Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 8:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Island Paradise Help?
So, recently I've reinstalled all my Sims games again - first i installed a few of the expansion packs til Diesel stuff and then i installed the other packs until the last one.

Now my game keeps freezing for a short amount of time over and over. I did a little research about it and apparently it's caused by the Island Paradise game, I've also read that it's caused if you're using the Islo Paradiso world but i'm not using that world and i'm using a custom one. Could the reason for the glitch still be the Island Paradise pack? What can i do about it?

Also, i'm pretty sure it's not due to my laptop - my laptop is relatively new.

EDIT: This is the custom world i'm using , it does have some lots that are related to Island Paradise - but it's not the actual world so there is no "Scott Family" for me to remove.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:02 PM
I've played Alpine County and it didn't seem particularly laggy to me. I suspect you may either have a CC conflict somewhere or there's a routing error that escaped my notice when I played it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
I've played Alpine County and it didn't seem particularly laggy to me. I suspect you may either have a CC conflict somewhere or there's a routing error that escaped my notice when I played it.

I just moved from there to St. Claire (another world on that site), it seems to work fine as the town has nothing to do with Island Paradise.

Right now i don't see how i can fix it, so i'm just avoiding everything Island Paradise related!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:40 PM
St. Claire is -gorgeous- but too complex for my machine to run well. If lack of horsepower is your problem you'll definitely find out in St. Claire. XD
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:39 AM
We've had many players come to us over the years having issues with Alpine County. I doubt that the problem is strictly IP content related. The world looks wonderfully made, but it's vastly huge and will not run on even many top of the line systems well. I don't think mine could manage it at all. Some players got it to work better by bulldozing over half of the world, but then it just didn't seem to be the same world to them so they moved on.

It even says this on its description page:
"The world is HUGE and unfortunately will only really be playable on high end computers, although it may work on less powerful ones with the graphics turned down."
Alchemist
#7 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:09 AM Last edited by varpunen : 29th Mar 2017 at 4:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
We've had many players come to us over the years having issues with Alpine County. I doubt that the problem is strictly IP content related. The world looks wonderfully made, but it's vastly huge and will not run on even many top of the line systems well. I don't think mine could manage it at all. Some players got it to work better by bulldozing over half of the world, but then it just didn't seem to be the same world to them so they moved on.

It even says this on its description page:
"The world is HUGE and unfortunately will only really be playable on high end computers, although it may work on less powerful ones with the graphics turned down."

This is true. I have tried playing in Alpine County (before Island Paradise was released) and it was so incredibly laggy that I had to uninstal it. And it's not just low end computers; I have more to the higher end desktop computer and I still wasn't able to play. I've never had any issues with other large towns.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It isn't just IP world, the IP exp introduces "water travel" in every world. NRAAS Go Here mod can resolve this.

There is that, yes. But Alpine's issues for many of its users are not limited to unwanted or forced but impossible water travel. The world has something like 12,000 lots on it (slight exaggeration). It must have been a masterpiece to produce but for so many who have tried it and reported in, it just doesn't function for them for very long.

It's only the version of GoHere (v44) currently in beta testing that allows the shutdown of boat travel, by the way. The option exists in v43, but it doesn't work.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Testing
(this link won't be right when v44 does eventually move up to its full release)