Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#51 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
Make sure your resource.cfg is actually called resource.cfg and not resource.cfg.txt (if you made it with notepad).

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Make sure your resource.cfg is actually called resource.cfg and not resource.cfg.txt (if you made it with notepad).

The Resource.cfg is alright. I didn't create it myself, just downloaded it.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:20 PM
I have a question. In the folder where I had extracted my rar files, I have two folders left, after moving all the package files. Says its a Game folder and a Mod folder. Do I place these two folders in with all the package files?
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:23 PM Last edited by hiasobi : 5th Jun 2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo
Default Hey
I'm new here (first post), but I just wanted to make sure that I have to use your version of 'resource.cfg'. Yesterday, I replaced your copy with the copy from MATY and the moment I tried to boot up Sims 3 with HP's new default replacement skins to see if they're working for me, the game crashes before the loading screen completes. I removed the packages and tried booting up again, and it booted just fine. Although this pretty much answers what I wanted to know, (I'm not sure if this will make sense) does it sum up to me having to choose between mods from MTS and MATY or is there another way to make it work?
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
Kazimo, you dont need to edit or open the Resource.cfg in any way. So long as you have downloaded it from here and place it in the right folder, you can ignore it.

Oh okay, then I'll try doing everything even though it's like that. I'll let you know if it still works.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
Default There Out to Get Me...
Greetings all of you Mod Gods & Goddesses out there. I come to you today with a nervous twitch. See, I like to refer to myself as a geek goddess also- but I do believe there is a glitch in the matrix. I've been trouble shooting since 11:00p.m. and I still can't seem to find out my error.

Like many others I have set all files in place correctly. As I'm sure you all are getting tired of those who haven't- But I'm aware that 'Reading is very fundamental'.

Anyhow,
1) I have no sub-folders.
2) My Resource.cfg, Mod folder & Package folder are all located at: Start\My Computer\C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. (as pictured below.)
3) I'm working on a XP Service Pack 2.

And yet, when I put all of the lovely creations HP recently made for the game, only the 'No Sleep Zzzz's' works.

I've tried trouble shooting and updating the compressorizer, I've even rechecked my FrameWork Files.

But for some reason, the freaking patterns and body defaults just won't work! Arrrrr! Please help before I go bald. Maybe your eye will see something that my four just won't.

EA's out to get me & they just don't want me to create anymore.

Thanks for your time & efforts,
AjÖya™

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:17 AM
Ajoya: You dont need the Mods\Files folder (at all). You can remove it. This will drop your number of Resource.cfg files down to 2 - One in Game\Bin (unmodified), and on in the root (with the custom lines in it). Double check that the Resource.cfg in root has the Mods/Packages/*.package line in it. If so, try it again.

hiasobi: If you are talking about the "Awesomemod" then it works fine with custom patterns and custom skintones. If it doesn't work, well, you did something wrong.

Field Researcher
#58 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:24 AM
Maybe it's from here. I've been downloading from here and there, and on such short amounts of sleep, I'm bound to get confused. In any case, no, no subfolders (already saw that you couldn't do that over at MATY, and I figured it probably couldn't be implemented yet, anyway).
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:44 AM
Kagome: I dunno what to tell you. Everything (custom patterns, custom skintones, no zzzs, etc) work fine on my PC, with it setup.

My only thought is if you have more than the 2 Resource.cfg files in your Sims 3 root folder.

Test Subject
#60 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:54 AM
Okay, so check it. I think there may be something funky with Winders Vista and Winders 7, assuming they're running in the 64 bit flavor.

I've installed your No zzz mod Delphy, and then the recent better skin textures mod. Your no zzz works, and the skins don't show up.

I've fiddled with the CAS, and got nothing.

I have only 2 resource.cfg files. One in root, the other in bin. I've dealt with some wacky Vista/7 issues similar to this with Mods for other games. I'm going to keep fiddling around, but I just want to bring attention to the fact that there's something different with Vista and 7, compared to XP.
Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:10 AM
I know this is going to sound terribly noobish, but it's a new game and I don't know what I'm doing.

So, this file is where we save our downloaded content to? Or am I mistaken in this?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#62 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:19 AM
onewithoutasoul, actually, I'm running on Vista myself and have absolutely zero issues. So the problem is not *generally* Vista. It may be something with 64bit vista though, but if the no zzz works then the others should work too. All they do is override the base game textures.

Twilight: You extract the downloaded content and put it in the Mods\Packages folder, yes.

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:24 AM
Ajoya: Double check that the Resource.cfg in root has the Mods/Packages/*.package line in it. If so, try it again.

Interesting...

After deleting the Mods\Files folder, like I was told, I Double check that the Resource.cfg in root had the Mods/Packages/*.package line in it. It does along with the Mod\File info that I previously deleted. Could that possibly be the monkey on my back? And if so, how would I go about modifying that configuration file to suit the new info?

I really hate poking Delphy- it is so out of my character but I really am grateful for your help and thoroughness.

And if there is no solution to it this time around, I'll blow it up and re-install. :cylon:

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:29 AM Last edited by hiasobi : 6th Jun 2009 at 2:29 AM. Reason: typo
hiasobi: If you are talking about the "Awesomemod" then it works fine with custom patterns and custom skintones. If it doesn't work, well, you did something wrong.
Jinkies! I was doing something wrong. I figured it out (found a sneaky stowaway .cfg). All is well now. I need to be more observant. Thanks.
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:35 AM
Twilight: You extract the downloaded content and put it in the Mods\Packages folder, yes.

Ok, I put that file into my root folder... but do I need to do anything else? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, it's just I'm confused ^^;;
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM
Someone over at MATY says that she has subfolders working; she says it's just a simple addition to the Resource.cfg file. I haven't tried it yet, but I know a lot of people want it, so I'm passing along the link: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...37734#msg437734

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Alchemist
#67 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:28 AM
Now, I am running 64-bit Vista (SP2) here, and have not had any problems with the game, or using Rick's mod method.
Test Subject
#68 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kfeekanne
I downloaded some custom content ("Increased Texture Detail & Shine" [MoreDetailedBodies-Female-FullyBarbie] by HystericalParoxysm) but it won't show up in the game.

I placed the packages at the correct location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages), the Resource.cfg is at it's correct location (..\The Sims 3), too.

I tried creating a new Sim, but it looks still normal. I changed skin-colour, age, cloths, ... but it's always the normal look.

Help plz.

Same problem here. >_<
Test Subject
#69 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:32 AM
So it works. Just doesn't make as big of a difference as I had thought it would.

I made a new Sim, and used the no censor mod, and voile! The skin is definitely in place. So it's just that I either hadn't noticed with my current Sims, or that fiddling with CAS isn't making the changes happen for me.

They look good in game though!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:50 AM
It's strange! I just have the one Resource.cfg where it should be. I don't know what's going on. :-/
Test Subject
#71 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:18 AM
Well, I just about give up. I can't figure it out.

Resource.cfg is saved to F:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
The modes are saved to F:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Mods/Packages

Still nothing is showing in game.

Do I need to remove the one from /Game Data/Win32?
Test Subject
#72 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:29 AM
Regarding of "Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements" by HystericalParoxysm

I set everything correctly but it still doesnt work... meh

I download Skin shine, female full face, and female full body.(I dont use male at all)

I do have Resource.cfg in Sims 3 root, place all packages in /Mods/Packages/

Im using Vista 64Bit

I'm 500% sure that this packages dont work for me because i use "Unlock Hidden Traits" package and it works like a charm which require the same principle.

but i cant get this mod to work... >_<

any help?

Note: Even i start of with CAF and play, it still doesnt work
Field Researcher
#73 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nei tsukishime
I second this question. Can we make subfolders and will they work in-game?

Does anyone aswer yet? I could find the asw.
Is it possible or not?

I can´t do it anymore. Why?
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:10 AM
Hi

until no I ony was a reader here
Now I need some help...

Quote:
Well, I just about give up. I can't figure it out. Resource.cfg is saved to F:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 The modes are saved to F:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Mods/Packages Still nothing is showing in game.

I have the same problem. I don't have the game on c:/ but I really think, that I did everything right...

Is it possible that we have to install the game on c:/ or do we have to change something somewhere else to make it work?

I already re-installed the game twice... not on c:/ there's no space at the moment and I don't want to make that work of making bigger my c:/ whitout beeing sure, that it will work...

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english...

Oh, yes, the tool and the tuts are great!!!
Instructor
#75 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:05 AM
I have also followed the steps to the letter, and the content will not show up in my game (newe default skins and no building sparkies). I have Vista 64-bit. One question though - I had to create the "mod" folder as it didn't exist. Am I correct in seeing that there should even be a folder called "packages" within the mod folder? I created one, put my files in there, and still nothing. I took them out and deleted the "packages" folder again, and still nothing. I have re-extracted the resource.cfg file to c:/program files (86x)/Electronic Arts/Sims 3, and the "mod" folder is in the Sims 3 folder... I really hope I can get this to work - the skins as is look like crap...

Also, not sure if I can mention this here, but where did people find the "no blur" patch? I have been to the "usual suspects" sites and haven't found it...

Thanks for everyone's hard work in getting the game modded so quickly. I just hope I can utilize these mods myself! :-)

goderguy
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Ancient thread, from the dawn of time.
Page 3 of 11