Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 7:49 AM
Default crab bandit quest is glitchy
I just did the whole quest, and can't make the moustache wax. I googled it, and found a whole board at EA full of folks with the same problem. We didn't get the recipe from the inventor, but it thinks we did, so we can't make the wax. Just a warning, you might want to pick another quest.
Advertisement
Giblets for hire
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:14 AM
Did you check the 'Make Food' section at a fireplace/etc? because it's there rather than at a craft bench.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:12 PM
I clicked on the fireplace. Did make food, but the moustache wax doesn't come up. When I googled it I found the recipe is supposedly 1 leech, 1 eel, and 1 ink, so I bought those and then tried the fireplace again, but it still didn't work. I quit without saving after posting last night, (it was 1am and the watcher was sleepy and frustrated) I'll try it again this morning. I just thought it would be nice to warn people ( I'm a very KIND queen), so they knew what was happening if they couldn't make it, and they knew they weren't the only monarch having a problem.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:47 PM
I got stuck early on in the quest. I feel like I am somehow missing something obvious......Where is the Crab Cave?
I feel like I have looked everywhere for it in the kingdom.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:50 PM
Click on the fireplace and scroll down a little bit , ya can see the moustache wax recipe . If ya dont have enough ingredients , so go to village shoppe to get some .And that's way I pass this quest .
Crab cave is below a church , right beside a grave yard !
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EnblithTheFair
I got stuck early on in the quest. I feel like I am somehow missing something obvious......Where is the Crab Cave?
I feel like I have looked everywhere for it in the kingdom.

It's the cave next to the cemetery, when you click on the cave a prompt should come up to search for the crab.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
I clicked on the fireplace. Did make food, but the moustache wax doesn't come up. When I googled it I found the recipe is supposedly 1 leech, 1 eel, and 1 ink, so I bought those and then tried the fireplace again, but it still didn't work. I quit without saving after posting last night, (it was 1am and the watcher was sleepy and frustrated) I'll try it again this morning. I just thought it would be nice to warn people ( I'm a very KIND queen), so they knew what was happening if they couldn't make it, and they knew they weren't the only monarch having a problem.

It worked for me on a fireplace with a pot hanging from it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:14 AM
I finally completed this quest by following one step at a time and not quitting the game until the quest was finished. I clicked on the first bubble and completed all the steps there, then on to the second, etc. I used the above recipe for mustache wax (the crazy guy gave me the recipe but I couldn't find it to use in the game. It worked fine when I did it this way.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:13 AM
That quest works fine for me.