Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 4:24 PM Last edited by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree : 1st Oct 2016 at 5:01 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Problem with Ep data
I'm sorry for posting so often but i've got another problem. I described my problem in this thread and i decided to delete half of the eps and get my game back to normal since my computer is not meant to have all that i wanted. I didn't mentioned that my game lagged so much and crashed few minutes after opening CAS plus loading cc very slow. I played a family for 5 minutes just to test how the game works and i saved it for a stupid reason and backuped it. And when i deinstalled eps i don't need and oped the game to play i saw that the family was trasparent and wont open with the message "Emira City Cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system." What should i do? I understand the issue and that i can only access that family by installing those eps again but whats the point when i cant play it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 6:43 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 1st Oct 2016 at 7:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree
I'm sorry for posting so often but i've got another problem. I described my problem in this thread and i decided to delete half of the eps and get my game back to normal since my computer is not meant to have all that i wanted. I didn't mentioned that my game lagged so much and crashed few minutes after opening CAS plus loading cc very slow. I played a family for 5 minutes just to test how the game works and i saved it for a stupid reason and backuped it. And when i deinstalled eps i don't need and oped the game to play i saw that the family was trasparent and wont open with the message "Emira City Cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system." What should i do? I understand the issue and that i can only access that family by installing those eps again but whats the point when i cant play it.

I’ve read your previous thread, and to answer your questions, first of all, regardless your computer’s spec.. in TS3.. you need to separates lags/freezes problem with loading time problem..

Let’s start with your computer’s spec, to run Windows 7 Ultimate version though it’s the 32bit version which only needs 3gb ram max for 32bit system, it may be too heavy for your processor in the background while you’re running TS3, that’s for Windows 7 Ultimate alone without counting everything else you run in the background like antivirus etc.. , you only have 3gb rams as your system is limited to 3gb rams maximum, and Windows 32bit don’t have the WoW (Windows on Windows) system.., so for this I’d suggest to downgrade your Win 7 version to Home Basic 32bit so you can free up and lighten up your processor’s workload with less attributes working in the background.., try to reduce any other programs running in the background will helps freeing up the workloads for your system in overall, note: there’s another lighter version from Win 7 Home Basic which is the Win 7 Starter but it’s limited to 2gb rams max only.

For lags/freezes problem, assuming you don’t have bad mods/cc installed, the nature of TS3 is simulating the real world we’re living, so there’s a limit for your computer when it reached that certain points and it will starting with a bit lags and may ended up with freezes.., you might want to read this thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=575570 about lags and freezes that has been discussed previously, and that’s how I reduced my lags and prevent freeze

For reducing loading time, and with your computer spec, if you know how to use S3PE and also understand basic programming about how a program designed to read and process its database, as I mentioned it in the link above I gave you about customizing TS3 packages file helps reducing loading time significantly even without the help of ramdisk usage, it also does reducing lags but not that much, but it helps me because with S3PE I can get rid the conflicts the corrupted and the duplicates between packages, but this was implemented for TS3 1.67, I don’t know if this would work for 1.69..

As for the last 90% bar why it took so long when TS3 load a new game or a previously saved one, it’s when TS3 loads your world and put everything you have from your EPs/SPs and your mods/cc to the world you’re playing, you can modified them too with S3PE as well, just like I modified my mods and put them together (not merging) in my TS3 package files.

So the concept to modify it, is make your TS3 with all of your EPs/SPs and Mods/CC installed, works like you only have TS3 BG installed, because the fastest TS3 to load and almost lags free is when you only have TS3 BG installed without any patch.. no EPs.. no SPs.. no mods.. no CC, so to make them works like BG only is modifying them to be integrated, for example, let’s say you only have BG installed but you patched it with 1.67, once it’s patched to 1.67, you’ll have Fullbuild0 package file conflicting with your patch 1.67 package file (which is Deltabuild0), this will increase your loading time even if you only have BG installed, but if you get rid those conflicts, corrupted ones and duplicates between them with S3PE, your loading will be like the original TS3 BG with no patch, and that’s why it also helps reducing lags and eventually prevent (or delay to be precise) freezes to happen..

So if you can make your TS3 with its all EPs SPs Mods and CC installed works just like the original TS3 BG only, you don’t have to worry about meeting up the minimum spec computer requirement for TS3 even with only 3gb rams you have, because TS3 won’t use more than 3gb rams anyway no matter how big your rams is, the key to make it work to fit your computer, is to manipulate the game reads and process its data and for that you'll going to need S3PE and S3OC to work it around..

Thanks to Inge and Peter L Jones for these S3PE and S3OC tools, all credits goes to them (apologize if I misspell their names)