Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#3251 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 8:34 PM Last edited by RedSimmies : 20th Nov 2015 at 11:43 AM.
Probably impossible to do but I wanted this since forever, a default S0 (palest) and S5 (darkest) skin option in CAS. 6 default skin shades would be enough for me so I'd never need townified/geneticized add on skins that way, which would save time spent on fixing the sims after taking the town/gen skintones out.

Ooh, and a simple default maxis freckles overlay that can be put on any skin in CAS, saving the need for separate freckled skintones.

Similarly, instead of five default eyes, I wish maxis had nine: dark brown, brown, golden hazel, greenish hazel, green, blue-green, blue, gray-blue, gray. That would save the need for gen/town eyes as well, at least for me. No more fixing eyes because they were all default!
Advertisement
Inventor
#3252 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Imagine you have to deal with your neighbor who steals your paper and kicks your trashcan. And then comes his dog and rolls in trash and flowerbeds and then comes his cat and starts yowling...

Now I find myself wanting a "Pick up a garden hose, switch the nozzle to Jet and hit 'em full blast" mod. .
Mad Poster
#3253 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 1:50 AM
Like this?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3254 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Imagine you have to deal with your neighbor who steals your paper and kicks your trashcan. And then comes his dog and rolls in trash and flowerbeds and then comes his cat and starts yowling...

I hate when my sims are outside and watch their ex/enemy run over and kick their trashcan. All they do is lecture them, which does nothing. There should be a mod that gives an option to stop them before they do it... like the 'chase off' option for strays.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3255 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 2:19 AM
If you greet them fast enough they won't kick over the can/steal the newspaper. You can then Smooth Talk them so they don't want to mess up your yard anymore and go off with a passionate smooch and stars in their eyes.

Unless, of course, the Romance sim is your cousin, you don't have Smooth Talk, and you and this person are only mad at each other because he dated your cousin once and Stuff Happened. In which case, he's excellent friends with your cousin, and you might as well just leave the trash can kicked over, or start a garden to make use of all that compost.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#3256 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 2:49 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 19th Nov 2015 at 3:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Like this?

Exactly like that. >:]

Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I hate when my sims are outside and watch their ex/enemy run over and kick their trashcan. All they do is lecture them, which does nothing. There should be a mod that gives an option to stop them before they do it... like the 'chase off' option for strays.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you greet them fast enough they won't kick over the can/steal the newspaper. You can then Smooth Talk them so they don't want to mess up your yard anymore and go off with a passionate smooch and stars in their eyes.

Unless, of course, the Romance sim is your cousin, you don't have Smooth Talk, and you and this person are only mad at each other because he dated your cousin once and Stuff Happened. In which case, he's excellent friends with your cousin, and you might as well just leave the trash can kicked over, or start a garden to make use of all that compost.

...or you can do what I do with my Mechanical-minded Sims and build a Sentrybot. If you have OFB, you can also have that robot-building Sim open a small shop and sell Sentrybots so that every house in the neighborhood can have one. Slick, sleek, sadistic fun for the whole neighborhood! >:]

Of course, my Nature Sims with their gardens prefer Peni's option of composing the junk from the kicked-over trash can. Just be ready to pick it up and compost it before the cockroaches come scurrying around. Mindy Pugiless (my evil cheerleader, now with her own place) groomed Mortimer Goth's telescope-policing into an enduring enmity. Mortimer Goth, combined with Mindy's trash can, is now a steady supply of compost for Mindy's cucumber garden (as well as a useful punching bag for whenever Mindy's feeling cranky, which is often). We're talking four or five trash can tumbles a day, and the neverending garbage piles which spill from it. Mort hates Mindy that much. He also has yet to win a fight against her, so that cradle-robbing bridegroom's welcome to hate her until the day he or Mindy dies. Just keep the compost coming, Mort.

(Mindy's a Sports Sim, not a Nature Sim. But since Sports is a lousy hobby, she has plenty of time for gardening, and cucumbers are awesome. With as many enemies as she's made, I wonder why Mort's usually the only one kicking her trash can. Maybe it's his seniority.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3257 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 3:18 AM
Sentrybot all the way, and an electric gnome. of course if they have no no robots the best is the simplest, just put a fence around 3 sides of your bin or leave it over on it's side. Most of my sims go yah free compost! Thanks jackass!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3258 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 12:35 PM
Electric gnomes? That must be one of those medieval mods, like the one which turns the robot crafting station into a forge with an anvil and whatnot.
Mad Poster
#3259 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 1:31 PM
What's an electric gnome and where can I get one?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3260 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 9:23 PM
No, it's quite modern and right here http://modthesims.info/d/325941

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3261 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 7:43 AM
I'd really like a mod that makes hiking contribute to fitness, so it's an alternative to jogging. Seems pretty silly they didn't do this in the first place.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#3262 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 8:37 AM
I have been tempted by that electric gnome However, it is quite fun to see how my Sims return with a whole bunch of gnomes after stealing their single stolen one back.
Mad Poster
#3263 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, it's quite modern and right here http://modthesims.info/d/325941

Thanks, Jo

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3264 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have been tempted by that electric gnome However, it is quite fun to see how my Sims return with a whole bunch of gnomes after stealing their single stolen one back.

Same, except I gave in when the constant stealing outweighed the stealing back amusement.
Forum Resident
#3265 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's on their to do list!!! *bounces up and down like an energizer bunny*

While I don't check several times a day since those kinds of things take ages to make I do check it every few days but more often if it's been awhile since the last upload.

What is this Sun and Moon place? I would love one of those stations, just like Sims 1. I know they haven't done it yet but I'd like to bookmark it before it does :D
Lab Assistant
#3266 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 4:29 PM
Yeah, Plumbob Keep is awesome. I don't even play a medieval game, but some of the stuff you can find there is great for my modern day farmers, poor sims, apocalypse survivors and just sims who enjoy a bit of gardening and cooking food they themselves produced as well. I simply love having

- 3433832 different kinds of plants to grow in my garden instead of the few maxis veggies
- more and better fruit trees
- wine making
- the harvestable berry bushes
- being able to keep chickens, ducks, rabbits etc
- hunting deer and other animals
- watching pets hunt small animals to eat
Mad Poster
#3267 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:43 AM
I wish Sims would be asked if they WANTED a promotion, instead of just automatically getting one if they meet all the right criteria. There are any number of situations where you might not want a promotion- a vampire who needs to work the night shift, a very skilled Sim whose character fits perfectly with a lower-tier job, etc... I know quite a few people IRL who have been offered promotions and turned them down, and been happier because of it... I wish Sims would have that same opportunity!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#3268 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quweenie
Yeah, Plumbob Keep is awesome. I don't even play a medieval game, but some of the stuff you can find there is great for my modern day farmers, poor sims, apocalypse survivors and just sims who enjoy a bit of gardening and cooking food they themselves produced as well.

Agreed, Sunni and Moon are amazing. I play a modern day hood as well, but I have a village district which the plants/trees/markets etc are ideal for. It's really enhanced the village feel. I don't think TS2 will be dieing any time soon with those two still going.

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I wish Sims would be asked if they WANTED a promotion, instead of just automatically getting one if they meet all the right criteria. There are any number of situations where you might not want a promotion- a vampire who needs to work the night shift, a very skilled Sim whose character fits perfectly with a lower-tier job, etc... I know quite a few people IRL who have been offered promotions and turned them down, and been happier because of it... I wish Sims would have that same opportunity!

You have a good point there Zara. I wonder if anyone made an object that disables promotion on residences it's placed on? Not sure if that's even possible. Or perhaps a popup dialog that gives you the choice, like the mod that asks if your sims want to bring home friends.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#3269 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:53 AM
I think the Job Stopinator will do the trick if you don't want sim get promotion.
Mad Poster
#3270 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 10:58 AM
Why do so many Sims take umbrage when someone tells them that they admire them? (Possibly that belongs in "Stupid Questions".) All right, some of them might think it's a lousy chat-up line, but for the most part you'd think being told that someone admired you, would make you feel good about yourself. So many of my Sims' relationships get off to a bad start because a well-meant compliment is rejected. My Romance Sims, exquisite experts in the art of seduction, have discovered that a joke is a safer opening gambit.

Anyway I'd like to be able to mod it out, so that Sims, especially nice Sims, almost always accept the "Admire" action. Is there any mld that makes Sims more likely to accept the "Admire" interaction, or do we need a new one?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#3271 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 11:19 AM
Actually, I love the way the admire system works. It wouldn't make sense for nice sims to always accept admire, because it's usually shy + nice sims that reject admire on first meeting, because shy sims are more reserved and probably think that the compliment is forward and undeserved since you don't know them well. Lol nice sims.

On the other hand, outgoing + mean sims will do a different "hell yes I'm awesome" boasting animation and love compliments much more than nice sims ever do, which makes sense, since they are the sim equivalent of attention loving narcissists It works that way in real life too, outgoing + mean people usually thrive on compliments (I do too, first hand experience here )
Scholar
#3272 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Why do so many Sims take umbrage when someone tells them that they admire them? (Possibly that belongs in "Stupid Questions".) All right, some of them might think it's a lousy chat-up line, but for the most part you'd think being told that someone admired you, would make you feel good about yourself. So many of my Sims' relationships get off to a bad start because a well-meant compliment is rejected. My Romance Sims, exquisite experts in the art of seduction, have discovered that a joke is a safer opening gambit.

Anyway I'd like to be able to mod it out, so that Sims, especially nice Sims, almost always accept the "Admire" action. Is there any mld that makes Sims more likely to accept the "Admire" interaction, or do we need a new one?

I think the idea is that Sims are supposed to know each other well enough to know what compliments a Sim considers to make sense. Otherwise they end up like Aladdin in the Disney film, whose opening gambit to Princess Jasmine was to call her "punctual". He meant it as a compliment, but it wasn't exactly a trait that the Princess considered a truly applicable compliment. (Thankfully for the relationship, he followed that up by calling her "beautiful", which had the intended effect on Jasmine!) Jasmine is supposed to be a nice character, but is only impressed by compliments that make sense to her - whereas a mean Sim might hear "oh, they're praising me" and not necessarily hear that they were being cursed with faint praise or complimented on something they're not actually that good at. (Shy Sims don't necessarily think they're good at things, hence they also have increased chance of rejecting compliments).
Mad Poster
#3273 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 2:54 PM
I get what you're saying RedSimmies and ieta_cassiopeia, but I still think the negative effect on the relationship is excessive. It's maybe because I have so many nice shy Sims in my neighbourhood that I get so much of this sort of thing. One nice shy Sim summons up the courage to say something nice and complimentary to another nice shy Sim. "I really appreciate the job you're doing here. You've making a big difference and I really admire you." I would expect the recipient of this compliment to politely decline it. "Oh I really don't deserve that!" But instead he rejects it so forcibly that it starts a really bad relationship between them. Minutes later the two nice shy Sims are poking each other. If I don't step in and try to cool things down, they're likely to be deadly enemies by the end of the day. It often happens in the background when I'm playing other Sims, or when Sims have called to welcome new neighbours to the area. It can be hard to know what to say when you're guests in a strangers' house, especially if you know they're so likely to take offence! I actually do admire those of my Sims who actively support the Welcome Wagon movement, but I'd be scared to tell them so!

So I'd still like a hack to cool things down. Politely declining a well-meant compliment shouldn't set you up as potential enemies. It might even build the relationship a bit as you get to understand each other better. I'd just like the really negative rejection to be a lot rarer. I suspect that a high proportion of the really bad relationships in my game started out this way.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3274 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:19 AM
Is Admire a romantic action? I always thought that it was a more a checking you out and like what I see rather than just a compliment on something they've done. That might explain why people reject it if they aren't attracted to the other person.
Mad Poster
#3275 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:14 AM
I've always thought that it's a rather 'kissing up' trait, and is used to score points with another pixel that is useful to them.

Of course it's usually done with the most outgoing of pixels, so that's why others are often turned off by it-they sense it's phony and put on, that's where the negative reactions come from.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 131 of 580