Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2016 at 3:18 AM
Default Time stopper?
I used to have some sort of hacked object that allowed you to pause time passage without pausing the game. This was invaluable to doing photoshoots because one of my subjects won't be summoned to work/school right in the middle. Any idea where I can find this?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2016 at 3:21 AM
Probably the freezer clock http://modthesims.info/d/303295

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2016 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Probably the freezer clock http://modthesims.info/d/303295

Aha! That's the one! I searched for "clock" but I must have overlooked it. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2016 at 2:08 PM
The "sethour [0-23]" cheat is also a great help for photoshoots, along with the pause button. Always pause your game when taking a picture, or else the sims might get other ideas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2016 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The "sethour [0-23]" cheat is also a great help for photoshoots, along with the pause button. Always pause your game when taking a picture, or else the sims might get other ideas.

I guess I didn't know about that cheat! (and I've been playing the sims 2 for...over a decade).I tend to pause the game for stuff like screenshots but I have a thing about having to have a photo of every family taken by another sim with the camera, so sometimes it's necessary to keep at least some of them moving, without worrying about time passage.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2016 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Always pause your game when taking a picture, or else the sims might get other ideas.

I thought it would be enough to turn free will off, but nooo they have to close their eyes and stretch at just the wrong moment lol. So, someone of my latest uploads just have the sim with his eyes closed; noone needs to see his eyes. XD
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2016 at 11:01 AM
Exactly. Even with free will off, a sim can totally ruin a picture.

By the way, the freezer clock does not work for infants as-is, but you can easily set it to work for them in SimPE in the "pie menu" resource with all the tick boxes. It even works with pets if the pet is controllable (the pet cheat). Be aware that if there are kids on the lot, you should always have an adult non-affected by the freezer clock, or the social worker might figure out she needs to take a visit to the lot (I had that happen once). I'm not sure what can happen if you freeze all the sims, but it's probably not a good idea to do so.