Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How Can I Download Sims?
So there are a few Sims that I see on here and I really want them. The thing is, whenever I save them into the Sims 2 Downloads Folder, then extract the files, they never actually show up in game. Why is this? I have a pretty great feeling there's something I should be doing differently, it's just that I've never really tried to download Sims before. Thanks!
-TheLastoftheTimelords
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:42 PM
You need to download the Clean Installer

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty

That's so cool! Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty

It still won't show up?...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:33 AM
Where are you looking?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Where are you looking?

I've checked in saved sims and body shop. Is there somewhere else I can check?
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 8:50 AM
When importing new sims into your game they will show up in Sims Bin in Bodyshop and in-game in Sims Bin in "New content",a flower-ish icon will appear when you go into Create-A-Sim and you'll see a folder with all the new sims.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 1:09 PM
When you download a sim, there should be a file with a "sims2pack" extension.

First, download and install the Clean Installer (double-click the install file, and go through the instructions).

Then double-click the Sims2pack file. It should open in CI.
Choose the Downloads directory in the dropdown list, and choose "ok".
The sim should now be installed in the Downloads folder.

You should be able to see the files in the Downloads folder. There should be a file with an 8x8 digit number (something like "b81ee3dc_5fe278b7"), and also other files if CC was included. If you sort by date, it's easier to figure out which files you just installed, so you can put hem in a separate folder if you want to.

You'll find the sim in the sim bin in Bodyshop, or the sim bin with the right age and gender in CAS ingame.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
When you download a sim, there should be a file with a "sims2pack" extension.

First, download and install the Clean Installer (double-click the install file, and go through the instructions).

Then double-click the Sims2pack file. It should open in CI.
Choose the Downloads directory in the dropdown list, and choose "ok".
The sim should now be installed in the Downloads folder.

You should be able to see the files in the Downloads folder. There should be a file with an 8x8 digit number (something like "b81ee3dc_5fe278b7"), and also other files if CC was included. If you sort by date, it's easier to figure out which files you just installed, so you can put hem in a separate folder if you want to.

You'll find the sim in the sim bin in Bodyshop, or the sim bin with the right age and gender in CAS ingame.

There's that dumb little step I was missing! I didn't know I had to double click... Thanks so much!