Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:01 PM
Default Just tried creating lipstick for first time...
...Well, first time I've ever tried creating anything for The Sims ever! I'm pretty much a complete newbie but was pretty impressed I even managed to get any kind of design in-game haha...

The following picture was literally for fun and testing how to get the design in-game, I knew it wasn't going to look right.

Well, I managed to import it ok, and got it on the lip area (needs much more to get the positioning right but was completely rushing it).

There was only two things I wanted to ask, which will be simple to creators...

1) Why is her face black? What on earth did I do wrong there?!

and

2) The area around the mouth and imported lipstick looks like I cut it squared (the lighter parts) even though I didn't, I cut around the lips...why is this?

Any help would be appreciated, I would really love to learn how to create custom content properly .

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:12 AM
This looks like a problem with the alpha channel of your texture. Could you attach the texture/a screenshot of it?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:03 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me trying to make lipstick.. (fixed it by leaving a default texture and just adding the mask I wanted.. XD

I don't know if it's helpful, I'm as newbie as is possible, but I think what made mine funky was that my photoshop (elements 5) doesn't actually have channels, everything was just layers which ended up getting flattened. I might be totally wrong, I dunno, it was impossible to find any tutorials that mentioned elements ^^;
(haa, this is my first post on this site ever)