Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:14 AM
Default automatically control pets
hi there, i was wondering, does anyone know of a mod or hack that allows you to control pets without needing to every time you play sims 2 to enter the cheats? i remember someone for sims 3 had a mod that automatically enabled debug buy mode, anyone know if a mod to auto enable pet control exists?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:33 AM
Make a user start up cheat with the cheats you use for control of pets and your good to go http://modthesims.info/t/84924

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:02 AM
Since I put the cheats in my user start up file it's so easy that I sometimes forget that I haven't just always been able to control pets. XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM
urgh i tried to make it myself but i can't get it working, anyone have a ready made cheats active file? it's fine if all cheats are active
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:20 PM
Make sure the file has the .cheat file extension (and not doc). Use Notepad to edit it. The game will only read cheats correctly entered - if you make a mistake, it will stop reading at that point.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 7:19 PM
can some one tell me the cheats you are specking about Plz.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 8:11 PM
You can read a list of all the cheats in the game at Game Help:Sims 2 Cheatswiki.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 8:13 PM
You can find a lot of the cheat codes in the readme that comes with each expansion (look in the Start Menu). The particular pet cheat referred to above is:
boolProp controlPets [true/false]
I think
There's also:
boolProp petActionCancel [true/false]

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 8:43 PM
As funny as it seems, i don't want to be able to control them. I like that I cannot, by default.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:21 PM
I just teach all the commands & that makes it easy for me to have my pets do what I want. Only thing that bugs me is the cats challenging each other (even wakes up a sleeping cat--I was all like wth?). I was so ticked one day I made a small room & use the moveObjects cheat to keep separating them. Not been playing pets long so that is my take for right now :-)

Kindnesses from our heart goes much farther than we shall ever know :-)

The best things in life are all the little things
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:27 PM
Are you still having trouble or did you get it solved? I can copy and paste my cheat file here if you still need one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:54 PM
Nysha ty for the help I am going to study it now
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tisjustmj
I just teach all the commands & that makes it easy for me to have my pets do what I want. Only thing that bugs me is the cats challenging each other (even wakes up a sleeping cat--I was all like wth?). I was so ticked one day I made a small room & use the moveObjects cheat to keep separating them. Not been playing pets long so that is my take for right now :-)

You may need lesspetwarfare from MATY. It stops the obsessive challenging.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 9:07 PM
Waves a white flag here--ack. I can't find the lesspetwarfare mod. I checked maty, but only came up with a thread & a page that wouldn't go anywhere. I now need that mod--as there are 3 other cats in that sim home (mama kitty had her kittens & every one is hyper--gads). The person who programmed the game with that stupid aspect needs a smack on their head (IMHO).

Mad Poster
#15 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 2:46 AM
As long as your profile info is up to date and Seasons is your latest EP then this should be the correct hack (about halfway down on the page).

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/hacks/
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 7:15 PM
Thank you, thank you. thank you Charity :-) Never would've found that page. There will now be peace in that simmy home. I did help the situation a bit by adding 1 more pet bed than there are kitties. Going to go install that right now--yippe :-).