Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 7:32 AM
Default Married a Uni NPC, but he's stuck in Uni mode...
I already looked in game help and I did a search on the site, though perhaps I'm not using the right keywords. Mods, please move if there's a better spot for this.

Either way, this problem is driving me nuts. I am doing the apocalypse challenge. I have a sim living in Strangetown who just married a Uni NPC ... only he has moved into Strangetown and it still says he is a freshman with no time on the clock instead of being an adult. His counter doesn't fill as the hours pass in the main neighborhood, either.

I have tried using the FFS lot debugger, but none of the options seem to apply to this. I tried using Pescado's college timer to zip him through the uni semesters artificially - nothing happened. I also tried using boolProp with "set to birthday" ... and that turned the sim into an elder. So apparently the game *thinks* he's an adult?

Anyone ever had this happen or know a way to fix it?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 7:52 AM
Are you using a mod like InTeen? In an unmodded game, it shouldn't be possible to marry a Uni Sim without first inviting them to move in so they age up to adult.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 8:16 AM
I am using InTeen! Is there a conflict with the whole mod, or with the flavor packs?
Inventor
#4 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:04 PM
I guess then you better go to the inTeen support forums (if they have them, since I am not using inTeen myself, I wouldn't know) and ask for help from the creators.
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:29 PM
Do you have Squinge's College mods? They allow YAs living in the non-Uni 'hoods without aging automatically and you have to use the special birthday cake to age them up.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 10:02 PM
@arathea: nope, I don't. My only other thought was that maybe it's because I manually created a bunch of Townies/Dormies for my hood via the Teleporter Shrub (I use blank templates, so I'd have no neighbors without doing this) ... I know that with Townies, it starts them at whatever age they were when you turned them into NPCs, so perhaps that is the problem.

I worked around it for now by making a random college student, moving in the NPC, and then promptly making him drop out. But that's so many extra load screens!
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 12:30 AM
I have one hood that I play where everyone marries a random person. I made a list of everyone in the town and then use a random number generator to "decide" who each person is going to marry. I use a hacked wedding arch to marry them. I think of it as a town full of people who do mail-order brides/grooms. It's really fun when you have a negative chemistry "match!" And I get interesting-looking kids out of the marriages, too.

Anyway, since I have a Uni attached to this town (for the express purpose of having more brides/grooms to "choose" from), sometimes a YA gets selected. When I marry them to their spouse with the hacked arch, it makes the pair married and the YA moves in, but they don't age up. So, I use InSim to set their age to adult. I have to use the "Set Age" function, though, not the "Grow Up" function because the YAs will indeed age to elder, not to adult, if you grow them up. For some reason when I do this, the former YA's aspiration changes to Family (But it doesn't change their LTW), so then I have to use InSim again to put it back to whatever it was, if it wasn't Family. But other than that I've had no issues or problems with doing this. And no load screens required.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 2:14 AM
I had one girl in my sims move in the llama mascot after she graduated, but didn't marry him. When he moved in he aged up automatically... I have inTeen installed but no College mods from Squinge. Maybe it's because he was married before you moved him in?

The only problem I have with mine is that he insists on wearing his llama outfit during every season bar winter when out and about; that and waltzing into every house in the neighbourhood occupied by toddlers or children... without knocking! If he at least rang the doorbell I'd be able to ignore him, but no - I've got to get someone to tell him to get lost! Maybe I should get someone into the Natural Scientist career and have him get eaten by the cowplant... giggles wickedly

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:00 AM
@iCad: Hrm... InSim doesn't work for Mac, does it?

@Selly: that is a thought. I don't remember what order I did it... though I think one of the times I tried "move in" first. I haven't had this problem in other neighborhoods even with inTeen, so I am thinking it's something to do with the fact that I made custom Dormies.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 2:26 PM
It's not the custom dormies, I have custom dormies in all hoods and it works fine. It's because you married him while he was still in uni, like mangaroo said up there. What Inteen does to make marriage possible in ages where the game doesn't allow it, is to trick the game into thinking the sims involved are adults. Since you used Inteen to marry that sim while he was still in uni (instead of moving him in, waiting for the transition and marrying him as an adult as the game demands), yeah, the game now thinks he's an adult.

Have you tried de-aging him to teen with agesimscheat or the Tombstone of L&D (not with Inteen, that will make the mess even bigger) and reaging him to adult?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 4:33 PM
Since this is an issue caused by a particular mod, I'm going to direct you to Simbology's forums for support.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: InTeen support at Simbology