Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 1:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets
Default TS3 is too bright and saturated?
So I've gone through the wringer with my game the past week. Graphics card issues, CC issues, etc. I seem to have finally fixed all of my problems and everything is running smoothly. However, I have a new issue. (My luck.)

My game is appearing extremely bright and saturated. Even with 'sim detail' on high, I am unable to see intricate facial details, like custom "face pores" makeup in CAS. However, when I go into 'options' mode, or open 'NRAAS' menus, the brightness seems to return to normal. It goes back to being overly saturated when I exit those, though.

I never had this problem before I reinstalled all my games, and (finally) got my graphics card recognized. I've seen a lot of posts online about their game being too dark, but not many about it being too bright. I am thoroughly confused as to why this might be happening.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you been able to fix it? Do you know why this is happening? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you need my specs or any other information.

Thank you and have a great day!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 4:05 AM
How about trying a lighting mod? I like the ones from Burnt Waffles: http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nosnahnnylamme
So I've gone through the wringer with my game the past week. Graphics card issues, CC issues, etc. I seem to have finally fixed all of my problems and everything is running smoothly. However, I have a new issue. (My luck.)

My game is appearing extremely bright and saturated. Even with 'sim detail' on high, I am unable to see intricate facial details, like custom "face pores" makeup in CAS. However, when I go into 'options' mode, or open 'NRAAS' menus, the brightness seems to return to normal. It goes back to being overly saturated when I exit those, though.

I never had this problem before I reinstalled all my games, and (finally) got my graphics card recognized. I've seen a lot of posts online about their game being too dark, but not many about it being too bright. I am thoroughly confused as to why this might be happening.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you been able to fix it? Do you know why this is happening? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you need my specs or any other information.

Thank you and have a great day!

Did you tweak your nvidia control panel settings? If so, reset to default.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
How about trying a lighting mod? I like the ones from Burnt Waffles: http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod

That's not a bad idea, actually. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Did you tweak your nvidia control panel settings? If so, reset to default.

I have recently, actually. I'll try resetting them. Thanks for the suggestion!