Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#27 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:53 AM
Quote:
and the jackass who made it ruined its trademark all-genders flag and made it for women only. Sexist, I say.

It's not just a flag. Gender ambiguity is of course very nice, but in Sims 2 you can not make 1 hairstyle for both genders, the mesh must be adjusted,otherwise there will be strange gaps. So you must make a separate conversion of the male messy bob if you want one.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 6:26 AM
Ah, alright. And sorry for the harsh wording, I did not know about the gender limitations and thus it came out as rude for me.

I'd convert it myself, but sadly I don't know how... .-.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
I'd convert it myself, but sadly I don't know how... .-.

Try here.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Mad Poster
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Anyone knows an easier way? I suspect it might be possible with mods, If you can switch families without losing all wishes and while setting some flag for other families not to age and not to progress autonomously.

The Nraas Story Progression mod has settings to let a Sims 3 player to switch families without losing wishes, but there is no way to set families to not age and not progress as far as I know.
Theorist
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
There is a hair for TS3 Ambitions which I really liked - the messy bob - since, as it is for both men and women, it allowed me to make androgynous-esque men much more easily. Sadly, that site has only one conversion , and the jackass who made it ruined its trademark all-genders flag and made it for women only. Sexist, I say.

Ah well. While it is a nice hair, I already have another one that looks quite effeminate and is for male sims. Not as good-looking, but it does the job.

The hair you're interested in was also done by another creator (one of my favorites) and converted for both male and female. Mel/RentedSpace actually converted and/or fixed a ton of converted hairs, so I recommend checking out the entire blog. Here is the link for the hair you were interested in TS3 to TS2 Ambitions Shaggie Bob.

As an aside, I did think your wording regarding the other creator was unnecessarily harsh.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Page 2 of 2