It's annoying.
I know the new lot sizes would probably take a while to load normally, but I left it sitting overnight and it still hadn't loaded.

I really like the idea of this though.
If I ever manage to get it to work right, it'll probably end up being one of my favorite/most used mods.

Velocitygrass updated the mod a few days ago to fix a loading issue, so, if you haven't already, perhaps re-download and see if that helps your problem.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:10 PM
This is awesome! But it looks like it could be dangerous to my game. As far as I remember, I only have one other script mod called the magic wand by KoliPoki. I don't think these two will conflict with each other. It's just that after downloading, I loaded my Active Household. It takes forever to load, the loading bar didn't move a single bit forward after over 10 minutes. (For me, this is normal. I have a lot of CC ) but before the bar even showed any further progress, my game crashed to the desktop. It did so after I tried to open the task manager using Ctrl-alt-delete so I could look at how much memory my game is using to run. I have always been afraid of Script and Core mods because I heard how fatal they can be for the game. I figured this one would be okay, it's my first one. But yeah, my game failed. Any help, please? But by the way, you are an awesome modder and I honor your work.
Inventor
Original Poster
#111 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 7:17 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: When I checked your example package, I almost figured you'd preferred to have them in correct order I'll check if the existing ones can (optionally) be removed on the weekend.

@StardustX: I don't have this issue, and I also don't know what could cause this. The new lot sizes are simply added to be available in the list, and this should happen immediately. The actual adding of the lots (i.e. placing them in the world) shouldn't be affected by it. And certainly shouldn't affect the existing lot sizes. This is very strange. The load issue that I fixed, as nonamena mentioned, was related to loading a different save game/starting a new world after the first world. Just to be clear: It's displaying of the lot icons with the different lot sizes that takes long? So they appear one every 5-15 minutes instead of immediately as they should when you switch to the add lot mode in the world editor? Or do you mean placing the lot after selecting it?

@niller1994: It was tried to add lots larger than 64x64 and the game crashed immediately, so I added the restriction in my mod as a precaution.

@Princess_Celestial: When did you download the mod? I did fix an issue that would cause a second load in a gaming session (i.e. after returning to the main menu) to load forever. So maybe download it again and see if it works.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 8:48 PM
@Velocitygrass I just downloaded it today on March 15 2012. I got the only file that was listed in the section. I figured that was the latest one.
Inventor
Original Poster
#113 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:12 PM
@Princess_Celestial: Then you should have the latest version with the fix. When I look into TickleOnTheTum's request over the weekend, I'll also see if other approaches to registering the cheat code might help those who have issues with the mod.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:30 PM
Thank you Velocitygrass. I will have to remove this mod for awhile to see if my game crashing to the desktop is it's fault. It might be something else.
Inventor
Original Poster
#115 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:48 PM
@Princess_Celestial: I understand. Let me know if it was an unrelated issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:19 AM
your making me want sims 3 now
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:29 AM
@Velocitygrass I think it was unrelated. I am so happy now, because when I got rid of your mod, I also decided to get rid of the magic wand I got and I decided to get into the, "out with the old, in with the new" thing, and I got rid of some old custom clothing I didn't use anymore. Now my game runs ten times faster! I bet it was an unrelated issue. I'll give your mod another chance and get back to you soon.
Test Subject
#118 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
It doesn't work for me. It says 'Unknown Comment'. Is there a possibility to fix this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:38 PM
This will be very useful. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:51 PM
I LOVE this mod soooo much I'm advertising it on my sim page "pc452000" and the Sims forums.. I can't thank VG enough for finally making a mod worthy of the highest praises.. I LOVE this File, Finally Starlight shores can have those weird Live venues put in w/o having 10 tiles BLANK..
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:17 AM
Default Thanks!
This is Perfect!!! Thanks So Much!!! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#122 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:37 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: I've updated the mod with the new functionality (i.e. optionally removing default EA lot sizes). If you've already added all the lot icons, you'll probably want to keep that package and just update the script and the additional line in the xml. For the xml change simply add the line for clearing the existing lot sizes (see overview) to your xml resource. For the script change, you need to download the latest version of the mod and open the package. Click on the S3SA resource and then in the context menu "Export dll". Then open your old package and import the new dll you just exported into your old package. On the right pane with the resource info, it should then say velocitygrass_AddAnyLotSize, Version=1.0.3.0.

@ikkefikke: Do other package mods work for you? Try double-checking the steps in the install instructions linked under that tab.
Inventor
Original Poster
#123 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 7:14 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: I'm glad it worked
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 9:40 PM
can you use this in the already made worlds I am about to download it and would like to know could you pm me if it is please and thank you....
Inventor
Original Poster
#125 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:51 PM
@silverio1975: It can be used in existing or new savegames, for EA worlds or user made ones. I hope this answers your question.
Page 5 of 25