Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:15 AM Last edited by lightingft : 19th Dec 2009 at 6:46 PM. Reason: 1 problem got fixed.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
"Unable to Connect to EA download Manager" message (Fixed, thanks to ellacharm3d) & stuck on Family loading screen, and then quiting (Nevermind, will have to wait 'till the next patch.)
I just got this message "Unable to connect to EA download manager". How do i fix this?

I tried:
Reinstalling EADM
Loging in into EADM
Quiting and launching again EADM
<edit> Uninstalling Mods
<edit> Restarting My Computer

<edit> PS. Whenever i put files into the Downloads folder, the launcher doesn't even start. That's why i ask how to fix this message, because i think the downloads won't work because of EADM. (The problem with the Downloads fixed, thanks to http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382520. But the cannot connect to EADM still pops out.)

Still pops out that message

Anyone know what's the problem?

Answers will be very appreciated.

<edit> If anyone needs screenshots, i'll post.

<edit> OK, so i've noted that whenever i try to load the game, it just exits! What can i do to make it work? I have patch 2.3. I really really want to play with Create-a-world tool

<edit> Nevermind, i'll wait till the next patch comes out.

Back to MTS community.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:48 AM Last edited by lightingft : 18th Dec 2009 at 1:18 PM.
Yup, i have patch 2.3 too... Same problem as you NamsApple... Can't load a family too

Back to MTS community.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:44 PM
If you start via the Launcher, try these:

1) Uninstalling the EA Download Manager, start via Launcher again to test.
2) If the above still cause a crash, try Game_Help:Bypassing_Launcherwiki, adapting the instructions to use "TS3EP01.exe" instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:59 PM
Thank you ellacharm3d

Back to MTS community.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:36 PM
I assume you removed all of your custom content to test the game? The family still wouldn't load? Did you read the stickies about what needs to be done before patching?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
I assume you removed all of your custom content to test the game? The family still wouldn't load? Did you read the stickies about what needs to be done before patching?

Did read the stickies, tried to remove the mods. If by downloads you mean, well, tried to enter the game with C-A-W, still the crash.

Back to MTS community.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 5:40 AM
Do you mean when you have CAW opened and used the Edit-in-game mode, it crash?
Then that might have a separate cause than the game crashing. Let's solve the game's crash first before we deal with a totally separate tool.

Quote:
....tried to remove the mods. If by downloads you mean, well,....
What does that mean, exactly? Have you removed CC or not understood the steps?
For the unable to select your saved game at the main menu issue, you've tried all the suggestions listed here Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Common_Errorswiki?

Well, if you had gone through all the FAQs in the Preparing sticky and Patching wiki, and it still crashes, next thing to check is hardware: please post Game_Help:System_Specswiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 8:23 AM Last edited by lightingft : 19th Dec 2009 at 8:55 AM.
well, i've reinstalled my game 1 time, so i've had Completely No CC, and it just crashed. Crashes when i load Sunset Valley or Riverview too.

Nope, haven't checked the TS3 Patching common errors yet, thanks i'll try

<edit> tried http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ete_Cache_Files
tried http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g:Common_Errors

Didn't work.

System:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: system manufacturer
System Model: System product name
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB Ram
Page File: 677MB used, 1783MB available
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display:
Name: NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 7600 GS
Approx. total memory: 512.0MB
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0011.7813

Sound:
Name: SoundMAX HD Audio O

Back to MTS community.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 6:07 AM
Ok, that meet the minimum requirements set by EA - barely. But not the recommended specs, because both CPU + RAM is low.

Can you test loading the base game only and start a new town, still with no CC, before we update graphics? Use "TS3.exe" from \Game\Bin\ in Program Files.

There has been a few threads here with that Nvidia card that experiences crashes.
We could try updating driver: this is beta for XP 32Bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_195.81_beta.html
If you have 64bit XP(I don't know how to tell from that DxDiag), or rather not have a beta version..go for the 190.62 (I think that was the last one that wasn't reported as having problems with Sims 3)version at this website http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

To update properly:
- download the file from above link
- boot to Safe mode (press F8 during boot-up),
- uninstall old driver via Control Panel
- reboot (You'll be defaulted to standard VGA drivers at low resolution)
- install new drivers
- reboot again
- after driver update, run another DxDiag report to verify if your driver version and date has now changed.

Test load the base game again ("TS3.exe" ).
Then test WA ("TS3EP01.exe" ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 9:14 AM
well, don't know. Maybe i'll just wait for a new patch. Because i've see lots of people has this problem.

Back to MTS community.
Inventor
#11 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:45 AM Last edited by crinrict : 20th Dec 2009 at 5:52 PM.
EA has a warning in their forum about NVidia 195.81 and the newest patch. Go for 190.62

EDIT: WRONG. Never mind.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 11:18 AM
No, not that version. Did they release yet another warning on Nvidia drivers released Dec?
The warning was for 195.62(Nov), for GeForce 6 and 7 series cards - causing Launcher to CTD. Earlier there was trouble with 191.07(Oct).

The patch won't solve your machine having an outdated driver, though.
Inventor
#13 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 5:51 PM
No, you're right. I'm sorry. It's the 195.62 they are warning about. I just checked for first three digits.

Never mind my post