Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 1:02 PM
Default Alan Rickman dies age 69
Why are we losing so many fantastic people

Rest in Peace Alan Rickman, and thank you for making my childhood awesome.

Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:48 PM
Wow, that's so sad. It's so heartbreaking that, for all our advancements and technology, a cure still eludes us.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:07 PM
It's so sad. He was a brilliant actor who always did a great job with his roles - partilcularly in Harry Potter, but also in comedy and other areas. He'll be sorely missed.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 5:29 PM
Kids at school used to make fun of me for having an "old man crush" on him. He was just so fucking brilliant. Fuck.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Inventor
#5 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 5:59 PM
First David Bowie, now Alan Rickman? This whole issue with cancer is really getting out of hand! Can we just invent cancer-cell-eating nanomachines already?

I never really got around to watching the Harry Potter movies, but that's okay. He'll always be Hans Gruber, the Metatron, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Alexander Dane (and therefore, Doctor Lazarus) to me.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:26 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyy??????????????? He was a good actor and I will always remember him for Harry Potter!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:40 PM
He'll always be Colonel Brandon to me. I loved his voice - it always melted my innards. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:46 PM
I remember him best from Dogma and Harry Potter. He really had something that translated to HOT. Someone here made a Sims 2 version of him that was stunning. Maybe it's time to put him in my game.

Bye bye, AR and thanks for your work!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:28 PM
Celine Dion's husband, Rene Angelil has passed away this morning, also from cancer.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Theorist
#10 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:33 PM
Is it horrible that I don't really care? I used to love his portrayal of Snape. But when I read the news of his death, I tend to think "everyone dies eventually" instead of feeling sad.

Of course, if I knew him personally I'd feel real sad, we always feel bad when someone we love or like dies. But I never really knew him, so...
dodgy builder
#11 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:40 PM
It's sad really. I just read earlier today that he also played Gruber in the Die Hard movie from the high rise. I didn't quite get that, good costume and makeup I guess.
Theorist
#12 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Is it horrible that I don't really care? I used to love his portrayal of Snape. But when I read the news of his death, I tend to think "everyone dies eventually" instead of feeling sad.

Of course, if I knew him personally I'd feel real sad, we always feel bad when someone we love or like dies. But I never really knew him, so...

Probably a lot of people feel sad because they feel like they got to know him, through his work.

I have personally only seen one Harry Potter so I don't feel like I got to know him through his work so much (though I do remember him in Die Hard when I was a little kid). I just always feel sad when I hear of people dying of cancer or any medical condition because I have medical phobia and carcinophobia. I think holy crap, that poor person had to go through that kind of unimaginable horror. I have several relatives that also died of cancer (an uncle just a month ago, a grandma, and grandpa), a cousin survived cancer, my dad had it, but didn't die of it, and my uncle is currently battling it. It's really, truly, extremely horrible, emotionally, mentally, and physically. Horror movies and creepypastas, that shit isn't scary, cancer is a true horror. I'm already terrified myself, because, well, genetics.

I feel like I should donate some $$$ to the cause. Need to figure out which organization is best.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#13 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
[posted a pic of Alan Rickman in Dogma]

Yep...that's him as the Metatron, all right! "Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears right about now." :lovestruc
Banned
#14 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:46 PM
"Hello, it's me, Alan Rickman. Remember that turtle joke for the party. He he he."
-Family Guy
RIP, I guess.
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 11:02 PM
rip Alan We already lost lemmy
Scholar
#16 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 10:32 AM
Sir Terry Wogan now

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.