Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
My files are corrupt because they contain another DBPF file
I just made 2 100% CC-free (EP and store stuff only) lots, uploaded them to My Studio on the Sims 3 page, decided to run them through Dephy PackCleaner and it says they're corrupt because "Contains another DBPF file/Package inside a package".

What is this, how do I fix it and why did I get this in the first place? It's also worth mentioning that I found another file with the same "corruption" even though I had said file (it's a cat from Exchange) for about 5 months now and it's been clean everytime I run it through Dephy tool before. :/

Are my files really corrupt and I'm just spreading corruption on Exchange or is Dephy worrying me for no reason?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:38 PM
That's because you have other CC packaged in your shared CC, when you have Sims3Pack CC installed via Launcher.

The best practice when sharing content is to move the DCBackup and DCCache folders elsewhere, so you only pack the Lot/Household with EA's default stuff.
Or pack it up (share), then use new clean user folders to test install it. If all is good, everything should revert to EA default content. And then share it again from within that "clean" user folder configuration (ie one that has no saves, no installed worlds, no installed sims, no cc at all).
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:53 AM
I installed some packs that said this. Is the pack safe to play?

Also, I have the cleaner, and I put to correct the file but nothing happens. I end up just deleting the whole thing