Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:24 AM
I made a sim recently that in my opinion is not too dollish yet still pretty and somewhat realistic. I didn't use any custom sliders or photoshop but I used a custom skintone and a hell of alot of custom content I tried submitting her to TSR (hence the fancy collage of pictures) but something was wrong with her file But I found her to be one of my nicest sims
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:17 PM
I just made a new sim. I used custom everything and the setting on the highest. Heres some pics
Screenshots
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM
heres some more pics of my two adorable simmies :lovestruc
Screenshots
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:23 AM
Default What is SweetFX ?
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
SweetFX also works too. Not just for Sims themselves, but for entire game. Makes game sharper, thus improving texture definition. Without SweetFX TS3 is overly saturated and quite blurry.
Hello, I'm not one who is up on all the little things that can help game play. But I would really like to know about this to improve the game. Can you please explain what this is, how it's used and where I can get it. Thank you so much.
Theorist
#30 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:39 PM
I HATE when modders Photoshop up their pics on their downloads. I don't mind if they want to post it to a gallery or something all Photoshopped or full of other lighting mods, but pics of a download should be unedited screencaps!
I don't make many Sims CC these days, but at least the CC I've made, the photos associated with them are 100% What You See Is What You Get. Generic screen caps right out of my game. The only editing I'll do is crop or resize.

It's a pet peeve of mine when the mod looks NOTHING like the attached images.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#31 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 7:35 PM
personally I like this set: http://rock-the-sims-italy.blogspot...er-of-skin.html ; unfortunatelly it's only non-default. Except very pale/dark/weird-colours extremes it's looks quite realistic on the each age stage. Thus it wont fit particular super-pretty sims' models.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
#32 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueLeafeon
Whenever I browse hairs, I'm always stunned by all the nice pictures people take of their sims. Especially since my own game never has anything near that good-looking! What do they do to make them look that way? Pose packs? High definition texture/skeleton replacements? Photoshop? All of the above? (I'm not really asking for mods, I just want to know how they do it.)

Beauty is the eye of the beholder, meaning everyone's perception of what looks good to them will usually be different. Besides that obvious information, I'm not a modder. But I can share what I personally like in my game. The highest resolution that can be displayed on my monitor is 1440 X 900. Whatever the highest resolution is that the monitor supports would be the best quality. Currently, all settings are maxed out except High Detail Lots and my video card although old is still considered high-end. In-game settings play a huge part in appearances and what your video card can handle. I would guess the newer it is, the better since it may render better and have more features that older models do not.

I do use a default skin, non-default skins and default eyes along with default eyebrows, default beards and You Are Real. I do not use a HQ mod nor have I messed with files to produce such an effect. While I do notice it seems the majority uses Photoshop to alter the original image, I do not use PS to sharpen or brighten when I post screenshots to share. These pictures are from my game without any image manipulation. I always thought that others could pinpoint if that were the case anyway. Usually, my eyes are sensitive to the sharpen feature and oftentimes the brightness bothers my eyes similar to the bloom effect. No offense, but that may be because I feel some go overboard.

Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:51 AM
I like the pudding sims best of all.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#34 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
Beauty is the eye of the beholder, meaning everyone's perception of what looks good to them will usually be different.

Correction: Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Why do you think my sim *ahem* self-medicates from the keg so much?
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 10:00 PM
wow who keeps disagreeing with my pics
Scholar
#36 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:26 PM
I guess they were just disagreeing that those are super-cute. Personally I like your pics, though. But then my rule tends to be that you know you've hit the keg enough at a party when you start thinking, "heey, that skinny girl is cuute..." about Bonehilda. So I might not be the best judge of who's cute and who isn't. Well, not unless I sober up. Good gods, I hope that never happens
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsNeedLots
wow who keeps disagreeing with my pics

There is the sims 3 picture thread for this. I am sure, over there..you would only get likes..who knows.
This thread is more about how uploaders make their sim models look their best, rather than showing pictures of your own sims.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#38 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 3:34 AM Last edited by themysteriouscorn : 6th Aug 2016 at 1:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimsNeedLots
heres some more pics of my two adorable simmies :lovestruc

May I ask where you downloaded that adorable crop sweatshirt/hoodie in the first pic? I absolutely love it!
Scholar
#39 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I like the pudding sims best of all.

Speaking of which, though, can anyone please explain to me exactly what is a pudding-face sim? I keep hearing the term, and it sounds bad, but I have NO idea who's a pudding face and who isn't. I guess my vision isn't what it used to be.... before the 10'th pint.
Theorist
#40 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 5:53 PM
It's a sim with default EA skintone, which is pretty smooth and does not have much detail in it so people think it makes them look like their skin is made of pudding.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#41 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 6:34 PM
Ah, thanks. I guess I haven't been seeing them because I downloaded custom skins very early.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 4:15 PM
Here's a post that might be helpful for creating sims:

http://thomasjchee.blogspot.nl/p/an...sims-3-sim.html
Alchemist
#43 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
1). Custom sliders & custom skin, eyes, lips, etc.
2). Realistic detailed skin replacement.
3). Use the best lighting in-game from buydebug mode.
4). HD Mod.
6). Modeling pose packs.
5). Take super close up picture of Sim's face, which makes the viewers focus on the Sim's face.

Without photoshop, the Sim can be look good as it is in-game. Some creators have tendency to make their Sim creation picture looks "artsy", "cool", "dramatic" or more attractive with effect, especially on their personal blog or Tumblr, they use photoshop.

I'm not a creator, but I use Photoshop to correct a lot of what's wrong with the graphics in-game. I usually have to fix weirdly blurry/pixelated areas, even running TS3 on the highest graphics settings it's got. There's also the lighting, which, even with a good lighting mod, isn't always very good and needs to be corrected.
And having been an artist for the first two thirds of my life, I can see why a lot of people would photoshop their sim pictures. The model is the same in game, but outside of that environment/context, it's pretty lacking, so it needs to be spruced up.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Page 2 of 2