Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Black Screen
It's me again. Thought my problems were solved but nooo.... Anyway, I just installed Freetime, which runs fine, but when I enter the neighborhood the screen turns black. If I ctrl-alt-delete and go back in I can see the screen, but when I click it goes back to all black. If I manage to get into a household it does the same. I've looked at other people with this problem, but haven't found a real solution. I just want to play my game... Can anyone help me out with this? Using a windows 8 laptop, and my specs were in a previous post from today that I can link to if needed. Thank you!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:22 PM
Also had this. For me it helped to go back to a lower screen resolution. (in the game)
I went from 1920x1080 to 1600x900. I now only have the black screen when the game just loaded, but that's fixed by clicking the windows button and then going back into the game again. (If you understand what I mean here)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:39 PM
You also might want to try switching to windowed mode.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:03 AM
Thanks, I'll try those.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
Also had this. For me it helped to go back to a lower screen resolution. (in the game)
I went from 1920x1080 to 1600x900. I now only have the black screen when the game just loaded, but that's fixed by clicking the windows button and then going back into the game again. (If you understand what I mean here)

Wow. Tried that and it worked. Embarrassed it was that easy, lol. Thank you!
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by levmac17
Wow. Tried that and it worked. Embarrassed it was that easy, lol. Thank you!

Don't be embarrassed. We learn from each other. I also learned it from someone through an earlier topic here on mod the sims.