Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:16 AM
Default Is there a failsafe in my game?!?!?
In another thread, I mentioned I was playing only one sim in a household of 6. It's a truly sadistic thing to do, but I wanted to see what would happen, and it was pretty funny. The only thing I did besides play the teen was make the child do her homework so she wouldn't get taken away by the social worker.

The infant went her entire infancy without a diaper change. As a toddler, she got changed twice and bathed twice, didn't learn to walk, talk, use the potty, and when she transitioned to child, her aspiration meter was at its lowest. I've never done this, wanted to see what would happen as time went on. Again, I decided to let her go autonomous except for keeping up with the homework enough to stay in the household - no striving for good grades, either.

She comes home from school on her very first day with a perfect report card! She goes from the preset C plus to an A plus just by going to her first day of school!

But wait, there's more!

I didn't make anyone clean up, either. I went into buy mode to remove food from counters to the floor so that the teen could continue to make platters that would rot away. On top of the fact that nobody was cleaning up autonomously, the dishwasher and trash compactor were broken. Grandpa, with 8 mechanical skill points and near max interest in tinkering, never went near them to fix them, either. I was getting all excited - I was going to get a death by flies with no cheats at any moment, for sure!

Then little miss child prodigy starts cleaning up. WHAT??? She loads up the dishwasher over and over until the kitchen's clean, and takes out the trash! How the heck did this happen??

I was having such a fun time watching everything crash and burn for this family, and now things start fixing themselves? Do not want!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 1:55 PM
Incredibly smart kid...she is plotting against you :P
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 2:37 PM
It may depend on how many logic and cleaning skills she has. Also how many neat/active points she has. My cleaner, more active sims will clean up by themselves and make their beds as soon as they wake up. My lazy sloppy sims do not and complain when I tell them to go clean.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 2:46 PM
Yeah, they do that. If you really wanna see a death by flies, it's much easier having just a single sim in the house and not allowing him to ever clean up. They seem to have some sense of collective self-preservation - if you have more sims in the house and leave even one of them to his own devices, he'll eventually enter self-preservation mode and save the others from chaos.

This is why I can never fully enjoy an Asylum. Because even if I make them all on CAS and give everyone one or zero points neat, at some point someone will start cleaning up, spraying the roaches, autonomously tinkering with broken stuff, mopping all the puddles, etc. No fun.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:19 AM
Yeah, but how did the dishwasher and trash compactor repair themselves? I know for certain that they were broken, and I know for certain nobody in the house fixed them. The kid went to school, came home, and then miracles happened! It's kind of spooooky. . .
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
That happened to me once~

I just wanted to see what happened if I flooded the house, so I used cheats to break the sinks and the shower. Most of the sims in that specific family are sloppy, so they just continue to use the shower and whatnot. Then the bathroom is almost completely flooded, and the sloppiest sim in the house just decides to clean up the puddles. I suppose it just kind of happens at some point where they decide to fix the problem. The strange part was that one of the other family members had a really high mechanical skill and wouldn't even bother to fix the shower.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:57 AM
Well, there's still more crazy stuff going on with the miracle child. She hasn't done her homework in three days, and still has an A plus in school. With only two creativity points, and darned near no music or dance actions, she has six Music and Dance hobby enthusiasm points. She has almost as many aspiration points as her teen sister, who's the one I've been playing since grandma and grandpa died and her aunt moved to college, and she's in platinum even though I haven't seen her do anything to fulfill any of her wants! I'm doing my darndest to see how a completely unfulfilled sim goes through life, and yet this one little girl is flouting my every effort! It's getting a little freaky. . .