Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 4:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game Crashed When Graduation Occured
I kid you not I went through everything for the group of sims to graduate from college hoping and thinking I would start them off on their new life. But the game wouldn't let that happen basically the ceremony started and then they just didn't go home. The sims sat there confused some went in and others didn't even go through into the rabbit hole. I tried everything to get them to graduate and leave but it wouldn't work. In one rendition it crashed my game and so I gave up on Uni life all together for them. Now instead of sending them off i just buy the degree which sucks and takes away the feeling of sending them to school. This caused a big problem in my game and I had to start over from before they went to Uni and were teenagers. Im just like whuttt.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:13 PM
Have you tried sending your active lot to the stadium lot really early? Usually I have to do that, and let them roam around until it's time for graduation to start. Otherwise, my game will glitch.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 10:27 PM
Moving to Help. Please use the sub forums, that's what they're for.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 5:50 AM
Or...

3) Skip the graduation ceremony entirely (nice photo opps, but the speeches are really boring), send them all bowling or something instead. Supposedly their degrees will catch up with them in the mail when they get back home, but I never wait for that and instead grant them degrees in the right majors and at the grade average they already earned using NRaas DebugEnabler. All of the benefits of the degrees are put in place no matter how they get them.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 12:18 PM
Sadly, when you miss the graduation, you do still complete your degree, you just don't get the physical certificate you receive when attending the ceremony. As other simmers have said in older comments above, have you tried sending your sim to the place early? This may help in the avoidance of your sim missing the ceremony from the cause of too many sims. A way to quickly teleport your sims there BEFORE the 'going to graduation' action comes up, is typing testingcheatsenabled true into the cheat box, then shift-clicking the ground where you would like to teleport your sim (i.e. the graduation).

Hope I helped good luck!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:39 PM
Ah, I didn't realize the physical certificate fails to show up if graduation is missed. But it does show up if you use the DebugEnabler method. In fact, the sim even changes into their graduation robes and does the yippee, I graduated animations upon invoking the command back home, so you may want to pull the window shades down before doing this -- they do look pretty silly for a moment or two.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 2:00 PM
@igazor Mm, thank god for the debug enabler! This will definitely be something I will try if my sims ever miss their ceremony again.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 6:22 PM
@freedomgurl35
Yes I have tried to send them early to avoid the madness of the crowds.

@plasticbox
ahh yes well thank you for that.

@nitromon
I found out the hard way that this relative thing is broken because it seemed like them coming to this world affected the game as well. I honestly thing this was the culprit in getting then to go home. But for any future uni games I won't invite which is unfortunate but you know EA and their bs.

I do have the NRAAS master controller, I will check if I have downloaded that particular one. I will download that aspect if need be. But since I do have the MC resetting the uni town is a great idea. The won't effect anything for the graduation though?

@igazor
Hmm DebugEnabler that sounds like a great option for them to have a degree when I feel too lazy to bother with sending them or saving the aspiration points for it. And lol pull the shades down, pretty much. I will more than likely do this method since the game is so damn broken as is with most of them -sigh- .

@ForestSimmer

Yeah I use various mods and cheats so that was one of the things I did funny enough.I teleport them over to avoid the crowding that always seems to happen but still the problem with inviting the relatives probably arise which is what happened I am going to guess.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluehaze
@freedomgurl35
...the problem with inviting the relatives probably arise which is what happened I am going to guess.

We already know for a fact from various posts over at NRaas that when you travel, it's a COPY of your sim that's sent for you to play with, and changes are then copied back when you return. The sim impersonating your relative is even more shallow than that, and the changes ARE NOT COPIED when you return home. I know if you get in a big argument with them and tank your relationship with them, it's like that never happened when you get back because it wasn't really them I even had a wife at university divorce her husband to his face when he came to visit and they were still married back in the homeworld. In my current playthrough, I'm going to test when my sims (currently teenagers and I don't get a lot of time per day so it'll be a while) use a mod to murder their parents at graduation, because I'm about 90% sure the parents will be just fine in the homeworld and I'm hoping to be able to show them their own urnstones and maybe even replicate them by summoning their ghosts.

So whatever problem you were having with this is due to improper copying. World Adventures, University Life and Into The Future are all super horrible at managing what happens to sims between worlds, and that's why you absolutely need NRaas Traveler if you even *think* about leaving your homeworld, ever, for any reason. It won't fix everything, but it smooths out problems like that one. And make sure you've got Overwatch while you're at it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Aug 2023 at 12:17 AM
@Krysee Their game crashed 8 years ago, I'm pretty sure they are over it now.