Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
mods are not installing in the game
hey everyone

so i have Sims 3 a while now it works perfectly fine for me and i wanted to put mods into the game and whatever i do the mods are not working i created the Mods file and the Packages file in it and i downloaded Resource cfg in the mods file and it just not happening. I have read every single tutorial and watched a lot of videos and YouTube and still not working i am so frustrated
i have win 7, 4GB ram and the game patch is 1.63 .and all the mods are compatible to the patch
so plz help
thanks in advance
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:59 AM
Hey emyjacoub!

It sounds like you've set everything up right so I even hate to ask:
1) Have you unzipped the mods you're trying to use in your game and added them to where the creator instructed? They should be in .package format, most often they go in the Packages file.
2) Have you cleared/deleted your script cache file before you started the game (scriptCache.package)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
Hey emyjacoub!

It sounds like you've set everything up right so I even hate to ask:
1) Have you unzipped the mods you're trying to use in your game and added them to where the creator instructed? They should be in .package format, most often they go in the Packages file.
2) Have you cleared/deleted your script cache file before you started the game (scriptCache.package)?

first of all thanks for the fast reply
second in answer of ur questions
1- yes, i have unzipped the mods i actually downloaded the ready-made Framework Setup.zip in this website and tried to downloaded other mods manually but still didn't work
2-yes i have deleted the caches files also but that didn't work as well
plz help i am so lost and don't know what i should do
Instructor
#4 Old 4th May 2015 at 5:22 PM
I'm adding a link here to the mods install info and Q&A that they have posted on the NRaas site. I think I used Blunote00's checklist when I first installed mods myself (Quick and Dirty version).

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Install

Crossing my fingers, hoping you get them working soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2015 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
I'm adding a link here to the mods install info and Q&A that they have posted on the NRaas site. I think I used Blunote00's checklist when I first installed mods myself (Quick and Dirty version).

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Install

Crossing my fingers, hoping you get them working soon.

thank u for replaying
unfortunately i tried it and it still didn't work i really don't know wt to do else
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th May 2015 at 10:37 PM Last edited by Sim mania : 6th May 2015 at 11:15 PM.
Can you show a picture of what you've done so far? or you could download this Sims 3 mod framework folder I made for my blog.

After downloading, put it the The Sims 3 folder and delete your cache files: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositorCache.

In the folder, the nointromaxis mod is already included so when you launch the game and you don't see the intro animation, it means it works. For reference How to install mods though it's in italian but there are pictures.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Can you show a picture of what you've done so far? or you could download this Sims 3 mod framework folder I made for my blog.

After downloading, put it the The Sims 3 folder and delete your cache files: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositorCache.

In the folder, the nointromaxis mod is already included so when you launch the game and you don't see the intro animation, it means it works. For reference How to install mods though it's in italian but there are pictures.

that what i actually downloaded in my folder and i even tried to add them manually and it still no luck

[IMG]file:///E:/Untitled.png[/IMG]
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:26 PM
May I ask, what kind of Mods are you trying to install? And, what are you expecting to see?

When you installed the mods "Framework Setup" in your Sims 3 userdirectory (Documents\ Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\) did you testrun it with just the 2 packages that came with it ea. NoBuildSparkles and NoIntro mods. Did the game skip the intro?

Perhaps showing some youtube links which you used as reference can help us out understanding where it went wrong (that is IF*).

I am saying IF* due to it depends on what mods you are trying to run. Some won't show any sort of changes in your game, until you do related interactions with Sim (tuning), some adds new interactions to the game (scripts) or just plain custom content packages.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2015 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
May I ask, what kind of Mods are you trying to install? And, what are you expecting to see?

When you installed the mods "Framework Setup" in your Sims 3 userdirectory (Documents\ Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\) did you testrun it with just the 2 packages that came with it ea. NoBuildSparkles and NoIntro mods. Did the game skip the intro?

Perhaps showing some youtube links which you used as reference can help us out understanding where it went wrong (that is IF*).

I am saying IF* due to it depends on what mods you are trying to run. Some won't show any sort of changes in your game, until you do related interactions with Sim (tuning), some adds new interactions to the game (scripts) or just plain custom content packages.

well i only put used the 2 mods in the Framework setup so i can test the mods in my game but it didnt respond (the intro didn't skipped and i still had sparkles in the build mode)
so i deleted the entire mods folder and made a new one and downloaded master control and PortraitPanel from NRaas still no respond
i even re-installed my game again still nothing
and i used a YouTube vid as references
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5Qpdd7TqI
and i also read the tutorial here in MTS
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Instructor
#10 Old 8th May 2015 at 8:03 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 8th May 2015 at 8:51 AM.
I don't know what type of visuals are within the links posted above, but I captured a few screens of the current Sims 3 folders on my computer hoping that seeing them helps somehow.

1) Electronic Arts > Sims 3 (shows all my folders under Sims 3)

2) Highlighting my Mods folder

3) Highlighting the Packages folder within my Mods folder

ETA: Pay no attention to that 'Recorded Videos' that is highlighted in the first screen, on the right. I must have been hovering or something.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th May 2015 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emyjacoub
well i only put used the 2 mods in the Framework setup so i can test the mods in my game but it didnt respond (the intro didn't skipped and i still had sparkles in the build mode)
so i deleted the entire mods folder and made a new one and downloaded master control and PortraitPanel from NRaas still no respond
i even re-installed my game again still nothing
and i used a YouTube vid as references
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5Qpdd7TqI
and i also read the tutorial here in MTS
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Forget the YouTube link entirely the MTS link you provided says it all. Please be aware that the FrameworkSetup file is a complete Mods folder which you just have to extract in your The Sims 3 userdirectory (on win7: Libraries\Documents\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3)

Follow the steps laid out in that guide and don't falter, if the nointro mod doesn't prevent the intro from playing when you start your game, then you did something wrong and no other mod will run on your setup. I could write it up as what it says on that guide, but that would only mean that I'll be repeating it.

A slide screenshots of the method your using, such provided by lindali365, could really help us to understand where you went wrong. And posting a link of a file that is stored on your own system (harddrive) isn't really something you can share on the web, unless you make such available, though requires some knowhow how to do that.
Perhaps uploading it to a free share service site like photobucket or Tinypic is an alternative for you and post the links in this thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th May 2015 at 8:00 PM
thank you everybody very much it finally worked
i just re installed my game and patched it manually with the super patcher and it did work finally
thanks so much for ur help