Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 10:00 PM
Default Gardener every day
I'm sure I've heard of a hack that lets the gardener call every day. Could someone please tell me where I can get it?

Capp Manor Gardens are in state of total chaos. The gardener worked all day on Saturday, but it was still a mess when he left. It's now late on Monday afternoon and he hasn't been back since. It's reached the stage where the Capps don't want to go outside and look at it. (Their environment bars go all red as soon as they go out of the front door. ) Sometimes they're in tears over the state of the garden. Worst of all, it's Tybalt's birthday in two days time, and they really want the gardens looking perfect for that. Just now they've got a lot of friends round and they're trying to persuade them to work in the garden, but, though the Capps are known as an influential family, they're finding their influence doesn't go far when you're wanting weeds pulled.

Ideally I'd like a mod that would let the likes of the Capps have their gardener every day, while Sims with smaller gardens, who never let them get into a mess in the first place, could get him 3 or 4 days a week, but I don't think such a mod exists.

Any alternative solutions for the Capps' garden would be welcome too. Consort and Tybalt promise that if you work in their garden for just half a day, they'll never attack you in the street again.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 10:54 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:14 AM
For huge gardens like that one, Perfect Plants might be an option as well. It keeps all plants (an optionally all crops and trees) in perfect condition all the time. Of course, that might feel like cheating to you.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

If you want to keep things more realistic, you could add a sim to the family that works as a gardener for the Capps. Seeing as they're rich and all, some of the poorer jobless sims might see this as an opportunity.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:46 AM
I wish you could turn Perfect Plants on and off per lot. I want some of my sims to do gardening, but some decorated lots just have far too many plants to make it feasible.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:54 AM
If you use a combo of real plants and plastic plants/non care plants. that reduces the plants that need caring for. With that I have the trim and water plants that can't be reached and daily gardener, I find that useful in mt medieval hood for nobles and royal gardens.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 12:26 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I've now downloaded the daily gardener and shall install it (him/her?) before the next day at the Capps. My only concern is that it's an unnecessary expense for Sims like Gloria and Andrew who are managing ok with a gardener 3 or 4 times a week, and don't have unlimited funds as the Capps appear to have. Presumably though, the gardener won't stay long if there's not much to do.

In the longer term I like the idea of a live-in gardener. There's room in the grounds of Capp Manor for a gardener's cottage. And I can imagine that Juliette might one day take on a good-looking young gardener, and perhaps have an affair with him à la Lady Chatterley.

At the moment Perfect Plants seem a bit too cheaty for me, but I could grow desperate. The Capps are desperate already! At the moment they have no fewer than 7 visitors at Capp Manor (Miranda Capp, Gerry McBain, Jack Gill, Wendy Kimbrell [a cashier], April Hutchins [Consort's girlfriend], Gavin Newson and Craig Livingston [a restaurant host]), and, so far, from them they have persuaded Miranda and Jack to work in the garden. Jack has been doing a reasonable job pulling weeds from the flower beds, but Miranda is complaining about the hedge at the back and the sides of the house. The hedge along the front of the house is perfect, so it looks like I need that hack that Jo mentioned that lets you tend unreachable plants. So, any chance of a link to that and (less importantly) any non-care versions of Maxis plants?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:16 PM
Plastic flowers http://modthesims.info/d/248921 and http://www.ts2creations.com/artistc...uild_plants.htm
Windkeeper on the Booty has plastic hedge.

trim bushes http://cyjon.net/node/172
water plants http://modthesims.info/d/288772
With these two it makes your gardener more efficient as they can reach everything. They water and trim the plant after doing a little stomp about it lol..

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 3:21 AM Last edited by Simonut : 9th Oct 2015 at 9:30 PM.
@ AndrewGloria My Sims was spending too much money on the gardener, and sometime they would "Not" even finish the job at hand. So I use a Mod by TwoJeff's call "Perfect Garden" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

Also I use a Mod for "No Falling Leaves" You will still see the leaves falling to the ground they still will, be there but "No" leaves to clean up they will just disappear after a while. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=251579

I have had these two Mods in my game for years they both work "Perfect" together.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've now downloaded the daily gardener and shall install it (him/her?) before the next day at the Capps. My only concern is that it's an unnecessary expense for Sims like Gloria and Andrew who are managing ok with a gardener 3 or 4 times a week, and don't have unlimited funds as the Capps appear to have. Presumably though, the gardener won't stay long if there's not much to do.

The daily gardener is great, but in my experience she or he only comes by every day to those households that hired a gardener after the mod was installed. Households that had a gardener before the installation only see the gardener every 3 days. The Capps may have to fire their current gardener, and then hire a new gardener for the mod to kick in at their house. Andrew and Gloria may still continue to see their gardener only a few times each week.

It happens quite often in my game that a gardener will arrive at 9 AM and say "Your plants are in wonderful condition today!" and then immediately leave. The base charge may be assessed for that.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Oct 2015 at 10:03 PM.
The thing about trying to fired those gardener is running them down, it seem like they know you are going to get rid of them. So when I started using the mods that listed in my post #8 above I had just started using the mod way back them.
Before using the mod I had to sent my Sims out and run them down to say "You're Fired" lmao but since I started my whole game over in 2013 I don't have any gardener don't need them with those two mods.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 8:09 AM
I also used a Perfect Plants mod (with the way I like to throw trees into the ground, it is necessary ) - but, @AndrewGloria, I think another option would simply be less plants that need work. Or put rocks between the plants, or garden gnomes, or any other ornament that looks okay, or chairs between trees and shrubs, or water features. Gardens can still look very nice that way and less work for the Sims