Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:38 AM
Default How to exit game during a loading-screen freeze?
Hey, so I'm currently running the gauntlet of trying to get Pescado's awesome mod to install, and my game's freezing on the loading screen (If anyone could tell me how to fix this, I'd be grateful, but since I can't find an answer that works for me over at MATY I suppose I probably won't find one here either, but that's not what this thread is about!)

Anyway, I'm just wondering for convenience's sake, how to close the game when it's frozen in the loading screen (since there's obviously no exit game option available then)... If I minimize to the desktop and try CTRL-ALT-DEL, I can never get the game to exit. Right-click + close doesn't want to work either. I end up having to reboot the computer every time, which makes testing all of these ridiculoso fixes for Pescado's mod a serious pain... so...

How do you do it? Anyone?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:32 AM
Ok!
Are you using terrorpackage, or whatever it is? ( I think I have a copy of it somewhere...)

Also deleting the caches sometimes helps.
After I did all the tweaks, the game runs fine for me, not minding low end spec crash.

Anyways if you're using XP ( Not sure how it'd work for Vista but...I'll assume your using XP. ) Go to Process Tabs in C+A+D and look for TS3.EXE, highlight, click delete, yes yes yes. There that should do it. You might, might get a dumprep.exe. You can delete that too. Let me know if that works?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:37 AM
on your keyboard do you have the key that has the windows logo on it press that usually it should take you bback to the desktop then you can close it
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:50 AM
Right-click on the task bar and open the task manager.
At the second tab you can find all working processes. Scroll down until you find the TS3.exe, click it and choose end process (or how it's called in english).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:58 AM
Yeah I managed to knock it out with C+A+D > Processes > End task tree, or something to that affect.

Um, what's terrorpackage?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:29 PM
I thought there were no loading screens... Oh, well...
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheShady
I thought there were no loading screens... Oh, well...

The game still needs to load. It's a free roaming game, yes, but there is a start-up loading screen, and a CAS one still.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stasisesque
The game still needs to load. It's a free roaming game, yes, but there is a start-up loading screen, and a CAS one still.

I was just being cynically humorous... I had fun.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Right-click on the task bar and open the task manager.
At the second tab you can find all working processes. Scroll down until you find the TS3.exe, click it and choose end process (or how it's called in english).

That worked THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH