Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 10:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default Homecrafter Crashes
I was using Homecrafter Plus and it was working fine then I quit it. I tried to restart it after a couple of minutes but I got the "this application has crashed" message. This message comes up immediatly. I then restarted my computer and tried again with the same result. I then uninstalled it totally and reinstalled it. It still won't work.

I installed Pets the other day and I noticed that my wall and floor tiles now go to the teleport folder insted of downloads. Could this have anthing to do with Homecrafter crashing?

I would really appreciate any suggestions for solving this problem.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 11:24 AM
Take out your Downloads folder (cut and paste it somewhere else temporarily), and then delete cigen.package and group.cache in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/ folder. It's odd that walls and floors are going into Teleport, so I'd take those files out temporarily too.

Then uninstall Homecrafter. Reboot your computer.

Re-download Homecrafter from the EA site. Reinstall Homecrafter. Reboot your computer.

Now try to start Homecrafter.

I had some weird issues with it after Pets. I think the above may help - similar to what I did when I was having trouble, and several people have had trouble with it after Pets, requiring a lot of poking and prodding to get it working again.

If that does get it working, then you can try putting back your Downloads. If it starts crashing again, you'll need to sift through your downloads by half at a time to see what the problem is. Certain hacked floor files (like some transparent floors) may cause Homecrafter to crash if you have them in when you load it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 4:19 AM
Thank you for your help.

After moving the downloads and teleport files, I found that removing the cigen. package and the cache files worked. I didn't need to uninstall Homecrafter.

Now the only problem I have is the teleport files don't show up.