Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 11:22 PM
Default Can't change toddler eye colors? Icons are also missing
I can't seem to change toddlers eye colors, the color option panels to change it is not above the eye shape presets. Also when I go into game my sims pictures will not load on the bar on the bottom and when I try to get any type of food or drink (for all aged sims) there is no picture icon next to the names of the items. I do use mods and have updated the only script ones I use (UI cheats & MC Command).
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celinxa
I can't seem to change toddlers eye colors, the color option panels to change it is not above the eye shape presets. Also when I go into game my sims pictures will not load on the bar on the bottom and when I try to get any type of food or drink (for all aged sims) there is no picture icon next to the names of the items. I do use mods and have updated the only script ones I use (UI cheats & MC Command).
inability to change eye color is caused by broken default replacement eyes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:23 AM
I see, thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:57 AM
Hey so for those people having problem with the eyes since toddler patch.
Download the newest Sims 4 Studio, open it then click at my projects open the eye replacer, go to the categories tab click on it and there you will see age and gender flags, tick the toddler box and then a message appear "This CAS item was made for an older version......" just click yes and after that apply to all swatches (same message box from before will appear) and you're done eyes will work again

tl:dr tick the box for toddler in Sims 4 studio
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
Download the newest Sims 4 Studio, open it then click at my projects open the eye replacer, go to the categories tab click on it and there you will see age and gender flags, tick the toddler box and then a message appear "This CAS item was made for an older version......" just click yes and after that apply to all swatches (same message box from before will appear) and you're done eyes will work again

As someone who doesn't use the Studio, aside from the occasional batch fix, I still have to say we're probably missing a few steps, here... Open the eye replacer after clicking My Projects?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jpage1982
As someone who doesn't use the Studio, aside from the occasional batch fix, I still have to say we're probably missing a few steps, here... Open the eye replacer after clicking My Projects?

Well you open the studio click on my projects and after that first of all you need to find that eye replacer package you're using, I don't know where your eye replacer package file is located but most of the time documents/electronic arts/thesims4/mods and that eye replacer file you need to click on and open it that way
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92

thank you, you beautiful creature, you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 3:35 AM
Hi there. I am trying to follow Buddy92's advice above with the latest version of Sims 4 Studio (Harmony) downloaded today but can not for the life of me work out how to view the 'Warehouse' tab. (see pic below of what I am able to view). I am trying to add toddlers to "Helianthea_SBCE-default-replacements eyes" found on this site. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Screenshots
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by verityjones
Hi there. I am trying to follow Buddy92's advice above with the latest version of Sims 4 Studio (Harmony) downloaded today but can not for the life of me work out how to view the 'Warehouse' tab. (see pic below of what I am able to view). I am trying to add toddlers to "Helianthea_SBCE-default-replacements eyes" found on this site. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Do they not work for toddlers? That's just a texture replacement and shouldn't need updating.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Do they not work for toddlers? That's just a texture replacement and shouldn't need updating.

Nope, with old default replacements, Toddler eyes all appear brown (or so I have heard others saying) because toddlers don't have permission to use them. But I have now learnt that the file just needs to be opened with S4S or S4PE and the box for toddlers needs to be ticked for each CAS part and then they will work.

I was shown how by Pentabet on this page: http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost

Unfortunately the default eye package I wanted to edit (Heliantheas Super Bland Comic Eyes) doesn't open properly in the latest S4S (on my computer anyway) but I have made a new default set (using S4S) and cut and pasted her textures in.
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by verityjones
Nope, with old default replacements, Toddler eyes all appear brown (or so I have heard others saying) because toddlers don't have permission to use them. But I have now learnt that the file just needs to be opened with S4S or S4PE and the box for toddlers needs to be ticked for each CAS part and then they will work.

I was shown how by Pentabet on this page: http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost

Unfortunately the default eye package I wanted to edit (Heliantheas Super Bland Comic Eyes) doesn't open properly in the latest S4S (on my computer anyway) but I have made a new default set (using S4S) and cut and pasted her textures in.

Hmm. The default eyes I use look just like that in S4S and needed no update for toddlers. The creator said they were only a texture replacement and that was why. Sure enough, they worked just fine when I tried them after patching.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Hmm. The default eyes I use look just like that in S4S and needed no update for toddlers. The creator said they were only a texture replacement and that was why. Sure enough, they worked just fine when I tried them after patching.

Oh, interesting. You probably know a lot more about this than me. All I know is that with the defaults I used, the "toddler" box was not ticked. Then I read other people's posts about their toddlers only having brown eyes... and my only toddler had brown eyes at that time. It is entirely possible that I edited the mod unnecessarily.... which would be hilarious considering the time it took.... but was worth it for my own customization purposes