Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:36 AM
Default Successful install and no stuff
Hello I am in need of some major help I have the latest version of clean install and used to install custom content for my game. First the game said some objects could possibly conflict but if I want to run custom content click enable and restart. It said install for my objects, homes, clothes were successful but I saw none of my things in the game. I have done this twice I do not know what's wrong?
I have windows 7 and plenty of ram. I also but all my downloads in this pathway as directed:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Jul 2013 at 7:10 PM.
I suggest that you start with the two main CC FAQs:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:DFFI
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU

If you follow those two FAQs and you continue to have problems, check that you have the right path. Your Downloads folder should be in the same location as your Neighborhoods folder, along with the rest of your save game.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:33 AM
I an having the same problem. I updated to the latest version, updated the Microsoft.Net framework as directed. Uninstalled previous version. But not lots show up in the game. I never had a Teleport folder or Downloads Folder in the Sims2 folder before either. How do I get the lots in the Game!
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:49 AM
When you tell the Clean Installer to install a lot, it will tell you the default location where it intends to install. Could you please check that the full path is correct, or show us the path?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
When you tell the Clean Installer to install a lot, it will tell you the default location where it intends to install. Could you please check that the full path is correct, or show us the path?

This is what I copied from the install window. C:\Users\Paula\Documents\EA Games\\Teleport\ Would there be something after the Teleport/ ? I think though that it installs in EAgames file. For instance, Documents>EAgames>Teleport. Also in this file is Download and Sims2. The Download file here holds the extra content like walls etc. These were never in the EAgames before just Sims2. In my Sims2 file of course is all the other stuff like Downloads, neighborhoods, lot catalog etc. I updated the Microsoft.Net Framework to the latest which is 4.5. Would that have anything to do with the problem?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 10:21 PM
There should be 'The Sims 2' after EA Games, not EA Games then Teleport. Unless collections or packs changes that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#7 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 10:25 PM
That's right. It sounds like the registry is not giving the Clean Installer the correct information. I've seen several of these problems recently, but still don't know why it's occurring.

To fix this problem permanently, you can modify the S2PCI.ini file and specify the default save game location. Double click on S2PCI.ini in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer folder to bring up the ini file in Notepad.

Add your default save game location between the quote marks in the line:
SaveGamePath=""

For example:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\Paula\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"

Save and exit Notepad. Now, the Clean Installer should use that path as your default save game location.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's right. It sounds like the registry is not giving the Clean Installer the correct information. I've seen several of these problems recently, but still don't know why it's occurring.

To fix this problem permanently, you can modify the S2PCI.ini file and specify the default save game location. Double click on S2PCI.ini in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer folder to bring up the ini file in Notepad.

Add your default save game location between the quote marks in the line:
SaveGamePath=""

For example:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\Paula\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"

Save and exit Notepad. Now, the Clean Installer should use that path as your default save game location.

I did this but when I click save or even just close I get the message "Cannot create the "C:\Program Files\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\S2PCI.ini file. Make sure the path and file name is correct.
Site Helper
#9 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:51 PM
That's probably your operating system being nasty. Vista? Windows 7? Someone with UAC should be able to tell you how to override it.

My only suggestion is that you avoid installing anything in C:\Program Files, if you have an operating system which refuses to allow you access to that folder.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 12:34 AM
Ok. Yes I have Vista. What puzzles me is that it worked before. I wonder if I should do a system restore to the day before I updated Clean Installer which was November 23.
Site Helper
#11 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 1:49 AM
We've seen this problem several times in the last week or so. I have no idea why it's occurring. If you find that it goes away with an earlier version of the Clean Installer, please let me know. That may give me a clue about where the problem lies.

If no one here can answer how to disable UAC temporarily, you might want to ask in the computer forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=563
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:35 AM
Try running as administrator. Right click the CI icon and choose Run as..Administrator.

If that works you can sit it to run as admin all the time by right clicking / properties / compatibility and tick the run as admin box.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 7:49 PM
I did a system restore which didn't help. Also went back to an older version that didn't work either. I don't know exactly how to "run as administrator" after I click on the rar file it opens in that window showing a package and then there is no option to "run as administrator" . If I right click CI first I can't find the file. Unless I should move the file to the desk top?

What I did do is when I came to the last install window; I unclicked default, went browse instead of teleport, in browse I went to EAgames>Sims2>Lot Catalog; I then installed just the lot package there. I then did the same thing with the rest of the files and installed them in Downloads. Kind of a monkey business but it worked for now. I will investigate further though in the forum as soon as I have time.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 8:33 PM
Ha! It didn't work after all when I ran the game. The lots are in the lot catalog but not in the game! In the catalog subfolder they show up as numbers and letters not as cx-000000 etc. Guess i have to remove.
Site Helper
#15 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 11:47 PM
My suggestion is to make the change to the S2PCI.ini file and then use the default installation location.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 8:34 PM
Well as I said I tried that and it wouldn't accept that.

If I disable the UAC; what do I do next?
Site Helper
#17 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 28th Nov 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Are you still getting an error when you try to save the S2PCI.ini file after disabling UAC?

After making the change, you should be able to see the correct save game location in the Clean installer.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 7:00 PM
Yes I am I was able to change theS2PCI.ini and save it but the Cleaner still gives Teleport as install location. If I disable the default it will install it in the lot catalog but it shows up as numbers and letters not the correct cx-etc. just like before. Discouraging. Maybe I will give up for now.
Site Helper
#19 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 8:57 PM
The Clean Installer is correct. C:\Users\Paula\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport is the correct installation location. Is that what's showing up in the Clean Installer? If so, why are you changing it?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:36 PM
I didn't know that was correct,I couldn't remember what it said when it was working; but the lot doesn't show up in the game so I thought that was wrong. It also creates a Teleport and Download folder in EA Games. There is a folder in Sims2 called Teleport where everything gets installed but does not show up in the game.
Site Helper
#21 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:08 PM
So, you install to the default location and you can see new files being added to your Teleport folder, but those files are not processed by the game and moved to the LotCatalog folder when you run the game? Instead, the files just remain in the C:\Users\Paula\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport folder forever?

Can you confirm that your neighborhoods are in C:\Users\Paula\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods? I just want to make sure that we have the correct folder.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 11:53 PM
Yes to both questions. Do you think installing Microsoft Service Pack2 for Office 2010 could cause this problem. That is the only thing that has been installed in the past month along with a few more Windows updates. Also I did make a complete copy of my Sims2 file in November. If that could be of any help; and I make copies of my Download and Neighborhood files regularly or at least I try to make them monthly.
Thank you for being so patient with me and this problem
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 12:54 AM
I found this link on Burnt Toast while I was looking for something else. It worked but but I don't know how to install the rest of the content in the package. http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...me_Help:GCCTSU9
Site Helper
#24 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 2:45 AM
That's a portion of the original article that I linked (way back in post #2). It's definitely worth following those two FAQs to make sure that you've done everything.

At this point I'm stumped. Can you tell me how many files you have in your LotCatalog folder?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:18 PM
I have 32 lots in the lot catalog about 15 ate lots that are in the game, the rest downloaded.
I did find that the rest of the package installed even though I followed that link instruction and only installed the lot. At least the furniture and wall etc, were in the house.

I will go back and explore the link in post #2. I did wonder if that may have been related. However at least I can install it with the Clean Installer. I will continue to explore things and if I find something new I will post back to you. Thanks
Page 1 of 2