Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:59 AM
Default Is there a mod to stop browsing at the blacksmith booth?
I love watching the sims browse the booths at the merchant, but at the blacksmith booth, this is a big problem. There is only one booth and everyone wants to browse it at the same time my blacksmith wants to sell something. He can only sell about 1/3 of the time. The rest of the time, he just stomps his feet and whines that he can't get to his booth because someone is browsing it. I just wonder if you can keep the autonomous browsing at the merchant, but ditch the browsing at the blacksmith stall?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:11 AM
The way I have cured this problem for my blacksmith, Qyall Quartz, is to take control of the sims that are in the way of him selling, and force them upstairs to gussy up in the mirror. I use teleportation to send them there, and also teleport my blacksmith to his stall. Sometimes, when most of the browsing sims are in the house, I lock them inside, using the mod that allows for locking doors, which is Grims Medieval Core latest version. If another of my hero sims is on the quest with my blacksmith, I have them converse with an intruding NPC and keep them busy while Qyall sells. If you decide to take control of the npc's, you have to release your control of them before your blacksmith can sell to them, or the game will consider them a quest partner, and one cannot sell to any sims who are a part of a quest. Remember to unlock the door if you locked them, also.

You may have not noticed, but the game sends sims (npc's) to browse the blacksmith's stall when the blacksmith is trying to sell, I suppose to irritate the player, and make it triple hard to sell. But I have learned how to beat the game at its aimed goals. It may seem hard at first, but becomes easier as you go. You can control as many sims as you like, but only 4 will be visible on your screen, so try and keep the control down to 4, and do not release them until your blacksmith has completed the sell. Usually having the npc gussy up in a mirror is just the right amount of time it takes for the blacksmith to make one sale.

Another thing I do to draw npc sims away from, and also to the yard is to put a small table in his yard away from the stall, and on it I put a music box, as npc sims love listening to it, and will be kept busy while Qyall sells. I have always done this for my Trader, though she doesn't need it. I put 3 music boxes in her lot. I have found nothing else that draws sims to her lot more than a music box.

Good Luck!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:43 AM
There is only one Market Stall XML file that I can find and it's for all market stalls, not just the one at the Blacksmith shop. In it, you can only change how long sims browse at the stalls, that's it, and that would be for how long each individual sim would be browsing. I don't see a way to make a mod like you request, kewpie.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:28 PM
Xeny gave some good advice! Also thanks for looking into the situation, blue. I think I'll try distracting them with something like a music box or a card table first and then I'll use taking them over and forcing them out of the way as a last resort.
Inventor
#5 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:34 PM
You're welcome.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .