Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:04 PM
Default Doctor Who
Does this really need an explanation? One of the greatest sci-fi shows ever created, in my opinion- what do you think of it? What did you say to the news that Rusty, *ahem* sorry, Russel T. Davies was leaving as producer- and that Steven Moffat was replacing him? I for one am loving the idea of a haunted Christmas ep. Bring it on- it'll be so much better than some of the stuff they've been coming up with so far!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:35 PM
I love it. I didn't watch it much when I was little (the Daleks were too scary for me!!), but I've been completely hooked since the new episodes (Christopher Eccleston/Billy Piper, up to the current ones) started coming out. I'm not sure when we're going to get the most recent series though...I'm in withdrawal at the moment.

Not sure how losing Russell T. Davies as exec. producer will go. Based on what I hear from UK family, possibly it is no great loss. As I say, I haven't seen the more recent episodes so I can't really comment on them. I love the Steven Moffat episodes that I have seen - Blink was one of the freakiest things I'd seen in quite a while. Other episodes of his such as The Empty Child and The Girl In The Fireplace are also well and truly amongst my favourites.

I'm also a big Torchwood fan. I've got S2 on preorder at the moment because I suspect that pigs will take to the skies before it appears on our screens

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 8:41 PM
One of the greatest sci-fi shows ever invented, I agree. Love it! I was a little put off by the newest Dr. at first, because he reminded me a bit of Steve(?) from Blue's Clues, but now I like him better than the last guy.
I miss Rose, though. I'm not that fond of the new companion. Rose was spirited, driven, brave, and just more interesting.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:21 PM
I LOVE Martha, I really do. She's a little soppy, but hey....
I though I'd hate Catherine Tate at first, but I love her even more than Ms Jones. She challenges the Doctor for once!
And yeah, Fiahlord, she's pretty damn feisty.

Empty Child, Blink and Tooth and Claw are my favourites. Tennant is doing so well is the role, I don't want to see him go

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
#5 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:26 PM
I love Doctor Who! Rose is still my favorite. Though I do think Donna is amazingly wonderful. Martha is alright. I don't know why but she just...annoys me for some reason. Perhaps it was the way she acted whenever the Doctor talked about Rose. Her face was always like, "Oh, you're talking about her again." But other wise she was okay.

Right now I'm just super excited about Rose's return. Though I am afraid of what may happen to her....
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:31 PM
I love the show so much i frequently dream about it :P.
im glad steven is taking over because his episodes are alot more creative and i loved his double episode last week.
alissa: is tennant going??!???
Theorist
#7 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:54 PM
I think Donna has a hilarious saying in EVERY EPISODE!
From "What.. Too salty?!" to "what? .. I've been dieting!"
:D

For a mini-series the doctor is going to to be female... this is going to be one funny, funny series I think! XD

I'm in love with Doctor Who, I admit it!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:29 PM
I love that 'mate' quote! Brilliant moment! And when she was trying to speak to him through the door and window in the season opener while the guys had the other girl tied up at Adipose. :laugh:

Woman in veil: None of this is real. *melodramatic 'oh, we're all technically bits of binary data, your kids aren't real' etc*
Donna: So this is a virtual reality? AND I'VE BEEN DIETING!

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:07 AM
I think I may be falling in love with the Doctor, myself. I'll never be able to watch Blues Clues with my daughter again! (J/K)
I've only recently rediscovered Dr. Who. I had no idea Rose was coming back...
I wonder if the female Dr. has anything to do with the episode I saw last week? Eeek! Nevermind, don't tell me anything. I'm banned from this thread.
Donna has some good lines, but she's a bit whiny. She's gotten better since the first couple of episodes that I saw her in. Does she remind anyone else of Molly Shannon, or is it just me?

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eva Aisling
One of the greatest sci-fi shows ever invented, I agree. Love it! I was a little put off by the newest Dr. at first, because he reminded me a bit of Steve(?) from Blue's Clues, but now I like him better than the last guy.
I miss Rose, though. I'm not that fond of the new companion. Rose was spirited, driven, brave, and just more interesting.
Ergh... if you say so. Personally, she annoyed me. I think it was the voice, combined with the general chavviness.

Quote: Originally posted by musefair
Martha is alright. I don't know why but she just...annoys me for some reason. Perhaps it was the way she acted whenever the Doctor talked about Rose. Her face was always like, "Oh, you're talking about her again." But other wise she was okay.
That was a bit pathetic, but I can see where she's coming from- she'd fallen head over heels for the Doctor, and all he ever did was compare her to his ex, who to be frank, had no chance of coming back (at the time, anyway).

Quote: Originally posted by fiahlord
I love when she said, "You just want to mate? ... Well you're not mating with me sunshine." I so love that quote.
I laughed so hard at that quote. Trust Donna!

And the dieting... well, I'd be a bit annoyed too, to be honest.
Alchemist
#11 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:19 PM
Yeah, It was quite sad when they dissappeared and donna was screaming and crying.
Theorist
#12 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 5:17 PM
Thing is.. That episode wasn't made for her (?) Yep, I'm Right!
Watching the "Classified" version of the show, An interview with the writers and Directors etc, Said that 'The Library' was an idea jotted down in the first series, continued into the second and so on, UNTIL it came to the current series and it was finally put in! Donna's part was changed (slightly obviously) but the story had to be the same. Thats why in some scenes she acts like the Donna we know, and others (For instance, the last part of the 'Donna's Dream' act when her perfect husband comes back to find her and she simply goes "Its not real, Nothing, Nothing of this is real" etc) She acts like a combination of all of the three assistants.

I was freaked out by the face, It was a shock to me because I wasn't concentrating on the TV until that moment and her 'face' was staring into Donna's soul with her cold eyes that... *Snaps out of it*

I'm waffling

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 5:21 PM
Which face moment was that?

Yeah, I felt so bad for her when the kids disappeared! And she was promising them that they wouldn't just 'stop' because she did etc...
I had no idea it wasn't written for her, wow, she did pretty good!

Theorist
#14 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 5:30 PM
That makes two!

Alissa: The time when she begins to remember the Doctor and the Library. When the veiled lady is talking to her and Donna Gets mad and pulls the veil off. THAT FACE!?!!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 7:06 PM
OH! That face.

Donna: Why're you wearing that veil? If I had a face like yours, I wouldn't hide it. *pulls off veil, moments later, you see that the lady's wearing the veil again. Donna obviously changed her mind.*

I felt pretty bad for the lady and the little girl when she was like 'I have the two qualities needed to make a genius. I am brilliant and I am unloved' and the little girl's sitting there going. 'Yup, that about sums it up'.
And at the part where the lady's explaining why she can see through the whole 'Matrix' thing, and she was like 'I was copied wrong, but my IQ decimal point was moved, therefore I am brilliant. You are a perfect reproduction (you're still stupid)'...

Theorist
#16 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 7:15 PM
Haha, I missed that humor from the freaky face evil lady with fish eyes.

Oh well, The fish-eyed humor will be lost forever...

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 10:58 PM
Commenting on the series as a whole(the modern ones).

I do like Doctor Who, howether it is very hit and miss. It's doing well at the moment. The Library two parter, tonights episode and the remainder of this series are/will be brilliant. The finale's are always good.

Think the assistants are getting worse, Rose was by far the best,
#18 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 1:52 AM
I'm just wondering something here...I was on the IMDB board for Doctor Who and someone mentioned an interview where either the writers or one of the writers said the Doctor was in love with Rose.

Does this interview or article or whatever actually exist or not?

Anyway, I was also wondering what everyone else thought about the Doctor and Rose, because some people seem to disagree with whether he was actually IN love with her or not.

I personally thought he was and still is (hopefully).

Also, I don't know if I'm correct or not about this...the Doctor was always touching Rose, he was constantly holding her hand, has he done that with either Martha or Donna? I don't remember him ever holding Martha's hand, granted I didn't really watch the third season very much, and I don't think Donna would let him hold hers. :D
Theorist
#19 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 4:17 AM
There is no way that the Doctor WASN'T in love with Rose. He just cannot admit such things, nor can the writers give away something like that. The storylines always worked better when his feelings for Rose were at least on the surface, ambiguous. Deep down though, there are enough hints that I think there is definitely some unrequited love going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musefair
Anyway, I was also wondering what everyone else thought about the Doctor and Rose, because some people seem to disagree with whether he was actually IN love with her or not.

Also, I don't know if I'm correct or not about this...the Doctor was always touching Rose, he was constantly holding her hand, has he done that with either Martha or Donna? I don't remember him ever holding Martha's hand, granted I didn't really watch the third season very much, and I don't think Donna would let him hold hers. :D
Whether it exists or not, I think it's probably a general consensus that he was sort of in love with her. He did hold Martha's hand a bit, but nowhere near as many times as he held Rose's.

On the other hand, I think all the assistants have done some good for him- Martha got him to talk about his past, Donna got him to snap out of his angsty stupor and Rose taught him how to love again.
#21 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 12:32 AM
I love Doctor Who. It's my soul. I'm not gonna lie, it borders on obsession. The other night I had a dream where there was this guy who looked part new Doctor Who, part Jude Law... And Chuck Norris had a sonic screwdriver. No lie. And I kissed Jude Who. o.O It was strange. But it was the best dream I've had since I was 5 and dreamed I was Cinderella.... Okay, back to the point.

In my opinion, The Doctor loved Rose. He was definately always touching her. In the past series of Doctor Who, he never seemed to connect with his other companions the way he did with Rose. She had a way of being honest about what she thought that was different for him, I think. And, if you all remember, in the end of the Rose & Doctor part of the series, when she traveled to Daleek(not Dalek) Bay, he ALMOST told her he loved her then his power gave out. I cried for quite awhile after that.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:28 PM
I love Doctor Who! Turn Left was crazy! Gah Saturday get here quick!!
Alchemist
#23 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:56 PM
Me too! i dream about it almost every night, its kinda addictive
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 4:41 PM
I felt pretty bad for alternative Donna, though she did get ridiculously whiney at one point, I think? And God, Rose has changed! She'd have never have let anyone die by tricking them before!

EDIT: What the hell?! a) Why are the Daleks all listening to some Octopus that needs prozac and b) DAVID TENNANT! Why?!

#25 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 7:52 PM
Oh. My. God.

That is all.
Page 1 of 5