Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 10:57 PM Last edited by cavmaster1128 : 21st Mar 2015 at 1:03 PM.
Default The Sims 4: Love It Or List It Challenge
Hello everyone, today I am bringing you a challenge that is based off of the TV show "Love It Or List It", where people are unhappy with their home, and a realtor and a designer battle. The realtor tries to find three new homes, and the designer tries to fix the old house. With that said, let's get into this.
SETUP:
Create a couple in CAS. Choose which is the realtor and which is the designer.
Clear the neighborhood (except for the non-residential lots)
Create one small, rundown home
Create a sim (or sims) living there that is unhappy with it

HOW TO PLAY:
To start, create your two sims. Clear the neighborhood except one home (it cannot be big, or you can create your own rundown one). Then, get sims off the gallery (or you can make them) that live there. You have to find three houses off of the gallery (you might want to space them out and number them), and place them in town. You can create your own time limit for renovating (the best would be two hours. Don't worry you can take breaks, just pause the timer) but don't go too high where it is easy to renovate. However, you have a certain budget for renovating a searching for new houses. The easiest for renovating would be 100,000 simoleons, average 85,000 simoleons, and hardest 60,000 simoleons. For searching for a home, easiest would be around 175,000 simoleons, medium 125,000 simoleons, and hardest 100,000 simoleons. You can choose your own difficulty. When you are finished with everything, roll a dice. Repeat this process until the sims are elders.

EARNING MONEY:
For every successful mission, you can give yourself: 25,000 simoleons (hard), 50,000 simoleons (medium), or 100,000simoleons (easy).

DICE NUMBER MEANINGS
1= Love It
2= Failed Mission
3= List It
4= Failed Mission
5= Love It
6= List It
If you get list it, you must roll again.
1= House #1
2= House #2
3= House #3

SCORING AND HOW TO WIN
For every "love it", give the designer 1,000 points. For every "list it", give the realtor 1,000 points. If you fail a mission, you must deduct 500 points off of both sims. Whoever has more points as the end wins that generation, and the heir of the family (you can choose) has to be the same role as the winner of that generation. If they are tied somehow, you can pick. Move in another sim to replace the sim that didn't win, and the heir and that sim will start the next generation. At the end of 5-10 generations, whichever role won more generations is the winner. If tied, roll a die. 1 for realtor, 2 for designer.

REMINDER:
They must have children. All generations have to to keep the challenge going.

If you have any suggestions, let me know! Also, leave comments, I am always delighted to see them!

IMPORTANT:
You might need to transfer your realtor and designer to different worlds so you can do the "Love It or List It" process as many times as you can. Make sure you have a fully updated save before that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 8:35 PM
I'll share my experience with you guys and feel free to share yours!

So, I made my two sims, Amber Shade (the designer) (sorry for awkward pictures) and Brian Stone (the realtor)

They just moved in to their first home, I didn't build it, so don't think I did. I'll credit the creator in the next post.

Anyways, Amber got her first renovation job with a family named the Grants. She was delighted to meet them, except for Joel, who did not seem happy with the idea of staying at the house. However, she met the rest of the family (Katrina (Caliente), Marjorie, Serena, and Renata). The children were extremely kind to her.

They showed her their poor home, which she was confident she could fix.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:31 AM
omg i love thissss, definitely going to try it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 10:49 PM
I might have to try this one out!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobthebuilder
I might have to try this one out!

Awesome! Tell me how you like it!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 2:00 AM
I'm not very good at legacy type gaming. Can someone explain this to me please:

Whoever has more points as the end wins that generation, and the heir of the family (you can choose) has to be the same role as the winner of that generation. If they are tied somehow, you can pick. Move in another sim to replace the sim that didn't win, and the heir and that sim will start the next generation.

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 12:04 AM
1 question when you're in build mode time doesn't pass so if you keep building you're sim will NEVER get old and you will be spending hours building...or did I misunderstand something