Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:10 PM
Default Fun with patch 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-611707888

As a reminder, if you have any problems patching or as a result of patching, head over to Game Help. But that shouldn't stop us from pointing and laughing.

No more Jesus Sims? Sims will no longer walk on water to view paintings placed on swimming pool walls

Is this a euphemism for something pedo? Ghost Hunter Sims can no longer “Show Off Banshee Banisher” to child Sims

EA just doesn't understand zen: Kleptomaniac Sims are no longer able to steal the holes created by the Miner invention
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:18 PM
Looks like they didn't fix the dig sites. Or if they did, it isn't listed.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:27 PM
EA's the best. They announced it but it is not live yet.
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nandonalt
EA's the best. They announced it but it is not live yet.

Then I take it back: EA does understand zen!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:56 PM
will it fix create a world. its not listed, but i'm hopeful :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM
It is listed as having been supposedly fixed. So cross your fingers and hope it isn't borked in some other way.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:05 PM
oooh! went to the Sims 3 site. apparently someone has patch trouble O.o
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:19 PM
My friend said that it didn't fix CAW, she might be wrong though, she's reinstalling CAW to see if that works

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:32 PM
I'm wondering what happened to 1.13.

Anyway, they seem to have fixed many annoying things, including CAW, so I will get it immediately.
Sim Princess in Pink
#10 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:37 PM
Thank god they are fixing the issue where you can not change households...that was really starting to piss me off!

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Forum Resident
#11 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:58 PM
No cure for Running Disease I see....
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:03 PM
wait, does this fix CAW? I get a 404 error on the link :/
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 8th Jul 2010 at 8:25 PM.
babaji: Create-a-World will now work properly once The Sims 3 Ambitions is installed

ETA: bummer
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
babaji: Create-a-World will now work properly once The Sims 3 Ambitions is installed
thanks, that is excellent news
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

that is such wonderful news!!
Theorist
#16 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:21 PM
No it doesn't I just tried it myself :/

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:26 PM
darn patch, its available now, and already, some of the mods aren't cooperating.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:36 PM
So create a world is still broken, nice to see they actually check that their patches do what they promise

Caw just closes for me, no messages, I just get the splash screen and it closes...
Scholar
#19 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:41 PM
Well, at least they changed something. It's not telling anymore that the memory may be corrupt, now it's telling it can't find the game data files. Or it shuts down randomly.

EA, you're really awesome!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 10:52 PM
*sits back and watches all the eager beavers report problems with the patch* A PATCH! a patch, a new shiny patch!

Take one for the team, O Ye brave souls! I'm gonna wait til someone can confirm this won't set my whole desk on fire.
"fixes CAW but tears large purple holes out of the ionosphere"

I hadn't noticed sims walking on water to see art!
"And Jesus walked about Twinbrook, multiplying the fish, bread and blue lots in all the land..."

I love how they ask us to take the doll file out of our game before patching. How many people are going to be like "huh, what doll?"
"If you have an object called "Girl Doll Dressed" in the Installed Content in your Launcher, please uninstall it. " you didn't say PRETTY please EA...
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:04 PM
Magical gnomes from Ambitions will now behavior appropriately

Since when "behavior" became a verb?
Theorist
#22 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:05 PM
My word, this is ridiculous.

Does reinstalling CAW make it work?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#23 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM
Well my launcher says there are no updates available so I have to say this so called "patches" are LIES AND PROPAGANDA.
Instructor
#24 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
did they say anything about fixing the laundry and dryer problem where your sims can't change after doing laundry?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:44 PM
My launcher lies and tells me I'm up to date too, Drakon.

You can read all the promises and claims about the patch firsthand here Aya Alexa

patch-o-rama
Page 1 of 4