Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Moving expansion packs from one drive to another?
I have an SSD as my c:\ drive, which means that there's not a lot of room on it. I noticed recently that I only had about 3GB left (of 90 total) space, and after checking it with WinDirStat I realised that about 13.5% of the space was occupied by sims 3 expansion packs. I didn't point the installer to my other, bigger, drive, so now half the expansion/stuff packs (namely: Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, Seasons, Generations, 70s 80s and 90s Stuff and Diesel Stuff - the expansion pack I use to load up the game is not part of that) are all on my C:\ drive and taking up 10GB by themselves.
So, obviously I have to uninstall these expansion packs. Is there a way to save my game files? I know with some games that you can uninstall and reinstall a program, having copied the save files to a different location, and then restore them to the freshly reinstalled program with no issues. Would this work in my case? Moreover, how should I uninstall them? Can I just delete the folders or do I just use the add/remove programs part of the control panel.

thats the more important issue (since it does affect my whole PC as well as sims), but also I have an issue where every so often the game will hang, or freeze, and though I can move everything else will be as if the game was paused, even if it wasn't. After a while it will spring back to life. Is this related to the stuff being on separate drives or is it a different issue entirely? I'd rather get the c:\ drive issue fixed first but if anyone has any immediate answer to this that would be appreciated too.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:40 PM
If you copy your files from the Documents folder, you can backup your saves. Then uninstall using the add/remove programs (which you should always do unless you're getting errors from the uninstall wizard) and reinstall, choosing the correct drive this time.