Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:10 PM Last edited by nosnahnnylamme : 2nd Oct 2016 at 10:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets
Default Pose Player Glitch - Poses don't work from the waist down!
Hi, everyone.

I have been trying to solve this problem for about three days. I feel as if I have tried everything, and am at a loss.

I downloaded cmomoney's Pose Player for TS3 earlier this week. I had no problem downloading the mod, and placed it in my mods folder along with a few poses I found from Tumblr. Before I went in game, I deleted all my cache files.

Once in game, I went to Decor>Miscellaneous. I found the pose player object and placed it near my sim. Everything seemed to be working. I clicked on the object, and then clicked on "Select Pose From List". I pressed play and the menu came up. I selected a pose. This is where my problem starts. No matter which pose I select, this happens: http://tinyurl.com/poseplayerproblem1. The first thing I did was try another pose by the same creator. Same problem. Then I tried a pose by a different creator. The exact same thing happened. Here is a picture of when I tried a different pose: http://tinyurl.com/poseplayerproblem2.
As you can see, from the waist up, the pose works perfectly. But from the waist down, everything is glitched. Although, to me, it looks as if the problem may start with the knees.

The next thing I tried was resetting my sim, to no avail.
I then gave up and exited the game, going straight to google to try and see if anyone else had experienced this problem. I found nothing, absolutely nothing. I reworded and reworded, but there was nothing! I can't find ANYONE who has had this problem!
The next day I went in game again. For some reason, I decided to try to pose my sim again.
It worked.
Here's a picture: http://tinyurl.com/poseplayerproblem3. As you can see, I used the same pose I had tried the day before. So it clearly isn't a problem with the poses. Nor with my sliders, which I had initially suspected to be the problem.

The reason I am posting this now is because today, when I went in game to take some more pictures, the problem came back. I've tried resetting the sim, restarting my game, evicting the sim and moving her back in, deleting the pose player object and replacing it, turning testingcheats on, turning testingcheats off, resetting the ENTIRE lot with Master Controller, restarting my game again, and again until I got to the point where my brain was about to explode.
When I reset the sim with Master Controller, and then try to use a pose, my sim ends up looking like this: http://tinyurl.com/poseplayerproblem4. When I cancel that pose and try another, my sim stands completely still, but does not pose at all. http://tinyurl.com/poseplayerproblem5.

I hope someone, somewhere can help me troubleshoot this problem. I feel as if I have tried everything. Right after I post this I'm going to try one more time, because I have deleted and re-downloaded the mod, in a last attempt to fix this.
If that doesn't work I'll try a factory reset and see if any CC or mods are causing this.
I'll let you know if any of that works, but in the meantime, if you have any ideas or suggestions, they would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading this (lengthy, I apologize) post. I hope you all are having a great day!
Just keep simming!

(Edit: Ignore the attached file. I was trying to figure out how to show you the pictures, but decided on links instead. The attached file is the same as the first link.)

Update:

So I tried one last thing after deleting and redownloading Pose Player didn't work, as I didn't want to have to try a factory reset just quite yet.

I started a new game, new save, new everything. The only thing that isn't different is the sims themselves and the lot (I saved both to the bin before I started the new game).

It worked! The poses are working fine now, waist down and all! (For now, anyway). Though I do have a feeling the problem might show up again, so if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening, I'm all ears.

(Edit Two: Someone please help me. The problem came back.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:53 PM
It worked in a new game with the sims....
Have you cleared your caches?
If clearing caches doesn't help, try moving your Documents Sims 3 folder to a safe place outside the game, going into the game so that it generates a new one, then adding a fresh Framework and moving just the Pose Player and a couple of the problem poses into your new Packages folder. Test a while with some of the EA sims.

Then, if that is working, move your own sims in and test with them. If the problem stays gone, start slowly moving stuff into your new game until the problem starts, and test long enough to be sure the problem isn't likely to return before moving anything else in.

My completely off-the-wall guess is that there is a custom outfit or slider that is not reacting properly with the pose player, but that's just a wild guess.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook