Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 mods won't work
Hello, i don't know if this is in the right place, very sorry if it isn't.

Anyway, i downloaded some mods for the sims 3 and i made the mods folder and packages folder, and i put the mods in the packages folder. I have the resource in the right place as well, and now when i start up the game everything is normal, but my mods are not there. Does anyone have any solutions for this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:22 PM
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:40 PM
Are the mods here from MTS? Make sure that all the mods you have downloaded are agreeable with the current patch you have in you game. Do what venusprincess did and try dete your cache files and thumbnails.

''After all this time?''
''Always'' said Snape.

''Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live, without love.''
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 5:38 PM
You should've tested your framework folder to make sure it was working before trying to install Mods in it and you should always back up your Sims 3 folder before installing anything like that in case something went wrong.I backed up my Electronic Arts folder before my first attempt at installing Mods and nothing went wrong except for my not knowing how to adjust the settings for how I wanted to play.The Mods worked fine other than I wanted to play a certain way.I did have an issue with Mods once when I patched to 163 and forgot to delete the old Mods before Placing the new ones in my Mods folder and I was lucky to have compressed my Electronic Arts folder with 7zip before patching when that mistake corrupted my SIms 3 file and forced me to replace it again.I had to update the Mods again and deleted the old ones before putting the new ones in and it's what I use for my game.I just extracted my game file and recovered it.