Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixes for missing pregnant morphs - nude and jeans - update 8/9/10

by CmarNYC Posted 19th Sep 2009 at 9:22 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2014 at 8:03 AM by CmarNYC : new version

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 151 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
#101 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:32 PM
This mod has stopped working for me. I used to have 2 two nude clothing sets one would change with pregnancy and one would not. Now I have only the one that wont. Is there an updated set somewhere? or can someone tell me how to turn it back on?
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#102 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:52 AM
Cheers my dears. Saw this and snaffled it, then went and made my favourite female sim pregnant once again. Not me personally, I got her sim husband to do the honours. Works a treat, a big pregnant belly in all costumes, and, indeed, the lack of. The only trouble is, what am I supposed to do with this newborn. Most certainly, you have to take some resposibility for this new sim coming into existence. At the very least, I will have to name the child after you. Thanks for the mod. Great stuff.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#103 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qelgetlh
This mod has stopped working for me. I used to have 2 two nude clothing sets one would change with pregnancy and one would not. Now I have only the one that wont. Is there an updated set somewhere? or can someone tell me how to turn it back on?

Are you using a custom nude clothing mod? If so, that's probably conflicting with this mod.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 4:39 PM
for those using Base1980's nude top replacement.

Um, in my testing it was not so clear, maybe you know more:
Does his/her top have a nude pregnant mesh? Nipple-less sims are creepy xD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#105 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:43 PM
Base1980's nipple top does have a pregnant morph, and it matches my nude bottom pregnant morph. So use only the nude bottom morph from here (and the jeans if you want them), along with his top.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:40 AM
Thank you for clearing that =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 4:53 PM
dank je wel
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 2:43 AM
I used this mod a year or so ago, but I quit playing Sims because my computer wasn't good enough to handle it. Now I have a new computer which is awesome, but when I have this mod in, it freezes up and crashes the game. Does this mod not work with Awesome mod or is it not compatible with pets and/or nightlife expansions? I tested my other pregnancy mod by putting them in one at a time, so I really think it's this mod (which sucks because I loved this mod). Could it be something else?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#109 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 6:12 AM
I have no reason to think this doesn't work with any expansion, and no one has reported it not working with AwesomeMod. No guarantees, but your problem is more likely to be caused by another mod or conflict of mods.
Test Subject
#110 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:44 AM
I think it's just AwesomeMod messing up right now because it still glitches. I read something on AwesomeMod about a "pets snafoo" so it may not be working completely with the pets expansion yet... Thank you for the response!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 8:13 PM
Is this mod is compatible with the master controller by Twallan?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#112 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by viri2626
Is this mod is compatible with the master controller by Twallan?

Yes it is.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:19 PM
Thx
Test Subject
#114 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 3:00 PM
Hi CmarNYC,
I have this download for a long time, but since showtime some issues appeared.
A top and pants from EA don't fit anymore when she's pregnant.
The top don't grows with the pregnancy.
Can you explane this?
Thanks....
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#115 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:10 PM
There are hundreds of tops and pants from EA - which ones? If they're some other EA clothes, the pregnant morphs weren't done correctly by EA. Do you mean the nude top or bottom or the jeans in this mod?
Test Subject
#116 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 7:19 PM
Hi CmarNYC.

You seem to be actively supporting this mod still. I did not see anyone above with a problem identical to mine. I am trying to use Base1980's mod and/or yours in various combinations to reach a certain result, but every way I try my sim remains a floating head with some feet below. Since he does not seem as active, I'm trying to ask you here instead. But before I go into further specifics, perhaps I should *checks posting rules* see if it is allowed to mention content that is SXS-specific - found no rule against it. In the comment section for Base's tf nude pregnant mod, user Melodie9 (is that also you?) says 20th Feb 2010, that her mod should fit with his. Later, on page 2, user Groosalugg describes a problem just like mine - that the tf pregnant sim becomes a floating head. He then posts that he fixed this by somehow copying Base's files from the mod into Melodie9's mod using s3pe.

With me so far? I only have the base game, today's current update, with no expansions. I've tried all the usual trouble-shooting by removing all other mods, deleting the cache-files every time, trying different combinations of yours and Base's mods, and at last, I tried Groosalugg's method. Still floating head. I can change her into a 1-piece bathing suit, but then she has a non-pregnant shape. All other clothes sets show empty space between neck and ankle. (Only using base-game clothing) Maybe... if I had the old version that was on SXS, under Melodie9's name, which is the one Groosalugg was talking about, that might work? It's quite difficult to troubleshoot based on comments that are several years old :-)

The mod you have on this page is for YA and A sims, (understandably), so if you feel this question does not belong here or that I should ask Base1980, I'll remove it. Just thought, since there seemed to be a connection between Base's work and yours, and since it seemed that Melodie9 might be you (apologies if not) that you might know what I could try.

thanks /W
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#117 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 11:02 PM
Glad to help, or try to! And I'm not Melodie - my name over on SSX is CmarNYC, just like here. Oh, and it's perfectly fine to discuss adult content as long as you don't use obscene words or post explicit pictures.

Do you have Whiterider's muscle fix for teens and elders installed? If so it will conflict with Base's and Melodie's nude meshes. Also any nude clothing except Snaitf's True Nudists may conflict.

If you install both Base's and Melodie's nude meshes they will conflict. Melodie's clothing set is actually here on MTS and still available, but it has the problem that they're accidentally flagged as expansion pack items for expansions that don't exist, so they don't show up as of Pets.

When using Base's mod, do you get nipples on the teen female top? If so, at least you know your game is using his top mesh. If not, it isn't.

My suggestion for the teen nude is to use Base's meshes without Whiterider's muscle fix or Melodie's clothing or any nude clothing except True Nudists. Near the end of the comments in Melodie's mod Benji229 posted instructions for fixing her packages, so if you're comfortable with S3PE you could try that for the non-nude stuff. Without that fix I'm not aware of any working maternity wear for female teens, but there may be some out there. Maybe I'll make some myself since I've done it for other ages/genders.
Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 6:12 PM
Thanks for the assistance so far.

I do not have the Whiterider mod you speak of (though I liked his NoCurfew). I had jonha's nude top and bottom, but i tried with them uninstalled and I got the same error.

I did not know that Melodie's mod was here. *search* Thanks. I found the profile and from there, the mod. The comment you mentioned might help.

And yes, on a non-pregnant tf I get the nipples. I... can't really tell if Base's nude bottom changes anything from the original basegame sim model, on a non-pregnant sim that is. The photos in his post on SXS didn't really give me an idea of what it should look like if the mod works.

I've never worked with S3PE until yesterday, but I'll try Benji's method now.

I'd like to understand a little more about how these things work. If you have the time? A sim has a mesh, a morph and a skin? The skin is just "paint" on the outside? The mesh is a 3d model? The morph is a conditional alteration of the mesh? No way did I guess that correct 3 out of 3 right?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#119 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 10:54 PM
LOL, you pretty much did get it all right.

The mesh is a 3D model consisting of vertices, or points with x, y, z coordinates (left/right, up/down, front/back), which make up triangles or faces which form the surface of the mesh. The vertices are assigned to bones or joints in a skeleton which allow them to move with animations. Each vertex is also assigned coordinates called the UV map which controls how a texture (the skin or clothing image that's painted on) should be mapped onto the mesh. That's a simplification of course, there's more information in most meshes.

The body morphs are conditional distortions of the base mesh, and in fact the information in them consists of displacements of the mesh vertices. They're applied fractionally - that is, a sim halfway along in pregnancy will have 50% of the pregnant morph applied; same with fat/fit/thin. BTW all the facial adjustments and the breast size are also morphs but most use a different mechanism - adjustments of the 'bones' or joints in the mesh skeleton.

And in the case of the sims themselves, there's a skin image that's painted on the surface of the mesh as you say, then the image of the clothing is painted on top of that, then things like tattoos and body hair, then various accessories like gloves, socks, etc. Clothing and accessory images have a layer that controls where it's transparent and lets the skin show through. In the case of the nude body, it's really just another clothing item except the shape is the nude body and the clothing texture is completely transparent.

If my explanation hasn't been TMI and you're ready for more, check out this tutorial on basic meshing by Wes Howe: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...D_Meshing_Index

Enough TLDR. I don't think Base's nude bottom has any differences from the default except the pregnant morph. Oh, and Whiterider is a she. Let me know what happens and whether you get Melodie's tf clothes working!
Test Subject
#120 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 11:32 PM
Allright then. Got that. Then... Base's mod was a mesh with a morph but no skin. It worked with the non-pregnant tf, but resulted in floating head at the onset of second trimester because... hm, nope, still can't figure it out. I wonder if it would function if I did the same edit in s3pe.

Doesn't matter now. Benji was right. It worked perfectly when I edited Melodie9's files. Problem solved. Wouldn't have found it without you. Thanks again.

Now I'm gonna try again, but see if it works with Base's nipples, Jonha's sliders and Navetsea's skin. By the way... since I don't seem to have wearied you with questions yet, if I install sliders, edit a sim in CAS using them, save, but then remove the same sliders from the package folder, does the sim keep or lose the alterations to the morph?

I might take this time to thank you for the getNaked mod too. How does it work exactly? Does it remove the clothes layer? Without sims realizing that they're naked?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#121 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 1:58 PM
Base's mod (yes, a base mesh with morphs) really SHOULD work with no alterations. If you have Melodie's nude pregnant body installed it will conflict, though. I honestly don't understand why Base's mod seemed not to work by itself for some people, but such is the mystery of Sims 3.

Glad you were able to hack the mod and get it working!

If you use sliders and then remove the slider packages, the shape changes will disappear. If you later replace the slider packages, they'll reappear.

Get Naked is a script that simply makes the sim change into their naked outfit without the spin or any of the usual checks for modesty, etc. Remember, naked is just another clothing outfit except for the shape and that the clothing texture is all transparent. It's always hard for people to get the concept that there's no separate clothing on top of the naked body.
Test Subject
#122 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:38 PM Last edited by consuela : 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:05 PM.
Sorry for my late reaction, but my internet hasn't worked for 2 weeks.
I will make a picture off the top and pants and send it to you.
I'll be back...;-)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Screenshot-3.rar (630.4 KB, 35 downloads)
File Type: rar  Screenshot-4.rar (496.2 KB, 19 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#123 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by consuela
Sorry for my late reaction, but my internet hasn't worked for 2 weeks.
I will make a picture off the top and pants and send it to you.
I'll be back...;-)

Glad your internet is working again! Can't live without it! :D

If that's the Western shirt from Pets, it's not enabled for maternity and doesn't have a pregnant morph. I don't know why it should be on your sim while she's pregnant, unless you used an override that enabled it for maternity without including the morph.
Test Subject
#124 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Glad your internet is working again! Can't live without it! :D

If that's the Western shirt from Pets, it's not enabled for maternity and doesn't have a pregnant morph. I don't know why it should be on your sim while she's pregnant, unless you used an override that enabled it for maternity without including the morph.

This shirt automaticly comes when she change into her pregnancyclothes.
Do you know how I can check if I have an override, or is that not possible?
But eitherway....thanks for you're reply.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#125 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by consuela
This shirt automaticly comes when she change into her pregnancyclothes.
Do you know how I can check if I have an override, or is that not possible?
But eitherway....thanks for you're reply.

If it's labelled you can just look at your mods packages. But it's also possible your game just somehow used that top when it shouldn't have, or maybe there's something glitchy about it. Has it shown up in more than one pregnancy and on more than one sim?
Page 5 of 8