Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:44 AM
Default Seeking anyone willing to chat.
I know some of you have seen my posts lately about my depression, so I'm sure some of you know what I'm dealing with. I'm in a rough spot right now, and it seems like the only thing really helping me is having someone I can talk to. Unfortunately those around me just seem to ignore me and want nothing to do with me, so I'm trying to find anyone that might be wiling to chat with me. I have a couple people already that I talk with on Skype, so it would be nice if I could find anyone else who would be willing to talk there. It wouldn't matter if it was just the text chat, anything would be nice at this point. So if anyone would be willing to chat please send me a PM, I would really appreciate it.

This isn't something that's easy for me to do asking something like this, and I really didn't want to, but I just really wanted to try finding more people I can chat with. I really don't expect anyone to actually want to chat, but I figured it was worth trying. I just think it would be nice if I could make another friend or two since I've already met several really nice people here that have been chatting with me.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 11:42 AM
I think you're doing exactly the right thing. Depression is awful but for many people it is helped by human contact and communication. I have a friend who is a bit of a terror for shutting herself up and isolating herself when she starts to go down and then gets herself into a right state. Invariably, as she is an extrovert, being with other people helps a lot though persuading her to go out for just a coffee can be a challenge (though once she does, it really helps her mood). I suggest you chat here for a bit and see if there are people with whom you have stuff in common - then maybe you'd be able to move onto one-to-one chat. The other thing is maybe use the chat room here at MTS (yes, there is one). If you can arrange a time for people to join you there (it can be very quiet), you could spend some time chatting by text which might help too. Where are you located?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:35 PM
I have a tendency to just hide myself away from everyone when I feel down, and usually I have a hard time trying to do just about anything when that happens. It's weird because I always considered myself an introvert, but lately I can't seem to do anything unless I have someone to at least chat with. It's really hard too because I've always been a really shy person, but right now I feel like I need people to talk to, so doing something like this and asking for people to chat with me is really rough for me to do. I don't know what it is but there are times where I just feel completely alone, and the only way out of it is to have someone to talk with.

I typically start off chatting with text before I try anything else, that's why I asked that anyone who is willing to chat send me a PM. I've met several people here already by starting off with PMs (before ever starting this topic) and so far I've actually talked with four people I've met here, three through Skype and one I talk with on the phone every now and then. Whenever I get to talk to those people it usually makes my day better, so it just really helps me having someone I can really talk to. I am in the US in Rochester New York (it's listed in my profile by the way).
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:38 AM
We do have a Discord server that I am on and some of this community, it's under live chat, there are people on for most of the day

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Alchemist
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
We do have a Discord server that I am on and some of this community, it's under live chat, there are people on for most of the day

Never knew about that. Good to know.

@haywud I have my phone most of the time, you could also rant per whatsapp. PM me if you like.

I come in peace
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:47 PM
I sent you a PM Johnny_Bravo, though I'm sure you'll probably notice that before you see this message. I figured I'd at least mention it here, it gives me something to do anyway.