Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#376 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 9:31 PM
You want to play it in game? Sure, that's what you edited it for, right?

If you want to use that version instead of the original Appaloosa, just replace the old Appaloosa Plains world with your new one (but make sure you keep a backup of the original for when you patch, and be sure to keep the WPID the same). If you want to have your version of Appaloosa as well as the original then just change the WPID, as mentioned here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430249
And install it as you would with any custom world.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#377 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 6:01 PM
im trying to edit a premade world.
whenever i try and save the world or try and edit it the way i like it it crashes and comes up with a box saying "attempted to read or write protected memory"
its all up to date got no CC in any folders and ive done all steps this link tells me to do http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
all the files are set so i can edit them in security options.
cleared the cache files and ran the LAA program from the link (above) .
dont wanna reinstall everything have already re installed caw tool 3 times today and my abase game with exp packs the other day cuz of the update.
Lab Assistant
#378 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 9:55 AM
Simsample thanks

But I have problems...

I adjusted the game, then save. She closed the editor. Reopened and gave the world export. Export was ok. Then we started SIm3 and gave a new game with my world (I wiped WPID, so I EAversion and my version) ...
Bad, bad .....
The whole area is yellow!
When I zoom in the camera is a bit better when I zoom in the camera so much more it turns black, or turns blue, or the image will disappear ...
So we started again. Now, no major modifications. I just erase those silly white fences in the city center ... All ok. But again, when I will open the world of the game is so yellow: (
Now I hate yellow .. and it was my favorite color!
Test Subject
#379 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:13 AM Last edited by simsample : 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:11 PM. Reason: Snipped large quote
Default Unable to open new world
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
(I call this the 'First Method')

Originally devised by HystericalParoxysm, drowssap and others who experimented with this.

I have tried a few times to use this method so I can edit a world in CAW and get the following messages:

Unable to load file. 'C:\Users\Rosemary\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\R.world':Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

and

The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta has crashed!

Exception information:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Forum Resident
#380 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:51 AM
Do you have LAA hooked up and running?

Take a peek at this thread, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#381 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:10 PM
@Neaschletenram- Which world is it, and which method are you using? Have you tried both methods?

@Kniga- Sounds like an issue with the colour ramps or ini files, go to this thread and get the files for Appaloosa Plains from post #3:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198
Import them to your world and it should look normal!

@rosesareredtoo- Further to auntielynds' reply, have you tried the second method? Also remember to do 'file> save as' on the first save.
Test Subject
#382 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 7:00 PM
Very basic question
Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World. Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport (Don't put the .world extension there, just the name).

What do you mean when you say "Find your packed world file"?
At first I thought you meant create a new world in the game (In my case, I want to tweak Twinbrook), and that would be the "packed world file" you are referring to. But when you save a town, there are 4 files in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\TWINBROOKE folder (1a5tf1l3.dat, Meta.data, TravelDB.package, Twinbrook_0x09b610fa.nhd) and the only one that is a .package is TravelDB.package, which I believe is the vacation destinations, is it not? and there are NO .world files in it at all.

Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#383 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 12:31 AM
Default so confused?
is it possible for someone to have done those steps and just upload the unedited world for others to download?
I cant seem to get this to work with Neverglade, which is a user made world. I do all the steps in Ink's tutorial and when I get to the part where you open your world in Caw after doing everything in S3pe, Caw just crashes.

Origin id: Navikats
In the Arena
retired moderator
#384 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 3:13 PM
@Pixie_child,
it is to edit Premade worlds, not premade Saves.
A packed .world file is any .world file in the default paths Template:TS3Worldpathswiki for the games.
Or if you're editing a 3rd-party custom-made world, they would be in InstalledWorlds path. Make sure you have the World creator's permission to edit and share them unless it is for personal use, though.

@navidadia,
Does CAW crash only with this world? Does it crash if you start a small world and work on it? Does the world creator's policy allow for his creations to be edited and shared? If not, it is usually a common courtesy to ask and check. Unless they have a very open policy of share-n-share alike and they don't care.
Test Subject
#385 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
@Pixie_child,
it is to edit Premade worlds, not premade Saves.
A packed .world file is any .world file in the default paths Template:TS3Worldpathswiki for the games.
Or if you're editing a 3rd-party custom-made world, they would be in InstalledWorlds path. Make sure you have the World creator's permission to edit and share them unless it is for personal use, though.

Awesome! It was a game-world so that helped. I have another problem now, though. According to CAW, you need to edit the world in-game to delete lots, but after I've done so, the game won't let me save my actions.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#386 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 6:01 AM
The game won't let you save while in EIG, how? What's the error message? What happens then, it crash back to CAW? Is CAW still functional then or crash to desktop at that point?

If you want to delete the whole Lot, ie remove its placement within the world, you can do it in CAW.
Unless you want to delete the objects on the lot, like the house or other objects, that's when you need to do it in EIG, while still retaining the Lot placement within the world.
Test Subject
#387 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
The game won't let you save while in EIG, how? What's the error message? What happens then, it crash back to CAW? Is CAW still functional then or crash to desktop at that point?

If you want to delete the whole Lot, ie remove its placement within the world, you can do it in CAW.
Unless you want to delete the objects on the lot, like the house or other objects, that's when you need to do it in EIG, while still retaining the Lot placement within the world.

I attached a screencapture of the error message (the first attachment). And to answer your question, it does crash back to CAW (without the changes), but apparently, I can't even save the game that way. When I try, it freezes for a few minutes and doesn't give me the normal (changes made) Game Saved! message. Instead, it just goes back to normal, but then when I try to re-open the world, it says it can't read the file (second attachment). DO you know why this is happening or how to fix it?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#388 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 11:02 PM
The first error shows that you have some corrupt lots that aren't saving. Just to check, did you remove the sims from the world? If you did not but you removed the lots, that could cause a problem. Also, remember that CAW and EIG use a lot of system resources- so try removing a few lots and save, and then reboot your PC and delete a few more. Another thing- you aren't attempting to remove the base lots in EIG, just to delete the buildings from them?

The second error shows that there are resources missing from your world file, so that CAW cannot identify it correctly. You could replace the packed file resources, but it's likely that other resources are missing/corrupt too, so I would recommend to start over or restore a backup.
Test Subject
#389 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 4:44 PM
The first error shows that you have some corrupt lots that aren't saving. Just to check, did you remove the sims from the world? If you did not but you removed the lots, that could cause a problem. Also, remember that CAW and EIG use a lot of system resources- so try removing a few lots and save, and then reboot your PC and delete a few more. Another thing- you aren't attempting to remove the base lots in EIG, just to delete the buildings from them?

I did try deleating entire lots using EIG. How do I go about removing the sims?

The second error shows that there are resources missing from your world file, so that CAW cannot identify it correctly. You could replace the packed file resources, but it's likely that other resources are missing/corrupt too, so I would recommend to start over or restore a backup.

What sort of backup? Sorry, do you mean just the original file from when I used the instructions on the first page here?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#390 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 5:32 PM
To remove the sims you need to use a mod, such as NRaas Master Controller (total annihilation) or Awesomemod (destroyallhumans).

By backup I meant that if you made a safe copy before you entered EIG mode you could restore it. But if you did not, start again.
Test Subject
#391 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 5:56 PM
To remove the sims you need to use a mod, such as NRaas Master Controller (total annihilation) or Awesomemod (destroyallhumans).

By backup I meant that if you made a safe copy before you entered EIG mode you could restore it. But if you did not, start again.

I admit that I am very likely being dence, but a mod is something that you download and install, as if it is an item from TH3 store, right? Where would I find it? And can it be used in CAW?

Thank you for all the help so far.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#392 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 6:49 PM
Yes, a mod is somethng you need to download and install, but not as with Sims3Packs (which is what you get from the Sims 3 Store). Instead you need to follow this procedure:
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki

Also, read this so that you understand about CC:
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki

This is where you get Master Controller from:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

And this is where you get Awesomemod from:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html

What you should know is that Master Controller is a script mod, and Awesome is a core mod. Information on that here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Termino...logy%20FAQ-Mods
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Termino...20FAQ-Core-Mods
You should also know that you need to be fully patched to use these mods, and also you should read all instructions and documentation for these mods before installing (although you may find it hard to find any documentation for Awesome).

These mods can't be used in CAW- you need to be in Edit-in-Game mode to have these work. I would suggest that you backup all of your game files, install one of the mods and familiarise yourself with it in-game before attempting to use it in EIG.
Test Subject
#393 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 7:13 PM
Yes, a mod is somethng you need to download and install, but not as with Sims3Packs (which is what you get from the Sims 3 Store). Instead you need to follow this procedure:
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki

Also, read this so that you understand about CC:
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki

This is where you get Master Controller from:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

And this is where you get Awesomemod from:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html

What you should know is that Master Controller is a script mod, and Awesome is a core mod. Information on that here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Termino...logy%20FAQ-Mods
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Termino...20FAQ-Core-Mods
You should also know that you need to be fully patched to use these mods, and also you should read all instructions and documentation for these mods before installing (although you may find it hard to find any documentation for Awesome).

These mods can't be used in CAW- you need to be in Edit-in-Game mode to have these work. I would suggest that you backup all of your game files, install one of the mods and familiarise yourself with it in-game before attempting to use it in EIG.

I've tried to go about this in various ways and I can't seem to make it work. Even trying to save the file in CAW without having made ANY changes at all, it still crashes. Do you know if there is any way to find an empty map (or at least a flat one) about the same size with lots of roads already made?
Test Subject
#394 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 7:49 PM
I tried to just say screw it and make a new one using a flat 100x100 map, but I am having trouble with the roads. Is there any way to ensure that they are matching uo with the intersections?
Forum Resident
#395 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 8:22 PM
There's some beginner tutorials for roads under the "Roads & Bridges" section of the FAQ. Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting
Test Subject
#396 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
There's some beginner tutorials for roads under the "Roads & Bridges" section of the FAQ. Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#397 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 7:54 PM
Okay, now to be able to "export it", that means to save it so I can use it in-game, right? I need to create a 24-colour PNG fine, and I have no idea how to do it. The only image-editing program I have is MS Paint, and you don't get any choices on the colour format. (I used to have Photoshop, but the license expired). How do I do this?
Forum Resident
#398 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 12:15 AM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#399 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 1:46 PM
Pixie_child, how to use CAW is a little out of the scope of this thread, which is for the discussion of editing premade worlds. Please see our tutorials for CAW basics:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_CAW_Tutorials
We have a helpful sticky here too:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=463191

If you have any further questions then please create a new thread in the CAW forum. Thanks!
Test Subject
#400 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:38 PM
Okay, I'm having trouble here. I've already had Moonlight Falls edited and ready, exported okay. Installed alright, added the original parameters according to Simsample's tutorial, everything went right.

Except that the world opens, but if I try to save or save as it gives me code 12. How? Just so you know, it's only with this world, I can play for hours in any other world, and save with no problems.
Page 16 of 23