Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:27 PM
Linking recolors to unused meshes
I'd like to add recolors to a hair mesh I found in the sims03.package file. The hair mesh is amhairfuzzylongCP. I'm aware someone else used that mesh but edited it a bit but I just want to use that mesh the way it is.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 11:24 PM
Is it complete with all the required resources (GMND etc), or just a half-finished GMDC?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Is it complete with all the required resources (GMND etc), or just a half-finished GMDC?

I believe it is only the 3D GMDC. I haven't seen and GMND and idk where to look for it. I have actually seen that the hair was in the game in a beta screenshot of bodyshop.

EDIT: The hair also has one alpha and the rest is just normal and has a mesh for teen as well.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 2:29 PM
That's a basegame mesh and all four parts do exist as well as a corresponding teen mesh. The GMNDs are in Sims04.package, SHPEs are in Sims05.package and CRESs are in Sims06.package (Basegame's Sims3D folder). It's only the CRES and SHPEs you need to link a hair to it. You are right in that the mesh is unused so you'll need to make a hair recolour using a compatible (one that uses the same two parts) mesh then manually change the mesh it uses, then make another recolour from that one to 'tweak' the textures to suit the mesh.

If you look in the Sims02.package there is already a set of textures (TXMTs) defined for it which use the female textures (ufhairfuzzylongcp)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
That's a basegame mesh and all four parts do exist as well as a corresponding teen mesh. The GMNDs are in Sims04.package, SHPEs are in Sims05.package and CRESs are in Sims06.package (Basegame's Sims3D folder). It's only the CRES and SHPEs you need to link a hair to it. You are right in that the mesh is unused so you'll need to make a hair recolour using a compatible (one that uses the same two parts) mesh then manually change the mesh it uses, then make another recolour from that one to 'tweak' the textures to suit the mesh.

If you look in the Sims02.package there is already a set of textures (TXMTs) defined for it which use the female textures (ufhairfuzzylongcp)

Ok, so how would I manually link it? Is there a tutorial that's not outdated somewhere? Also, how would I use the TXMT's in the sims02.pkg?

Thanks again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
Ok, so how would I manually link it? Is there a tutorial that's not outdated somewhere? Also, how would I use the TXMT's in the sims02.pkg?

Thanks again!

Still waiting for a response...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:31 PM
It should be the same as in pretty much any meshing tutorial you've used, but here's one: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...to_the_Recolour
(Note that you do need to have fished out the mesh resources and imported them into a new .package file first)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.