Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:16 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 9th Apr 2011 at 4:03 PM.
Build/Buy mode question
Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around but didn't find an answer. Is it possible to recolor the structural objects, like beams, or even delete them? I've been trying around with several cheats (some of which I was already very familiar with from TS3), opened the buydebug bin and used "moveobjects on" and could grab the objects but not delete them or recolor them. Other objects like dor frmaes work though. For some reason the "BuildBuyEnabledForLot" and "builddebug on" cheat doesn't work for me.

Before anyone asks: yes, I have testing cheats enabled and debug enabler.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:19 AM
I am also wondering about the "BuildBuyEnabledForLot". When I put in that cheat it accepts it however I can't figure out how to get to the build mode since it is still unselectable.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:14 AM Last edited by garghuul : 14th Apr 2011 at 6:30 AM.
Shift-Leftclick with testingcheatsenabled=1 in your commands.ini should give you the "Teleport me here" and "Buy on this lot" options.

As for pillars and such, in TSM "Structural Objects" are really just furniture. Any actual build mode seems to have been removed. Why this was done, I'm not entirely sure; but were I to hazard a guess it was so players couldn't break quests (Which is the apparent focus of the game) by rennovating the buildings or changing the terrain. It makes things much easier on the quest makers if they know they can place an object or NPC in a given spot and not worry about the player not being able to get to it.
Having to account for the terrain changing would have added to development time required, which they were more than likely short on. So it becomes a matter of priorities and "What can we complete and make presentable?"
Being able to make quests reliable almost always, versus not being able to make quests reliable and including a build mode.
Of course that's just my wholly unprofessional opinion.

There is a good chance the first expansion for TSM will include (If not consist entirely of) being able to build custom locations.

A number of Statues cannot be recolored/customized either, if that's any consolation. I'm not sure why that is either.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:14 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 14th Apr 2011 at 6:51 AM.
I managed to have "buildBuyEnabledForLot" work but I'm not sure how anymore... oh, I think I accessed the lot through Kingdom mode by clicking "furnish" on the lot menu?

Quote: Originally posted by garghuul
Buyonthislot should be enabled by default if you shift-Leftclick on a blank spot of any lot with testingcheatsenabled=1
It was a seperate cheat flag in TS3 IIRC.

Bear in mind it will use the funds of the hero you currently have selected. And note that it has to be on a lot, be it public or belonging to a hero. (Or at least in my case it does)
It could be used to help re-decorate the front areas of the Churches, which you can't re-decorate for some reason.

But there's still some of things I'd like to know:

- "Builddebug on" seems to do nothing at all, does it?

- I can't place floor tiles outdoors (not with "builddebug" or "moveobjects"), is there any way?

- And if anybody knows, how do you delete objects you place with "buydebug"? Tried all of the previous cheats but couldn't figure this out either...

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:30 AM
The basic sledgehammer doesn't work?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:40 AM
Believe me, it's the first thing I tried!

I tried every combination of tool/cheat I could think of. I'm quite a... um... skilled builder in TS3 and I'm familiar with most of the tricks, so this feels like going back to square one. Of course I know that in TSM building is not enabled in the same way and it's not like I want to do great things, just customize the lots a little to my taste.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:52 AM
Some of the objects in buydebug wern't meant to be placed in the actual lot, they were there to be used as icons for the shops and personal inventories of heroes. Although placing them is possible, it can sometimes be very very bad to do so. I feel a bit old that icons being rendered in 3D seems... excessive.

Others might be quest-related objects which have a flag like the Preacher's Podium, so you can't sell them accidentally. Have you tried moving them into the "Family Inventory?" That won't delete them, but it will remove them from the lot... presuming you can actually do it.

Otherwise, you might have to just move the object somewhere you won't notice it as much. Maybe put a tree or sculpture in front of it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:59 AM
Actually I haven't really tried with that kind of objects, though I did place some useful plant spawners near the Spy Quarters, but I think those you could delete. I didn't try to place the icons and inventory stuff.

What I mean is the buydebug structural objects like beams and friezes, and the little houses like the ones that are attached to the city walls, things like that, which have no real function other than being decorative. I can place them but not delete them, and can't delete (or recolor) the ones that already exist on pre-made lots. I'll try with the family inventory, see if that works.

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by garghuul
Buyonthislot should be enabled by default if you shift-Leftclick on a blank spot of any lot with testingcheatsenabled=1

I tried this, it completely froze my game, even though I didn't place anything on the lot, I had to force quit...