Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
My game is crashing,lagging and just not working!
i use sims3packages and mods,both were working fine until yesterday.

i went onto Sims to notice it was lagging really bad,but the cc was working fine.
eventually the game became unplayable. i deleted some cc,and moved the kept ones to my desktop,then uninstalled all my game and re'installed it,then moved my cc back into their folders.now my game has stopped lagging but it crashing within minutes of playing on it and now my mods don't work either. please help,very frustrated
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:39 PM
What mods are you using and are they up to date with the patch you are on? When you reinstalled your game did you try playing vanilla to make sure the game was working? Have you tried applying or reapplying the Superpatch? If reapplying it will tell you you have it...proceed anyway.
OR..
Put a copy your mods folder on your desktop, Empty out the current package files and mods and add a few back at a time from the desktop folder to see which one, if any, is causing the problem.
If that does not work:
Put your library file on your desktop and try playing. You could have some corruption somewhere in your lots and families that is causing crashing.
If that does not work:
Do the Same thing with the DCCache Folder and see if you can play. That will tell you if you have a corrupted 3pack file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
What mods are you using and are they up to date with the patch you are on? When you reinstalled your game did you try playing vanilla to make sure the game was working? Have you tried applying or reapplying the Superpatch? If reapplying it will tell you you have it...proceed anyway.
OR..
Put a copy your mods folder on your desktop, Empty out the current package files and mods and add a few back at a time from the desktop folder to see which one, if any, is causing the problem.
If that does not work:
Put your library file on your desktop and try playing. You could have some corruption somewhere in your lots and families that is causing crashing.
If that does not work:
Do the Same thing with the DCCache Folder and see if you can play. That will tell you if you have a corrupted 3pack file.

Most of my mods are recent ones and were working fine before hand,and no it didn't try playing vanilla. i'm currently trying to download the superpatch. i'll try these and if the do not work ill try the other suggested things.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:37 PM
Ok hope that works. When you say
Quote:
Most of my mods are recent ones and were working fine before hand,
do you mean you just recently installed them or "most" are up to date? It is possible to play a game with an outdated mod but only up to a certain point; eventually the game catches up with it and problems start. If the SP does not work it would help if you would list the mods you are using.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Ok hope that works. When you say do you mean you just recently installed them or "most" are up to date? It is possible to play a game with an outdated mod but only up to a certain point; eventually the game catches up with it and problems start. If the SP does not work it would help if you would list the mods you are using.

The mods i have got are shown in the image. when i say recent i mean i've just downloaded them,but have been recently recommended by a page.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 2:35 PM Last edited by LuckySimmer : 27th Jul 2014 at 3:42 PM.
On the brightside, i think the super patch has worked,as it's not crashing,but my mods still are not working I've tried everything you've said and still no luck.