Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:30 AM
Default Need Help with making Sonic the Hedgehog sim
Hello,

I have been trying to find out how to use morphs or custom clothes to make a perfect Sonic the Hedgehog sim.

Do I have to make a custom clothing mesh? And how do I connect pieces of the sim perfectly?

I am new to sims 3 Modding so take it easy on me please.

Any Help?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:42 PM
I don't want to be discouraging, but a Sonic the Hedgehog sim would be a big project and IMO isn't a good place to start for a beginner. My advice is to build up your skills with a few simpler projects first. That said:

You'd have to make a completely custom sim - clothing including shoes, and a custom hat hair for the head. Sonic's head is big enough that it should fit over the human head. (There's no way at present to make a custom head mesh without replacing all the sim heads in your game, and IMO sliders wouldn't be sufficient in this case.) There's a few existing sliders for height and body proportions that would help. Mostly it would be a pretty involved meshing project. There's a tool in Milkshape that lets you snap one vertex to another, and that's what you'd use to make sure the parts fit together.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I don't want to be discouraging, but a Sonic the Hedgehog sim would be a big project and IMO isn't a good place to start for a beginner. My advice is to build up your skills with a few simpler projects first. That said:

You'd have to make a completely custom sim - clothing including shoes, and a custom hat hair for the head. Sonic's head is big enough that it should fit over the human head. (There's no way at present to make a custom head mesh without replacing all the sim heads in your game, and IMO sliders wouldn't be sufficient in this case.) There's a few existing sliders for height and body proportions that would help. Mostly it would be a pretty involved meshing project. There's a tool in Milkshape that lets you snap one vertex to another, and that's what you'd use to make sure the parts fit together.

ok. i understand