Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:30 AM
Is it possible to increase Popularity of a Peteran Priest?
When my Peteran Priest does a sermon, there's a Popularity meter alongside. Nothing I do seems to have any effect on it.

In contrast, when my Jacoban Priest does a sermon, there's a Fear meter alongside. This is influenced by how "scary" the sermon is, and (I think) also by proclamations that the priest nails to the noticeboard outside the church.

Are Peteran Priests buggy, or is there a way to change Popularity?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baratron
When my Peteran Priest does a sermon, there's a Popularity meter alongside. Nothing I do seems to have any effect on it.

In contrast, when my Jacoban Priest does a sermon, there's a Fear meter alongside. This is influenced by how "scary" the sermon is, and (I think) also by proclamations that the priest nails to the noticeboard outside the church.

Are Peteran Priests buggy, or is there a way to change Popularity?

The Peteran popularity metre rises a little slower than the Jacoban fear metre, but it should rise if you hold good sermons. Make sure your priest has high focus first, and then try to pick the appropriate tone (I think you have sombre, humorous and something else; been a while since I've played a priest). If a lot of people listen and enjoy it, the metre should rise.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
The Peteran popularity metre rises a little slower than the Jacoban fear metre, but it should rise if you hold good sermons. Make sure your priest has high focus first, and then try to pick the appropriate tone (I think you have sombre, humorous and something else; been a while since I've played a priest). If a lot of people listen and enjoy it, the metre should rise.

Try "Studying with the Watcher" at your archives for one to two hours. This will give you the option to give an "Insightful Sermon". This is more effective at raising popularity than trying to guess the audience's mood. Alternately, try evangelizing, which also raises popularity (but gives no money).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:42 AM
I think the popularity also rises the more actual Peterans are in the audience, so try converting people too.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:44 PM
I've noticed the Popularity rising faster when the Peteran priest evangelizes. Only prob is if there's a Jacoban priest in town, popularity tends to take a nosedive. (even though my Peteran and Jacoban priests are best buds).
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:27 PM
Evangelizing works for me. His congregation seems to be mostly women though for some reason.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 3:35 PM
Lucky hyme?
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outfit_Planner
Evangelizing works for me. His congregation seems to be mostly women though for some reason.

Your priest must be quiet a womanizer.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Your priest must be quiet a womanizer.

No- he's actually celibate.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outfit_Planner
No- he's actually celibate.

My Peteran priest tends to attract flocks of women while evangelizing (and he's celibate too). Maybe it's the Unattainable factor?