Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:00 PM Last edited by SweetEmoSimBoy93 : 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:40 PM.
Help: Ugly looking Sims with strange smile
Greetings Simmers!

I have a very ugly problem with my self-made Sims. They looking good in CAS but when I play in Live Mode most of the time they have a strange smile and looking ugly. o__O (see Attachments)

All preinstalled Sims don't have this problem, only self-made. I don't use any mods (even with mods they looking ugly). No expansion packs or something else installed, only Town Life Stuff. The Game is up-to-date (Version: 1.69.43.024017).

I play on a brand new Gaming Notebook:

Medion Erazer P7643
Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i5-6200U (up to 2.80 GHz)
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 520
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:35 PM
I think that is mostly the result of the tendency for the CAS camera to have much higher sim detail settings than the in-game camera.
I don't know if your graphics settings can tolerate a higher Sim Detail in-game, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:56 PM Last edited by SweetEmoSimBoy93 : 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I think that is mostly the result of the tendency for the CAS camera to have much higher sim detail settings than the in-game camera.
I don't know if your graphics settings can tolerate a higher Sim Detail in-game, though.

Hmm I have all graphics settings high without any other issues (see Attachment). The game runs very smooth. But when I started for the first time, an information was displayed that my graphic is unknown or something like that...
Screenshots
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:55 PM
the ingame picture is showing an expression that the sim has worked up over something. Try following him around some and see if he makes prettier faces at other times?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
the ingame picture is showing an expression that the sim has worked up over something. Try following him around some and see if he makes prettier faces at other times?

Nope he has the same expression even when he cries.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 9:55 PM
Okay, that's really weird, and I bet someone here has an idea what's causing it. Could it be ill-behaving pose packs?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 9:58 PM
Expressions can sometimes be stuck on a sim's face, you could try resetting him.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 1:46 PM
Okay, that's really weird, and I bet someone here has an idea what's causing it. Could it be ill-behaving pose packs?

ill-behaving pose packs? What's this? :s

Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Expressions can sometimes be stuck on a sim's face, you could try resetting him.

How do I reset the Sim?

But he has not always this expression. Just for a minute or so, then he looks normal again. After a short time he looks again like that.
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 2:16 PM
Some people have custom packages in their game that allow them to pose their sims for picture taking purposes, and some of those pose packs also govern facial expressions. I was guessing that maybe you might have some of those and that maybe one or more of them was conflicting with something.

If the expression comes and goes, then maybe nitromon is right about it being connected to a trait.

I'm not sure how to reset without mods, so I'll wait for someone else to tell you that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 2:53 PM
Some people have custom packages in their game that allow them to pose their sims for picture taking purposes, and some of those pose packs also govern facial expressions. I was guessing that maybe you might have some of those and that maybe one or more of them was conflicting with something.

If the expression comes and goes, then maybe nitromon is right about it being connected to a trait.

I'm not sure how to reset without mods, so I'll wait for someone else to tell you that.

Oh okay thanks for the explanation. I currently have no mods/custom packages installed. Only Maxis content.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It may be a bug/glitch, or it may be a reflection of one of the traits you assigned him.

He has only vegetarian as trait and I do not think he has this expression because of that.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:05 PM
He must have more then 1 trait?!
Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:30 PM
If your sim really do not have the expression all the time, then I think these are just the faces sims make when they're not doing anything?
Having low Free Will will guarantee the apparition of those animations as your sim will just wait until you give them instructions.

There are some mods to stop idling animations from happening, like The Annoying Idle Killer by mikey, which is more Buffs or Traits oriented.
But there is a list of similar mods in the description, including No making stupid faces when idle by Esmeralda. This one will remove the smiling face I think you took in your screenshot, among other facial expressions.

As for patch compatibility, I'm on patch1.67 and taking a quick look, I don't see any changes in the code in Esmeralda's mod, apart from the edits she made, so it should work.

But just in case, to reset a sim:
Open the cheat console with CTRL + Shift+ C
Type resetSim Firstname Lastname
or resetSim * (this will reset all sims)
Rubric Wrangler
#14 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetEmoSimBoy93
How do I reset the Sim?

But he has not always this expression. Just for a minute or so, then he looks normal again. After a short time he looks again like that.

You need to bring up the cheats console by holding Ctrl Shift C in the game, then type into that "resetsim John Doe" (replacing John Doe with the sim's actual name, and with no quotes). However, if it's transitory I'm skeptical that resetting him will help. Sometimes sims pull weird faces, but I haven't heard of them doing it as frequently as you describe.

ETA: Hehehe, sniped.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:57 PM Last edited by SweetEmoSimBoy93 : 24th Jul 2016 at 4:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
He must have more then 1 trait?!

You can create Sims also with only one trait. ^^

Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
If your sim really do not have the expression all the time, then I think these are just the faces sims make when they're not doing anything?
Having low Free Will will guarantee the apparition of those animations as your sim will just wait until you give them instructions.

You're right. He have this expression only when he does nothing. :o

Thanks Blyss and PharaohHoun. A reset has helped. The expression immediately disappeared. Hopefully forever..
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:11 PM
I think this is also tied to his general mood. It has a greater effect on facial expressions than one might think. I think they now call it "emotions" in The Sims 4. The overall mood can be seen in the UI right between the lifetime wish and the the moodlet panel. It looks like a picker with a small bubble shape on top:

If you hover over it it will say things like Happy, Very Happy, Angry, Sad, Fair or Elated etc. And I think that your Sim's expression corresponds to "Fair", which is approximately also the mood shown in the picture I posted.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Aug 2023 at 8:25 PM
Heyy! maybe this could fix it, tell me if it does: https://modthesims.info/d/669462/walk-cycle-edits.html

Quote: Originally posted by SweetEmoSimBoy93
Greetings Simmers!

I have a very ugly problem with my self-made Sims. They looking good in CAS but when I play in Live Mode most of the time they have a strange smile and looking ugly. o__O (see Attachments)

All preinstalled Sims don't have this problem, only self-made. I don't use any mods (even with mods they looking ugly). No expansion packs or something else installed, only Town Life Stuff. The Game is up-to-date (Version: 1.69.43.024017).

I play on a brand new Gaming Notebook:

Medion Erazer P7643
Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i5-6200U (up to 2.80 GHz)
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 520
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M