Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 3:57 PM
Default Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen (SPOILER ALEART!)
It is announced, confirmed, and filming has started! Transformers 2 is in production, and from the little known, it will be better then the original.

Please post what you know so we can share and keep up on the movie.

What I have gathered;

Michael Bay and producer Steven Spielberg said in interviews that, if they ever made a sequel to "Transformers", they would make a big-screen adaptation of the Unicron Saga, since they feel it's the most logical plot for a sequel as it spans nearly every form of Transformers media.

Q. Will Megatron return?
It has been confirmed that Soundwave will play a role in Megatron's revival. To what extent is unknown, but we will see Soundwave in this next movie.

On MTV news, Michael Bay revealed "upwards of 20 robots will do battle in the sequel" also stating that he will focus on how the robots will be more fully and individually realized than on the number of robots. So more on their personalities, not just having them in the movie.

Erasing One Big Astounding Mistake All-around
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 4:04 PM
Another Transformers? I just saw the first one last night :doh. The action sequences were phenomenal and I'd love to see more of them (exploding things, yay!), but I thought the movie was lacking in most other areas and I hate Shia Labeouf with a passion. Michael Bay always makes good action movies, though, so I'll be looking forward to that aspect. I'm glad I waited for Netflix with the first one and will probably do the same with number two.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#3 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 8:09 PM
More robot battles will be cool. Does anybody know the names of the transformers that will appear in this movie?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 4:08 AM
Updated list of known transfomers!

Quote: Originally posted by sim0727
More robot battles will be cool. Does anybody know the names of the transformers that will appear in this movie?
Not for certainty. They are being very tight lipped about it.

Confirmed:
Optimus Prime
Megatron
Soundwave
Bumblebee
Ironhide
Barricade
Starscream
Arcee
Jetfire

Rumored;
Jazz
Ratchet
Wheeljack
Lazerbeak
The Twins
Stinger
Wheels
Scorponok
Devastator (Constructicon)
Ravage

Speculations of maybe'
Astrotrain

And if the story line follows as it is rumored;
Unicron
The Fallen

Now of interest, for those that know that a few weeks ago, GM announced that they were dropping their Hummer line of vehicles. Well this photo was taken on the set of T2, it is a Hummer X4 concept vehicle that was due out in 2010 painted and done up to look like a military vehicle.

One of the many vehicles that will be shown in the movie.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:18 PM
I am a big fan of Transformers (and my favorite one is my avatar :p). The first movie was awesome, but I thought it was lacking in the storyline.

They said there was no "2" in the title. Oh well, what matters is the AWESOME robots! I am soooooo waiting for the movie!

20 robots? That's just--insane!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:25 AM
Big Big Big!!!

Behind the scenes look at the filming of the upcoming movie.

Click only if you want to see parts of the actual film being shoot!

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08FhovwDFJWXY
Your first look behind-the-scenes of the Transformers sequel from Chanel 69 news.

Note, about half way through the video losses sound, click on the player bar half way back and the sound will work again.

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08GaceknvAFMV
Filmed on the set in Princeton, NJ, a Decepticon tries to make it's way through a windshield to get at Sam W.

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08F4npuDNOVWY

Some shots of Bumblebee's car being shot on the set of Transformers 2.

Edit, much much more.

This photo of a old Chinese Ice Cream Truck is said to split into twin Autobots in the movie.

Arcee is confirmed now, with a twist!

This is the 3-wheeled Can-Am Spyder. There is three of them used in the film. Here is the twist, all three of them are Arcee. They combine to make her up as a single transformer! And here is a photo of her hologram riders on set.

Also the toper which I am exited about. The construticons are said to be in the film! That means DEVISTATOR!

And finally, Jetfire will also be in the film, appearing as a Deception that the Autobots will be hunting for in hiding. This is Jetfire.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 3:40 AM
It's official now: the first movie trailer of Transformers 2, aka Transformers Revenge of the Fallen will air during the Superbowl 2009, on February 1, 2009!

I doubt it will be a full length Transformers 2 movie trailer, most probably a teaser, but we should get our first glimps of what may be instore for the next movie.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 5:00 AM
If you missed the Super Bowl spot, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riyyI0fuKWI

Note, you can see Ravage in this add spot, as well as a few others. The monstrously large transformer seen in the end was rumored to be the constructicon combiner "Devastator".

Theorist
#9 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:51 PM
Stupid Question...we know from the first movie that they get their "Earthly" forms by analyzing vehicles they see...Bumblebee becomes a camaro, Optimus Prime "scans" a semi, and becomes, you know...Prime. However...from a continuity standpoint, why would Jetfire be an SR-71 Blackbird? They have been retired for 11 years now. Unless Jetfire is at a military or air museum, it is unlikely he would come across one on an active military base. From the photo, it is an air museum...okay, fine...but why would a Transformer not choose a body until visiting a museum? You would think the Decepticons would scout out current military aircraft. I guess I have a problem with them choosing a Blackbird, because it is decommissioned. It doesn't make tactical sense, because it cannot camoflauge itself with the other military aircraft. The only place it can really hide is in museums. Perhaps a F-117 would have been more appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:01 PM
From my understanding, and keep in mind, Bay has said he intends to release a ton of misinformation about this film. Is that Jetfire had been in hiding for years. That he's part of the museum as he hides.

If you remember back to the original 80's toon, Jetfire started out as neither Autobot or Decepticon. But became one out of lies and friendship to Starscream. But later choose to hide from the war in the ice.

In a way, he continues to take that role this way, choosing to be out of the war. As hiding as a museum piece.

Here is an extended version of the video released during the Super Bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rDB...player_embedded

On a note because of the name of the movie, the toy of "The Fallen" has been released.

Take note, he is a Cybertron Jet.

As well as Pics of Devastator in concept art.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...achmentid=14031

Also, Megatron is to be in the movie, but not as a jet, but a Cybertron tank.

And lastly a count on the Transformers in this movie.

About 40 total.

At Least 5 combiner group total.
At Least 2 Triple changers

Theorist
#11 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 9:25 PM
Devastator is going to rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?