Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2013 at 2:50 AM Last edited by xb2003 : 29th May 2013 at 3:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Severe Graphical Issues w/ HD7770
So i just got the Sims 3, and the Late Night expansion. If i just install the base game, it runs great. My system is an i5 3470, 8GB Ram, HD7770, and a 10k HDD, so it should. When i go to install and run Late Night, it pops up with a message saying i have unrecognized hardware, and an unrecognized graphics card. So I then load a neighborhood, and the whole thing is not rendered. Its just black, and then you can somewhat see it trying to render houses in white. Every once in a while, it flashes a frame with a small section rendered properly. That's it. I have:
-Made sure GPU, Chipset, Windows are up to date.
-Tried different Sims 3 graphics settings.
-Added the 7770 to the graphicsproperties.whatever file.
-Tried on both Windows 7 & 8(Dual Boot, i prefer 8).

I cant change the results. I have searched all over, and haven't found any forum posts, yahoo answers, etc about this issue. Is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks,
jesse

Edit: Well i just ran the game as admin and it works fine... I guess im just freaking retarded. If theres a reason for this id love to hear it.

Edit: Ok well now i think that it seems really dark, but maybe im crazy.

[IMG][/IMG]

Is that normal?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2013 at 1:33 AM
Well just to throw this out there, the problem was fixed for me when I enabled Advanced Rendering and then rebooted my system.