Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Unable to use MTS CC.
Now this must the the stupidest thing on here but I give up.

I read and followed the instructions for installing MTS' CC, but when using 7zip, it says "unable to extract" when I try to extract ANYTHING. Clothes, Cars, etc. But oddly, all other Sims 3 CC (such as Fresh Prince's website) don't require said process. Then again FP has a .sims3pack.zip pack link. Which seems to be the only file type I can use. Which is sad. Cause I had a bunch of MTS CC picked out that I can't use. Any help?

If all else fails, can I just request a sims3.pack.zip from the mod's creator to install with?

As always, move this post if its in the wrong place.

Hai
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 5:02 AM
If you open 7-zip there is an icon at the top to Test an archive. What happens when you click one of the files that it couldn't extract and then Test it?

(If you downloaded while the site was producing error messages for people, especially if you have a slow connection anyway, it wouldn't be inconceivable that you got multiple files that got corrupted during the download....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you open 7-zip there is an icon at the top to Test an archive. What happens when you click one of the files that it couldn't extract and then Test it?

(If you downloaded while the site was producing error messages for people, especially if you have a slow connection anyway, it wouldn't be inconceivable that you got multiple files that got corrupted during the download....)

Oh lord then ill never get CC on here. Lol. My Internet is horrid. I'll test the... Test, tommorow.

Hai
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:00 AM
The 2 CC test packages that come with the Framework.zip - do they work? Or do you still see the intro video and sparkles?

Is this just an issue with using 7-zip program or the Framework itself is not placed correctly situation?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
The 2 CC test packages that come with the Framework.zip - do they work? Or do you still see the intro video and sparkles?

Is this just an issue with using 7-zip program or the Framework itself is not placed correctly situation?

Wait... What is framework? O.o

Maybe I don't have enough knowledge to DO this for Sims 3.

Hai
Site Helper
#6 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:23 PM
I was going to send you a couple of pages into this, but I decided that it might be best to start with the beginning, just in case.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

Click "installing Sims 3 .package files."
The next page is probably not needed since you never had files in the old way. scroll down and click the "Game is patched" link

Now read the next page. About halfway down is a BLUE "Download" link. That has the Framework setup and two mods to test to be sure you have things set up properly. The whole thing is about 1 K, so you should be able to download it in a few seconds. It is a folder containing a Mods folder, a Packages folder, two testing mods, and a resource.cfg that is in the right spot and is an actual cfg file rather than having turned into a txt by accident.

This is the framework that Ellacharmed was asking about. If you have that extracted and in the right spot, it should remove the intro when you load the game, and you should not see build sparkles when you build a wall. (And those mods can be removed once you are sure they worked. They are just there to test the setup.)

(And I was suggesting that you test the archives that you have already downloaded. If they are bad, you can redownload now that the site seems more stable. I've redownloaded a few things today, and not had a temporary connection error in the middle of any of them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook