Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 5:30 AM
Any tutorials on how to make custom clothing meshes for The Sims 3?
Hi I'm new to this site and have been looking on the net all day for a tutorial on creating custom clothes meshes for The Sims 3. However I have only been able to find ones for The Sims 2 and as I am a total dumbass on things like photoshop and whatever I haven't been able to figure it out. I have also checked this site for something and I got the same result. Please help as I think its about time I started creating stuff and adding it on here! If I have just missed a thread where it gave a tutorial for The Sims 3 then forgive me and please email me and I'll delete this thread. Thank you in advamce!

x-Mollie-x
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 7:18 AM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 10:50 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 21st Nov 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Unfortunately, those tutorials are mostly about making textures (the only tutorial listed there which is about making clothes meshes, using TSR Workshop, has a non-working link), and the only clothes mesh tutorials I know of here are for The Sims 2. But, if you work through 'Modifying a TS3 body mesh by Wes Howe' under that link, it's not actually about a body mesh but a sunglasses mesh, but it will give you a good start if you have no idea how to mesh - I had no idea myself, and that tutorial is where I first began to learn how to do it. Also under that link, reading through the general CAS texture-related tutorials will give you an idea about how to make textures for your mesh, and the tutorials are all based on Photoshop (as well as GIMP), so they will help you with how to use Photoshop too.

Then you can work your way through the TS2 clothing mesh tutorials, ignoring the beginning and end sections where they discuss Bodyshop and SimPE and so on, but just read through the middle sections where they discuss using Milkshape and UV maps, as that is the same as TS3. You might also find it useful to read through the Sims 3 Creation forum, under the 'Create' menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 11:37 AM
Thanks for the help you two, much appreciated!
x-Mollie-x