Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 6:11 AM
Default Any Redditors?
Hey!

Since my last visit to MTS, I've developed a Reddit obsession. I thought I'd ask around here to find some fellow Sim Redditors. My username is _Batia_. Feel free to message me if you want. :p

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:35 AM
I browse a few subreddits from time to time. I'm quite a fan of LetsNotMeet.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:51 PM
I don't know if I've ever really known what Reddit is. It always seemed to me like a wildly popular forum with a ton of topics running on some really bad/simple/dated looking forum software. Is it something more than that?

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:44 PM
I have a love/hate but mostly hate relationship with reddit...it seems every time I stray from one of my few "safe" subreddits and post anything at all, people just tear me apart. I can't deal with it. That and the rampant misogyny on so many subreddits is enough to turn me off usually. Which is a shame, because there really is a lot of cool stuff there.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Lol I just went there because I was curious. Interesting but a little creepy, I'm not going back.

I have a bad habit of spending days on it, getting ridiculously paranoid, then avoiding it for months. Found myself reading it last night during my graveyard shift.... Terrible idea.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I don't know if I've ever really known what Reddit is. It always seemed to me like a wildly popular forum with a ton of topics running on some really bad/simple/dated looking forum software. Is it something more than that?

It's kinda like Off Topic here on MTS. It's just a whole forum for it.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat

It's a little more complex than a mere forum. So with a forum, you have sub-forums that are dedicated to a particular topic. The only forum administrators can set up those sub-forums and allow members to post threads there. With reddit, it's a bit more like the social groups here. Sub-forums ("sub-reddits") are independently created/managed. You might can think of a site of sub-forums. Like any community, there is a spectrum of people but with reddit there are numerous communities so you countless spectrums all over the place.

That said, yes, I love me some reddit.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
#8 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 6:39 AM
Right. Some Reddits are absolute gems. Some? Well... not so much.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:55 AM
I usually hide out on AskReddit

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 7:08 AM
Reddit; Why I'm only a lurker here now. I tend to get dragged down the rabbit hole of the local enough subreddits, which tend to get somewhat toxic, well the subreddit for my city is kinda slow paced in new posts, but r/vancouver is sure something, and r/canada ? I left there after getting yelled at a few too times by an angry Albertan convinced that the left is the cause of all the economic problems in the world, climate change doesn't exist, takes an agersive tone in the posts using CAPS on certain words, and making sweeping generalizations.

I think that guy stopped posting on r/canada so it'd be fine now, and looking at his posts hoping to find a big fight to post on r/subredditdrama, he still seems rather active on other subs, probably spending too much time on it considering how angry his posts are.

And that's why I like r/Canadapolitics better, it's moderated very well to keep things civil.

In other word discussing politics on the internet is toxic without it being well moderated, and I ranted a bit. :P

Now for fun subs the best I've found is r/wheredidthesodago, basically parts of ads with no context, and with how cringey so many infomercials are to being with it's great. Nosleep is also pretty good, horror, whhhoooo. Another I've been looking at a bit is r/planetcoaster, as well as r/rct because roller coaster tycoon is one of the best games ever made, and then 4moblie and world became a thing.... and that's why Planet Coaster shall rise. Can't forget my favorite show, Gravity Falls also has a sub, and well that's where I end up most of the time for now, it'll probably change in the next month again.
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
In other word discussing politics on the internet is toxic without it being well moderated, and I ranted a bit.

Discussing anything on the internet is toxic without a very tiny sample size or good moderation.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 5:28 PM
I got into Reddit last summer. It's... interesting.
Alchemist
#13 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:34 PM
I've heard a lot about Reddit, but I don't bother with it, personally. It just doesn't interest me.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st May 2016 at 11:19 PM
I loooooove Reddit. I find that there's a sub for every single one of my interests. It's so much fun to connect with different people.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
#15 Old 3rd May 2016 at 11:49 PM
I want to get into Reddit but I don't get it at all lol
Link Ninja
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 10:49 PM
So not a fresh thread but I'd think about a month is still new enough in this section to post on. I don't come to off-topic section that much but 'reddit' header caught my eye. I go there everyday, ever since my current SO introduced me three years ago. I lament the lack of discussion/shares on sims 2 content (or maybe there's a secret sims 2 subreddit I haven't found) but get some video game camaraderie from the r/skyrim subreddit. I love looking through askreddit and the AMAs.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:05 AM
Sometimes you think there should be an active Reddit community, but there's someplace else where that active discussion is happening. For Sims stuff I think it's mostly here, um probably "that other place for Sims content I don't want to send people looking for," and in the official forums. Unless I've just missed some major or new forum?
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:19 AM
/r/thesims is active as of late. I'm on it right now! Still, I prefer ModTheSims for discussions about Sims.

My Tumblr
Scholar
#19 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 6:19 AM
>not using the vastly superior 4chan

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 3:22 AM
I mess around on a few subs, though I'm only on two to be petty and start drama for another sub I'm on but it's the only thing I'm obsessive about checking.